Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a line installed to my house

Options
  • 01-03-2016 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I moved to a new house on 20th Feb, and prior to doing so I contacted Eirecom with regard to what internet I would have available at the house.  I was informed that it was Fibre ready and so went ahead with the lease. 

On the same day I contacted SKY and informed them of the fact the home was Cable ready and I want to go ahead with a Fibre package.  Last Friday an engineer came to the house and informed us there was no phone line coming from the pole to the house and that Eircom would need to put in a line.

I contacted SKY today and they tell me they cannot request an Eircom engineer until they complete diagnostics on the "line" tomorrow when the broadband goes active, with no line I see no reason for this but they say its process, convoluted if you ask me.

So can I ask how can we get this line expedited? And would going with Eircom internet make things more efficient.  I have been using my 4G Meteor phone for home internet by tethering it, but the cost is becoming unacceptable.

Can someone please help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

I moved to a new house on 20th Feb, and prior to doing so I contacted Eirecom with regard to what internet I would have available at the house.  I was informed that it was Fibre ready and so went ahead with the lease. 

On the same day I contacted SKY and informed them of the fact the home was Cable ready and I want to go ahead with a Fibre package.  Last Friday an engineer came to the house and informed us there was no phone line coming from the pole to the house and that Eircom would need to put in a line.

I contacted SKY today and they tell me they cannot request an Eircom engineer until they complete diagnostics on the "line" tomorrow when the broadband goes active, with no line I see no reason for this but they say its process, convoluted if you ask me.

So can I ask how can we get this line expedited? And would going with Eircom internet make things more efficient.  I have been using my 4G Meteor phone for home internet by tethering it, but the cost is becoming unacceptable.

Can someone please help!
    Hi kensimmons1969,

Im afraid due to the order being with another service provider we have no access to this and all requests need to go through them directly.

If a new line is needed we would carry out that work however the request needs to come from SKY. The line would need to be installed first before any internmet service would be attached, this is our process. I wouldn't be able to comment on another providers I'm afraid.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement