Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cold pressed coffee

• 01-03-2016 9:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone any experience making cold pressed coffee?

Have tried a few different ratios 1.5 & 1.10.
    200g of coffee to a litre of water.
    100g of coffee to a litre of water.

Originally used Starbucks beans, ground them coarsly, soaked in the water over night and found it was very bitter coffee, then tried Illy beans and found it improved.

Overall still slightly bitter. Any reccomendations for low acid / low pH coffee? Medium roast seems a good option but I've no idea what type beans would be good! Any suggestions?

A type of coffee bean that would give some nice subtle flavours would be good! It recommends using a fairy coarse grind - which I've done, maybe a finer grind would work better?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

I use a light roast, and usually African coffees.

Generally 60g coffee with quite a coarse grind ( I'd grind coarser than French press) to 1L of water and left overnight.

Usually turns out great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭dball

lots on youtube about this, some recommendations on foodtube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

OldBean wrote: »
    I use a light roast, and usually African coffees.

Generally 60g coffee with quite a coarse grind ( I'd grind coarser than French press) to 1L of water and left overnight.

Usually turns out great.

I asked about using a light roast over a medium roast coffee in a few coffee shops and they said that light roast coffee can tend to keep the acidic properties in the coffee and to go with a medium roast. I'll search out a light and medium roast African coffee and she how I get on! Thanks!

I like brighter coffee so would be biased, but the difference lies in good acidity and bad acidity.

Where are you based? I would say to try check out coffee from 3FE or Roasted Brown if you can get them locally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

OldBean wrote: »
    I like brighter coffee so would be biased, but the difference lies in good acidity and bad acidity.

Where are you based? I would say to try check out coffee from 3FE or Roasted Brown if you can get them locally.

Based in the South East, I'll give 3FE a bell and ask them if they would post down some lighter coffee!

• Advertisement

Arch Cafe in Waterford stock 3FE's coffee if that's near you. I think they have a stockist in Wexford too.

Advertisement