Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swap a 3G chip for a 4G chip Moto G

• 29-02-2016 9:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭

The sim reader on my Moto G (4G) broke so I swapped out the motherboard for another Moto G motherboard, however the new one I installed only supports 3G networks so I was wondering if I swapped the networking chip from the 4G to the current motherboard would my phone then get 4G networks? Would I have to flash a new rom? I can't replace the sim reader as the pads have been ripped from the board!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

IDencI wrote: »
    The sim reader on my Moto G (4G) broke so I swapped out the motherboard for another Moto G motherboard, however the new one I installed only supports 3G networks so I was wondering if I swapped the networking chip from the 4G to the current motherboard would my phone then get 4G networks? Would I have to flash a new rom? I can't replace the sim reader as the pads have been ripped from the board!

Glue and fine wire soldered might work?

Advertisement