Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir cashback offer

Options
  • 01-03-2016 12:26am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I signed up for a new Eir package of broadband/phone/TV in January. It was two days before your €100 offer ended. The service was installed on 12th of February and all going well so far. I have not received any notification of the cashback offer in the meantime, but see on the terms and condiaitons of http://eircashback.com/ that you must make the application return by 3rd of March. I rang the contact number and they said that the dates have been extended, so just wanted to register it here that I am still waiting. Just in case at some point later on I am told I cannot apply for it because of this.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

delly wrote: »
    Hi,

I signed up for a new Eir package of broadband/phone/TV in January. It was two days before your €100 offer ended. The service was installed on 12th of February and all going well so far. I have not received any notification of the cashback offer in the meantime, but see on the terms and condiaitons of http://eircashback.com/ that you must make the application return by 3rd of March. I rang the contact number and they said that the dates have been extended, so just wanted to register it here that I am still waiting. Just in case at some point later on I am told I cannot apply for it because of this.

Thanks.

Hi delly,

I'm sorry to hear you have not heard anything in relation to this. Would you like to PM me your account details and I'll check this for you.

Thanks

Tracey

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Thanks, PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Thanks, PM sent.
    Thanks. I'll come back to you soon through PM's

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Hi, any update on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi delly,

Have you received an e-mail in regards to this offer?

Pamela 

• Advertisement

Hi delly,

Pamela 
    Hi Pamela, no, I have not received a mail yet.

Hi delly,

Pamela 
    Hi Pamela, no, I have not received a mail yet.
    All recipients should receive e-mail correspondence regarding this delly.

Can you PM me your order number and I will contact the on-line team regarding this offer.

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭mcquaim

Hi there,

I got an email from that sweetie address today also.

I contacted eir chat and they said I was never sent any such email and that it's a scam and enter no details.

But reading this then is it actually legit or a scam?

Thanks,
    Mac

mcquaim wrote: »
    Hi there,

I got an email from that sweetie address today also.

I contacted eir chat and they said I was never sent any such email and that it's a scam and enter no details.

But reading this then is it actually legit or a scam?

Thanks,
    Mac
    Hi mcquaim, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Sweetie would be the company that deal with the cashback offer. Have you ordered service online recently? 

Thanks 

Pamela

Hi mcquaim, 

Sweetie would be the company that deal with the cashback offer. Have you ordered service online recently? 

Thanks 

Pamela

Hi Pamela,

Yes, I just recently signed up for the FTTH service.

I see lots of people are saying it's a scam though, they get these emails all the time even when they are not with Eir.

Are you able to check if it is legit?

It's odd they expect somebody to enter bank details though, surely this should be available via Eir as they have my details already.

Thanks,
    Mac

• Advertisement

Hi mcquaim, 

Thanks 

Pamela

Hi Pamela,

Yes, I just recently signed up for the FTTH service.

I see lots of people are saying it's a scam though, they get these emails all the time even when they are not with Eir.

Are you able to check if it is legit?

It's odd they expect somebody to enter bank details though, surely this should be available via Eir as they have my details already.

Thanks,
    Mac
    Ok no problem. 

If it's requesting bank details from you it would be a scam, we would never request information like this via email.

Feel free to screenshot this to me and I'll clarify it for you. 

Thanks 

Pamela 

Ok no problem. 

If it's requesting bank details from you it would be a scam, we would never request information like this via email.

Thanks 

Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

I've took a screenshot of the email, I scribbled out the code in case it is legit.

Thanks,
    Mac

Ok no problem. 

Thanks 

Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

Ah, boards won't let me upload the screenshot as it's a .png format..

Anyway, it states the following:

"
    Thank you for choosing a new eir bundle. Being with eir has its rewards and they don’t come much better than €50 cashback to spend as you wish. Enjoy!

How to claim your €50 cash back reward:
    Go to https://www.eircashback.com/ and enter your mobile number and your Unique Code which is .......
    Print the Reward Claim Form.
    Fill out all details fully, including your bank account details, and send the form to the address shown on it within the next 30 days.
    We will lodge your €50 reward to your bank within 14 business days of receiving your form.
    If you have any questions about your cash back reward,call Sweete Customer
    Care on 01 554 5770,who are managing this promotion on our behalf.

Thank you,
    The eir Team
    "

Thanks,
    Mac

Ok no problem. 

Thanks 

Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

Ah, boards won't let me upload the screenshot as it's a .png format..

Anyway, it states the following:

"
    Thank you for choosing a new eir bundle. Being with eir has its rewards and they don’t come much better than €50 cashback to spend as you wish. Enjoy!

How to claim your €50 cash back reward:
    Go to https://www.eircashback.com/ and enter your mobile number and your Unique Code which is .......
    Print the Reward Claim Form.
    Fill out all details fully, including your bank account details, and send the form to the address shown on it within the next 30 days.
    We will lodge your €50 reward to your bank within 14 business days of receiving your form.
    If you have any questions about your cash back reward,call Sweete Customer
    Care on 01 554 5770,who are managing this promotion on our behalf.

Thank you,
    The eir Team
    "

Thanks,
    Mac
    Hi mcquaim,

This is a legitimate e-mail.:D

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Hi mcquaim,

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

Are you sure?

Thanks,
    mcquaim

Hi mcquaim,

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

Are you sure?

Thanks,
    mcquaim
    As the OP who started this thread, I can vouch for this, I got the same type of mail. Bank account details on their own are not very beneficial for fraud purposes, it's not like a credit card number, so is low risk for sending via post.

Hi mcquaim,

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

Are you sure?

Thanks,
    mcquaim
    Yes I am, this e-mail is sent to customers by our cashback team mcquaim.

-Pamela 

Advertisement