Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Flat land inspections turned out

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/dublin-slum-crackdown-finds-over-90-of-flats-fail-test-1.2554658

The interesting this about this report is the high number of failure of the pre 63 houses. Its no wonder there were so many for sale a few years back.

My father owned a couple of Georgian houses split into apartments and studios. What we found difficult during renovations was adhering to restrictive planning regs in relation to listed building while also ensuring compliance with regs set by the council. It was expensive. I think some relaxing of the planning regs for listed buildings would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

garhjw wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/dublin-slum-crackdown-finds-over-90-of-flats-fail-test-1.2554658

The interesting this about this report is the high number of failure of the pre 63 houses. Its no wonder there were so many for sale a few years back.

My father owned a couple of Georgian houses split into apartments and studios. What we found difficult during renovations was adhering to restrictive planning regs in relation to listed building while also ensuring compliance with regs set by the council. It was expensive. I think some relaxing of the planning regs for listed buildings would help.
    Add your reply here.

I take it your Dad owned these well before the new regs therefore it may have been expensive but worth it still financially

Advertisement