Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Taps

Options
  • 01-03-2016 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

In the market for some beer taps - new to kegging so not sure what to look out for.

Found this link

Worth the delivery wait or is there alternatives locally i should be looking at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

nobody?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

This looks like a good price and a good quality tap. I bought a similar one from mybeerandwine a few years ago but they don't seem to have them any more. There is a picture of one on their website but no price, maybe you could contact them direct. Try adverts.ie, done deal, and the national homebrew club have a for sale and wanted section on the forum.

The tap pictured has a flow control lever which I think is a must have. It'll save you a lot of hassle when you're trying to balance your system later on. If you're attaching to a fridge door, just make sure the shank on the tap is long enough or you may have to remove the white plastic stuff inside the fridge door. It looks a good quality tap though and can be completely taken apart for cleaning.

Richie71 wrote: »
    This looks like a good price and a good quality tap. I bought a similar one from mybeerandwine a few years ago but they don't seem to have them any more. There is a picture of one on their website but no price, maybe you could contact them direct. Try adverts.ie, done deal, and the national homebrew club have a for sale and wanted section on the forum.

The tap pictured has a flow control lever which I think is a must have. It'll save you a lot of hassle when you're trying to balance your system later on. If you're attaching to a fridge door, just make sure the shank on the tap is long enough or you may have to remove the white plastic stuff inside the fridge door. It looks a good quality tap though and can be completely taken apart for cleaning.

Cheers

Didn't think anyone was going to reply to me - i just ordered this one
    link

Looks very similar but a few quid cheaper...

I've just built a bar in my games room and i'm currently kitting it out.
    considering some sort of DIY tower to mount the taps
    Hopefully i can build one rather than paying for something that leaves no room to expand

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

Yeah that looks similar and should do the job. I've no experience of building a diy tower but the major pitfall I hear can be finding a way to keep the beer line cool. If your keg is say in a fridge and you have any length of beer line outside this at a higher temperature, then you're going to get a lot of foaming. I'm sure there are others that can offer advice here. I attached my taps directly to the door of a larder fridge. It holds a few kegs and has plenty of room for bottles as well. Try googling pics of kegerators or keezers for inspiration.

Yeah i've been doing plenty of research on beer lines...
    My setup could have as little as 3 feet from fridge to tap
    but i think there is a minimum length beer line formula i need to work out

I'm thinking wall mounted tower, with my fridge on the other side of the wall.
    There's a crawlspace where i can put my fridge, gas, etc - to keep the whole setup nice and tidy.

Wintertime i wont even need the fridge :)

Baby steps - loads to figure out

• Advertisement
Advertisement