Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Outage Swords!

Options
  • 29-02-2016 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭

3019 Homes without power, nothing major but worth a post perhaps. Have nothing better to do!

O4rNkYr.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

On my bed. In the dark. No WiFi. Can't cook anything.

I moved to Dublin to get away from this!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

So that's why our lights flickered a while ago! We're okay here in Rivervalley at least for now. When the lights flickered it reminded us of all the times we had outages during the building boom, it was no fun at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

On my bed. In the dark. No WiFi. Can't cook anything.

I moved to Dublin to get away from this!

Clearly this is what happens when we elect 2 TD's from the far left! Wheels are coming off in Fingal already :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It's estimated to be restored at half eight according to powercheck

Stheno wrote: »
    It's estimated to be restored at half eight according to powercheck

Just changed to estimated unknown.

https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/

Type of service interruption: Fault
    Number of customers affected: 3109
    Start time: 29/02/2016 19:16
    Estimated restore time: Currently Unknown
    Service Interruption Message:
    We apologise for the loss of supply. We are currently working to repair a fault affecting your premises and will restore power as quickly as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Feck sake I've a pile of work I need to do :(

Lights back on! and just before auxiliary power failed!

Inquitus wrote: »
    Lights back on! and just before auxiliary power failed!

Thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Lights have been dipping in Skerries. Doing my head in!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

They're still dipping here every so often.

• Advertisement

They're still dipping here every so often.

Aye same here, but at least the power is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Originally posted by Dizzyblonde - When the lights flickered it reminded us of all the times we had outages during the building boom, it was no fun at all.
    D your right , their was a time Fingal north was like the power cut capital of Europe let alone Ireland.
    But good old lidl + aldi,got them on special's we have 3 camping lamps (gas) + gas camp stove for the Tae, transitor dab radio,+ a superser , and a small bag of coal + logs in the shed(even though were on oil),we got caught out too many times, also and one of those torch's that would blind you,their's nothing worse than trying to find candle's etc and your way around in the dark,though I suppose some folk have their 4G off their phones,me I prefer the old way's a chat in the light of the lamp,a cup of Tae,or a daddy ''powers'' as me auld gran used to say,tell ye one thing,it's only when we get a power cut you realise how simple thing's really are.

dslamjack wrote: »
    D your right , their was a time Fingal north was like the power cut capital of Europe let alone Ireland.
    But good old lidl + aldi,got them on special's we have 3 camping lamps (gas) + gas camp stove for the Tae, transitor dab radio,+ a superser , and a small bag of coal + logs in the shed(even though were on oil),we got caught out too many times, also and one of those torch's that would blind you,their's nothing worse than trying to find candle's etc and your way around in the dark,though I suppose some folk have their 4G off their phones,me I prefer the old way's a chat in the light of the lamp,a cup of Tae,or a daddy ''powers'' as me auld gran used to say,tell ye one thing,it's only when we get a power cut you realise how simple thing's really are.

We'd get about three power cuts every two months still where I live.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Originally posted by Stheno- We'd get about three power cuts every two months still where I live.
    Stheno,we were about the same here in Lusk,am afraid to say anything now in case I put the come hither on us.
    I actually went out to the shed last november brought in the gas lamps to make sure their were working ,went up to Whites Agri for the Fuel,for the sake of 25 euro, its worth keeping a bit of coal,+the grate +fire guard handy in the shed.
    Their was one Christmas morning it went about midday,if my memory serves me.
    At least ,if you're prepared it's make's it a bit better , but it just is't funny as Dizzy say's if it's more than once a year.

dslamjack wrote: »
    Stheno,we were about the same here in Lusk,am afraid to say anything now in case I put the come hither on us.
    I actually went out to the shed last november brought in the gas lamps to make sure their were working ,went up to Whites Agri for the Fuel,for the sake of 25 euro, its worth keeping a bit of coal,+the grate +fire guard handy in the shed.
    Their was one Christmas morning it went about midday,if my memory serves me.
    At least ,if you're prepared it's make's it a bit better , but it just is't funny as Dizzy say's if it's more than once a year.

I tend not to mind them as the powercheck app tends to be accurate, this is the first one that drags on.

We went out for dinner this evening to pass the time, but it dragged on a bit too long and I ended up working quite late which was annoying.

Problem seems to be a connection in Jugback lane, it's been going on years.

Advertisement