Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I notify Bank of Ireland of travel plans

Options
  • 01-03-2016 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I am travelling over to UK at weekend and then heading to Thailand with work next week.
    Do i need to notify you of my travel plans in case you think its suspicious and cancel my card?
    Thx,
    DublinBeaker.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon DublinBeaker, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We would always advise our customers to notify us of their travel plans. If you're registered for 365Online you can do this quickly and easily via the Online Service Desk. Choose the option for Credit Card Travel Notification and enter in your travel plans. Just to mention, you can also use this option for your Visa Debit card and use your 16 digit card number to register your plans. 

Alternatively, just call our customer service team on 0818 365 365 / +353 1404 4000 and a representative will be more than happy to help you. 

We hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip. Just to mention, our twitter team are available 24/7 @talktoBOI if you need any assistance while abroad. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement