Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wexford Astronomy Club.

Options
  • 01-03-2016 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all sorry if I am posting in the wrong area, but I would just like to let anyone in the Co. Wexford area know that I am trying to get a club up and running and maybe track down some of the old Wexford club members that were around about 10 years ago.
    There is a Facebook page Wexford Astronomy Club
    And a website that is still a work in progress at www. wexfordastronomyclub.com

And any and everyone is welcome pop by and say hello

Thanks all and sorry in advance if this is posted in the wrong area,

Pat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Wolvie3099 wrote: »
    Hi all sorry if I am posting in the wrong area, but I would just like to let anyone in the Co. Wexford area know that I am trying to get a club up and running and maybe track down some of the old Wexford club members that were around about 10 years ago.
    There is a Facebook page Wexford Astronomy Club
    And a website that is still a work in progress at www. wexfordastronomyclub.com

And any and everyone is welcome pop by and say hello

Thanks all and sorry in advance if this is posted in the wrong area,

Pat.
    A good place to try and track down some previous members might be on the IFAS Forum (Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies) link: http://www.irishastronomy.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=category&layout=list&catid=0&Itemid=201

You might try and contact Seanie Morris on that site as I recall he did a "talk" in the Wexford area in recent years.

Best of luck with the new club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    A good place to try and track down some previous members might be on the IFAS Forum (Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies) link: http://www.irishastronomy.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=category&layout=list&catid=0&Itemid=201

You might try and contact Seanie Morris on that site as I recall he did a "talk" in the Wexford area in recent years.

Best of luck with the new club.

He posts on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Wolvie3099

Thanks Guys have been chatting to Seanie. I need to put a post up in the IFAS forum later today. and thanks for the good luck hopefully everything will go smoothly.

Thanks again,

Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Wolvie3099 wrote: »
    Thanks Guys have been chatting to Seanie. I need to put a post up in the IFAS forum later today. and thanks for the good luck hopefully everything will go smoothly.

Thanks again,

Pat.

Would be delighted to drop down and bring my scope, when you are doing an obs session.
    He posts on here.

I am aware that Seanie Morris is a regular visitor to this forum.
    I am also aware that IFAS have the necessary resources available to assist new astro clubs. :)

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Would be delighted to drop down and bring my scope, when you are doing an obs session.

Thanks Pat, and once we have crossed all the T's and dotted the I's everyone will be more than welcome to come down and say hi :-)

thanks again and clear skies,

Pat.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

You probably have the clearest skies in Ireland over there, not for nothing do the locals call it 'Wexico' :D

You probably have the clearest skies in Ireland over there, not for nothing do the locals call it 'Wexico' :D

Hahaha "Costa Del Wexico"

Advertisement