Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICB Report. Credit card present on report for 10 years.

• 01-03-2016 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Hi all as the title says there is a credit card on my report for the past 10 years scheduled to be removed in 2017. I am currently paying this off have a small balance. Does anyone know why this would still be on my report I thought after 5 years it had to be removed ? Can I ask for this to be removed? Does anyone have an idea ? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Nearly a year until 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Nearly a year until 2017?

Yes a year and a half left it states 2017. But that means it's on my report for 10 years in total.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'd guess because you have not actually settled it yet and hence it's an outstanding item and as per their webpage:
    The ICB holds information about borrowers and their loans for 5 years after the loan is closed

Advertisement