Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNIB Card late renewal

• 29-02-2016 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

My GNIB card expired yesterday (28th Feb, 2016). Will it be okay if I renew it 9 days later on 8th March, 2016. Unfortunately I can't afford to give one day for GNIB owing to some study related deadline. Will there be any penalty for late renewal. I can't seem to find any such thing on the GNIB website. Kindly suggest.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭eurasian

gnjn wrote: »
    Hi,

My GNIB card expired yesterday (28th Feb, 2016). Will it be okay if I renew it 9 days later on 8th March, 2016. Unfortunately I can't afford to give one day for GNIB owing to some study related deadline. Will there be any penalty for late renewal. I can't seem to find any such thing on the GNIB website. Kindly suggest.

Hi. Why didn't you renew the card on time? One day gap in registration makes you an overstayer. Foreign nationals who are living in Ireland on a basis of GNIB/Stamp must renew their GNIB/Stamp at least a day before expiration date to avoid any gaps. This must be prioritised over anything else.
    I suggest you to speak to immigration in your locals office immediately and explain the circumstances as soon as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

priority number 1, your permission to stay and be allowed study here

priority 2 studying

Also, you are asking about 1 day when you intend to let it slide a further week, todays tuesday, go in tomorrow morning

Advertisement