Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email providers

Options
  • 01-03-2016 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking for a decent email provider for personal mail. Don't mind paying a reasonable annual fee to avoid ads/tracking ala gmail,outlook.com,yahoo etc

I'm looking at runbox.com (roundcube interface) which seems privacy focused and is in Norway i.e. part of the EEA.

Has anybody any experience of the Blacknight emailonly package specifically the Open-Xchange OX webmail interface ? Price seems very good although I notice that when the package is selected spam filtering control panel ( not obligatory) costs another 54+VAT which pushes the price up a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ishotjr2

For the exact same reasons, I use webhost.ie created a new domain and use their webhosting service. I think it is cheap and I think paying < 100e PA to keep your data private is a reasonable spend.

I looked at lots of different providers and these may not be the best/cheapest etc... but it meets my needs and you get a bunch of other stuff that I do not use and I think anyone can figure out how to use it.

I thought about pooling a few friends together and sharing the cost, but I knew then I would end up being everyone's IT expert "My email is not working...., Gahhh! Kaboom"

You can always just duckduckgo "top web hosting services ireland" and pick one :)

Advertisement