Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

desktop recommendations

Options
  • 29-02-2016 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I seen the PC Building section but I don't think my request fits in there... I'm looking to buy a desktop as I don't have the ability to build one, any recommendations for one with a budget of €1,000?

I will be using it mainly for photoshop, lightroom, flash etc etc and possibly video editing too, I currently have a laptop with i5 but would like a desktop now.

Additionally, I would need to get a monitor and keyboard too but am open to them being separate to the desktop but if you can recommend something that includes the lot that's a bonus.

Any advice/recommendations?

If you need to ask any questions, fire ahead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Would you trust a boardsie to build for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Honestly, I would but the reason I am going for a pre-built desktop is it would probably be the simplest solution. I'm also not entirely sure of the price difference between a pre-built and custom built..

It can be fairly substantial yeah, depends where you buy.

I'll have a look on adverts if you want, you should be aiming for an i7 with a large HDD and an SSD with 16gb RAM, and you probably won't reach the budget

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

It can be fairly substantial yeah, depends where you buy.

I'll have a look on adverts if you want, you should be aiming for an i7 with a large HDD and an SSD with 16gb RAM, and you probably won't reach the budget

If you're happy to that then please do, thank you. I'm open to all suggestions so I would take any suggestions seriously.

Thanks again.

http://www.adverts.ie/desktops/hp-envy-intel-i7-3tb-hdd-16gb-ram-with-2-hdmi-monitors-wireless-keyboard-wired-mouse/9275232

This one is decent value and should be loads for what you need.

Messaged a few other people to see if they'd sell gaming PCs without the GPU, so I'll link them if they reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

If you build/ask someone to build for you thing might go wrong and you _may_ end up paying more that you expected. When you buy pre-build you just agree to pay more up front. Give yourself a chance that all will be OK and build a PC. You have all the required knowledge/advice/videos at your fingertips. I used to build PCs when there was no internet as we know it (yes, back in the dark ages) and every single small problem like misfitted graphic card was causing panick attacks!

Advertisement