Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Box Burger Eastpoint

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,179 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

In terms of the battle of the burgers in Eastpoint itself, the Epicentre burger is fantastic. On a different level to the Urban Mess one.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ordered from Block Burger on Friday (they had a 50% off offer) and was impressed. Streets ahead of the standard chipper and of a quality to match the likes of Jo' Burger, IMO. Will be using them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

ixoy wrote: »
    Ordered from Block Burger on Friday (they had a 50% off offer) and was impressed. Streets ahead of the standard chipper and of a quality to match the likes of Jo' Burger, IMO. Will be using them again.

Same here. Ordered from them last week for the first time and it was very good. Great burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ZacBanic

Anyone hear what happened to the previous owner?
    Why did it change hands?
    place is always busy Mon-fri -a goldmine you would think.
    had a box-burger classic burger today - absolutely delicious
    I asked for a glass of water as the previous owners offered tap water with ice
    bar staff told me they could not offer tap water as it was not fit for drinking
    got me thinking of the how many times I drank the tap water there before, I wonder was it not fit for purpose also, thinking back I never ever got a clean class in the old place either.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭coleslaw

ZacBanic wrote: »
    Anyone hear what happened to the previous owner?
    Why did it change hands?
    place is always busy Mon-fri -a goldmine you would think.
    had a box-burger classic burger today - absolutely delicious
    I asked for a glass of water as the previous owners offered tap water with ice
    bar staff told me they could not offer tap water as it was not fit for drinking
    got me thinking of the how many times I drank the tap water there before, I wonder was it not fit for purpose also, thinking back I never ever got a clean class in the old place either.

does not make sense as all professional kitchens have to use potable water,i.e. they have to wash the dishes in the water so it should be from mains and drinkable if not sounds wrong and id be surprised they would get pass the strict hygiene standards set out by the fsai or any Eho that might pay them a visit,but you never know, maybe they want you to buy the bottled water for profit

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It has not changed hands. It was closed the other day sue to some type of problem with the water. I'm guessing they would not give you water for a genuine reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ZacBanic

Probably something genuine alright.
    will monitor closely though, their food is very tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭coleslaw

ZacBanic wrote: »
    Probably something genuine alright.
    will monitor closely though, their food is very tasty

I'm sure next time they will give you a glass of water, and you will enjoy your food, no good restaurant like them would give anything else

Advertisement