Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physiotherapist

Options
  • 29-02-2016 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hi can anyone recommend a physiotherapist in Dublin 15 who does house visits?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Physiocare on Clonsilla Road do home visits. I used them recently (in their own clinic rather than at home) and found them excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Thanks.... are they all around the same price do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Zaph wrote: »
    Physiocare on Clonsilla Road do home visits. I used them recently (in their own clinic rather than at home) and found them excellent.

I found money to be a big motivation for some of their physios. My first physio there was amazing but after they left the next one was only interested in my money and not in my injury.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

dmm82 wrote: »
    Thanks.... are they all around the same price do you know?

I don't know what they charge for home visits, but the physio I was seeing was €55 per session. They seem to have a sliding scale depending on who you see, with the cost for more senior physios going up to €65 and €75 per session.
    athtrasna wrote: »
    I found money to be a big motivation for some of their physios. My first physio there was amazing but after they left the next one was only interested in my money and not in my injury.

I was lucky that I had the same physio throughout, bar one week she was away. I was having two sessions a week but she was keen to get this down to one a week as soon as possible, so certainly in her case I couldn't say she was more interested in the money. That said, that's my only experience of the place so I can't say if it's typical or not. Either way I felt that I got excellent treatment and didn't feel ripped off, so that's good enough for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I've used Physiocare myself and found them good, although it looks like the guy I used is no longer there, an Australian guy I think he was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

athtrasna wrote: »

I had similar experiences (in this instance, an achilles injury) the focus appeared to be on return visits rather than remediation.

My experience with Castleknock Physio is not great either, the particular physio I attended spent more time promoting homeopathy, diet and yoga as a means to resolve tendonitis rather than practicing actual physical therapy. Other physios at this practice may provide a better service, however my experience of other staff is limited.

I am actively seeking alternatives and am continually being drawn back to PT's in the city...

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

I've only had positive experiences with PhysioCare in Blanch. I've seen the same physio there for years and always felt like the focus was on treatment/prevention rather than trying to get me to come back for repeat visits. I had to get an short-notice appointment at the one in Castleknock a while back as my 'regular' physio couldn't fit me in, and I had a very positive experience with him too, with practical advice as well as treatment so that I didn't have to go back. I appreciate that everyone can have different experiences though, depending on who they see.

Advertisement