Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR Vision and promotions (what they don't tell you)

Options
  • 01-03-2016 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭

Good afternoon

Just going to post up my recent discovery with eir having received a higher than expected bill.

As an existing phone and broadband customer I took up the offer of free tv for 12 months with the half price add on of sports/movies and free Bt sport for two months.

anyway the install date was the 5th of February and my billing date is the 25th of Feb. So as I received the service prior to my bill being issued the promotions do not apply and thus you are charged from the install till your next billing date.

This should be made clear to customers at sign up rather than let them wait for their bill. I rang yesterday to seek clarification to no avail. Its just very disappointing customer service

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

kooga wrote: »
    Good afternoon

Just going to post up my recent discovery with eir having received a higher than expected bill.

As an existing phone and broadband customer I took up the offer of free tv for 12 months with the half price add on of sports/movies and free Bt sport for two months.

anyway the install date was the 5th of February and my billing date is the 25th of Feb. So as I received the service prior to my bill being issued the promotions do not apply and thus you are charged from the install till your next billing date.

This should be made clear to customers at sign up rather than let them wait for their bill. I rang yesterday to seek clarification to no avail. Its just very disappointing customer service

Hi kooga,

I'm very sorry to hear this. Would you like to PM me your account details and I can have a look at this for you and clarify.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Twelve Bar Blues

the install date was the 5th of February and my billing date is the 25th of Feb. So as I received the service prior to my bill being issued the promotions do not apply and thus you are charged from the install till your next billing date.

That's a poor explanation - if you get services added to your account, it will always be prior your next bill date!
    Why are full details not given clearly at POS?

Good afternoon

Hi kooga, 

I'm afraid I can't view your PM, can you resend this to me please? 

Thanks 

Tracey 

the install date was the 5th of February and my billing date is the 25th of Feb. So as I received the service prior to my bill being issued the promotions do not apply and thus you are charged from the install till your next billing date.

That's a poor explanation - if you get services added to your account, it will always be prior your next bill date!
    Why are full details not given clearly at POS?
    Hi Twelve Bar Blues, 

Is there anything I can help you with?

Thanks 

Tracey 

Good afternoon

Hi kooga, 

I'm afraid I can't view your PM, can you resend this to me please? 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks, I've received that now. 

I'll come back to you soon through PM's.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭kooga

thank you

thank you
    No problem at all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement