Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a HTML5 map framework for phonegap

Options
  • 01-03-2016 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can recommend a framework/api that I can use to build a part of my app functionality. I intend to build a app using phonegap and HTML5 as part of my final year college project and want to include a map function. I'm looking to implement a feature that allows me to display custom markers (from a db) on a map and then give directions. I'd also like a "around me" feature that will display what markers are within a certain distance.

I've researched and tested some frameworks and tutorials but found them limited with documentation/help if something goes wrong!. I've tried to use the ionic framework with firebase but couldn't get it working correctly

Anyone have any suggestions of frameworks to use or any tutorials to follow. I've looked at a few frameworks for too long so could do with fresh ideas

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 webfruits

There is also Monaca framework, same deal as Ionic.
    Here is a link where someone made map functions with markers using it.
    onsen [dot] io/
    blog/onsen-ui-google-maps-javascript-api-v3-angularjs-sample-application/

• Registered Users Posts: 12 webfruits

There is also Onsen UI framework, same deal as Ionic.
    Here is a link where someone made map functions with markers using it.
    onsen [dot] io/
    blog/onsen-ui-google-maps-javascript-api-v3-angularjs-sample-application/

Advertisement