Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insurance in a hotel function room?

Options
  • 01-03-2016 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,

Could anyone advise me if I need to get my own insurance to run a market type event in a hotel function room or does the hotel's public liability insurace cover my stall holders and customers?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Only people that can answer that is the hotel themselves. I'd imagine if they are on the premises, then the public are under their liability insurance for incidents arising from their negligence or could be reasonably attributed to their failing. If you were in some way responsible i.e. A spilled liquid from your stall that cause a slip, then its not the failing of hotel but yours. I'd cover yourself either way as a phone call is all it takes to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Shouldn't it be up to the individual stall holders to have PL insurance? Unless you, as the organiser offer a group scheme, no hotel is going to cover you....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I'd imagine the hotel will want PL in place possible indemnifying the hotel for the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

And each store holder must hold PLI themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Higmo

Hi All,

Thanks so much for your replies. It turns out that I most definitely need my own public liability insurance which will cover the customers and the stallholders whom don't have insurance (private sellers) and the hotel is responsible for any injury caused due to their negligence.

The claims culture sucks! (false claims of course)

• Advertisement
Advertisement