Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2016

• 29-02-2016 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

Think its time to get a thread going for fancies / thoughts / lays / bantz (with a z) etc

I'll start off by saying Don Cossack wins the Gold Cup :D

Joking aside, (I am serious though) the ground now has 'good' in the description, and the forecast looks a bit unsettled. Expect good to soft on the first day as per usual.

A bit of a mug bet, but Mullins might get 3 or 4 on the first day - Min / Douvan / Annie power / Vroom Vroom Mag. Could be worth a few multiples etc.

Yes to look at the handicaps proper but have Johns Spirit backed at 25/1 in the Plate on Thursday = been laid out for this and loves Cheltenham.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Slattsy wrote: »
    Think its time to get a thread going for fancies / thoughts / lays / bantz (with a z) etc

I'll start off by saying Don Cossack wins the Gold Cup :D

Joking aside, (I am serious though) the ground now has 'good' in the description, and the forecast looks a bit unsettled. Expect good to soft on the first day as per usual.

A bit of a mug bet, but Mullins might get 3 or 4 on the first day - Min / Douvan / Annie power / Vroom Vroom Mag. Could be worth a few multiples etc.

Yes to look at the handicaps proper but have Johns Spirit backed at 25/1 in the Plate on Thursday = been laid out for this and loves Cheltenham.

I am Balls deep in john Spirit. have it backed at 25s, 20s, and 12s NRNB,

Absolute NAP of the festival

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Yeah he's a typical JJ plot job. Very obvious but the class horse. Could easily destroy that field.

I expect it to go off 8/1

Sorry to sink the ship lads but Im on Johns Spirit too @25's and 20's. :)

Im also on Silver Concorde without Min in the Supreme.

Djakadam in the Gold Cup.

Ive also a few bets on Noble Endeavor in the National Hunt Chase.

Vaniteux ew at 10's in the Arkle single and place doubled with Ma Filleule

Ive also a few ew singles and doubles with At Fishers Cross (you'll like that one Slattsy!!!)

Nap of the Festival is On The Fringe. Skinny price but Im hearing great confidence from the yard. (as with Josies Orders)

I cant have Annie Power for the Champion Hurdle. (not had a bet yet)

sdoc13 wrote: »
    I am Balls deep in john Spirit. have it backed at 25s, 20s, and 12s NRNB,

Absolute NAP of the festival

I have also backed The giant bolster for the 3m handicap Tuesday aty fancy prices on the exchanges 80s and 60s. Have backed it ew nrnb at 25s for a decent stake. Hoping connections see sense and dont send him to the Gold Cup. If he turns up here with Gd in the ground description I cant see him out if the top 3.

Few quid on AFC as well at fancy prices but I dont hold out much hope after his last run.

Backed My tent or yours ew at 20s and 1 pt win at 14s W/O faugheen also not looking great now but hopefully turns up.

I like ivan grozny in the County at a huge price hoping to get 50s nrnb if I do will have a decent punt.

The CH is quite the conundrum now alright. AP could easily win, but will only throw her in a multiple !!

MTOY might carry my few quid on the day, still a very classy horse, Nicky can get em ready and its a baaaad CH.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Long House Hall is running on day 2, it's 25/1 at the moment, I've made a nice few bob on this down through the years so I've put €50 ew on it at this stage

What price all 4 Mullins' hotpots win on the first day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

7/4. 2/1. 4/9. 5/4. Those are with different bookies but you should have no problem getting those with one on the day.

Anyone have a calculator? I'm guessing it's about 25/1?

BumperD wrote: »
    7/4. 2/1. 4/9. 5/4. Those are with different bookies but you should have no problem getting those with one on the day.

Anyone have a calculator? I'm guessing it's about 25/1?

Good guessing!!

25.81-1

Ladbrokes went top price every one the big 4 the morning of the first day last year. Did the accum at best odds that could have been got for about 2 months.

Would expect some bookie to do the same again early on the tuesday. Would hold off until then.

• Advertisement

TheTorment wrote: »
    Good guessing!!

25.81-1

Ha. I actually did that in my head. Boom!

I always find Ladbrokes have the best prices in the mornings.
    Their ap prices generally the worst.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I always find Ladbrokes have the best prices in the mornings.
    Their ap prices generally the worst.

Agreed, they also like printing off great match prices for stuff like first goal scorer and other crap but once you go to put a bet on the odds are changed cause the teams have been announced or some other crap excuse

Clareman wrote: »
    Long House Hall is running on day 2, it's 25/1 at the moment, I've made a nice few bob on this down through the years so I've put €50 ew on it at this stage

Come on ya good thing, I'm heading into a meeting at 2 but I'm due a text message letting me know the result

Clareman wrote: »
    Come on ya good thing, I'm heading into a meeting at 2 but I'm due a text message letting me know the result

Second will do nicely

Great run.

Think Vautor is very short. Taquin de Seuil ew for me at 20/1

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

PP enhanced offer of Vatour and Thistlecrack both to win 4/1 (max 10er)

The curse of death. I still put on.

The Thursday is traditionally a bookies day. Expect carnage

Advertisement