Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Bonamassa Dublin 2016

Options
  • 01-03-2016 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Joe Bonamassa In Concert
    A Salute To The
    British Blues Explosion
    Vicar St,
    29 & 30 June 2016.

Joe Bonamassa pays homage to the music of Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page. Tickets on sale Friday 4th March at 9am!

Deadly. Missed his show years ago in Vicar St.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Always puts on a top show....looking forward to seeing him again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Nice! Been a fan for a few years now and love watching his live performances on YouTube. Should be a great gig.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

He'll probably throw in a bit of Rory Gallagher and Gary Moore too.

No football on either night so we won't be missing a potential knock out tie should Ireland make it out of the group.

Edit: Actually Ireland could be playing on the 30th if they finish 3rd and win the Second Round tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Going on Thursday.

Can't effin wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dinosaurtommyjr

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Going on Thursday.

Can't effin wait.

I going Wednesday and can't wait, saw him in 2010 in vicar st, his new album is his best , the outro guitar solo on ain't no place for the lonely is the best I've ever heard, also drive is a cracking tune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Fletch87

2 tix going for Wednesday if anyone wants them? Won't make it due to work

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dinosaurtommyjr

Fletch87 wrote: »
    2 tix going for Wednesday if anyone wants them? Won't make it due to work

Hi just wondering how much r u selling tickets for

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Fletch87

Hi just wondering how much r u selling tickets for

Sorry, given away last night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Just said feck it and bought a ticket for tonight on TM, looking forward to it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭jucko

two tickets for tonight.... going cheap can meet at gig

• Advertisement

By God that was value for money......what an incredible performance!!!:eek:

The guy just keeps getting better and better.:eek:.... loved every minute of it I must say!!

Vicar Street is probably my favourite venue ......sound is great and shows are always a bit special, was pleasantly surprised at the lack of nattering and mobiles which made it all the more enjoyable too!!;)

A legend in the making......thanks Joe!;)

Wow, excellent!

Can't bloody wait for tomorrow. Been waiting years to see him.

Wow, excellent!

Can't bloody wait for tomorrow. Been waiting years to see him.

I'd nearly go again tomorrow too:P.......fantastic show, you're in for a treat!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Grid. wrote: »
    was pleasantly surprised at the lack of nattering and mobiles which made it all the more enjoyable too!!;)

I wish I was in the same area as you :(, near me there was this bollox with an annoying laugh, honestly I wanted to strangle him and this other lad was TALKING VERY LOUDLY, it was only noticeable during the quiet bits but still why do people bother to pay 50 euro in and then don't listen, idiots.

He started very early, I arrived in at 8.05 and he had just started, I was surprised the setlist was covers only, I thought he would throw in a few of his own songs, I don't know a whole lot of Clapton/Beck/Page material, the only song I knew was Spanish Boots, but still it was brilliant, the band were solid and Joe is one of the best guitarists in the world, I loved every minute despite not knowing much of the songs and having a few idiots in my presence.

Hope he brings the BCC lads with him when he comes back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Would love to go again tonight. Sold out.

Great gig. Won't spoil the set but he did include a few JB songs. Delighted to have seen him live and in such a small venue.
    Didn't know the majority of the songs but it didn't bother me in the slighest. Just great music for over 2 hours.

No merch on sale was a bummer for the 1st night. Also I wonder if they band will have a backdrop in place for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 prf

Was there last night.What a night,sound was spot on..Fantastic gig,came across him 2 year's ago while surfing utube,and I haven't stopped listening to the guy since.Just go and be part of a very special event,it's not every day you'll get to see possibly the best performance of your life.This guy is really the business.ENJOY

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Gobethewall

Going tonight, can't wait. Who is playing with him in line up? I haven't been able to find this out anywhere!!

Going tonight, can't wait. Who is playing with him in line up? I haven't been able to find this out anywhere!!

http://jbonamassa.com/about-joe/about-band/

The first three on that list played last night......with another guy (name escapes me) on guitar.;)

The first three on that list played last night......with another guy (name escapes me) on guitar.;)

Wait a minute, wait just a f***in minute...

The guy who played keyboards on Life Without You is gonna be there?? Tonight???

That's one of the greatest songs ever, I can't believe this!!!

Thanks Grid.

They're who I hoped would be playing. All top class

• Advertisement

Wait a minute, wait just a f***in minute...

The guy who played keyboards on Life Without You is gonna be there?? Tonight???

That's one of the greatest songs ever, I can't believe this!!!

Yip....he was fantastic, the whole band were!

The other guitarist is apparently a Russ Irwin.

Just found the line up from report of Joe's free concert in Cavern Club on 27th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Going tonight, have been a fan for probably 10 or more years now. Have every studio album he's done bar the most recent, which I just haven't got round to getting. Also have 2 of the BCC albums, one of the Beth Hart albums and the Vienna acoustic one.
    Saw him live for the first time last year, went to Cardiff on my own and it was a great show. Will be nice to share it with friends and family tonight.
    Hes as good as it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Satch last week, JB last night. It doesn't get much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GuitarTown

Great show last night. I'd recommend going early, no support and he was on stage at about 8 or there abouts

GuitarTown wrote: »
    Great show last night. I'd recommend going early, no support and he was on stage at about 8 or there abouts

Stuffin this pizza in me gob and I'm out the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

on my way in also

wouldnt mind meeting some boardsies as im on my todd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

waiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Great gig, band were amazing, and Joe is simply a ridiculously talented guitarist.
    I've been a fan many years, love his stuff, so it was different to hear him playing what was by and large covers (yes I know he does a lot of these in general, but you know what I mean!) I wouldn't have known a lot of the songs, but the guitar work on them just makes that irrelevant. He makes the songs his own regardless.
    Only complaint was that the vocals on some of the louder tunes were a little hard to discern, wasn't expecting that at this venue. Joe is a great vocalist as well, so it must have been to do with the setup at the venue. I heard him last October in a big venue in Cardiff and the vocals were first class, you could make out every word easily.
    Only a small issue tho. He's a musical hero of mine and it was a privilege to hear him play in such a small, atmospheric arena.
    Delighted to have had that chance.

• Advertisement

Got caught out by them starting on the button. Stuck towards the back for a while amongst the talkers, why would people go to a gig and talk all through it. Considering the volume some were shouting to each other, unbelievable!

Still, what a fantastic night. They really went for it, Joe really has a great band around him now. There was definitely a bit of an issue with the vocals, but it didn't really matter considering the quality of the music.

Advertisement