Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belly - The Academy Saturday July 23rd

Options
  • 01-03-2016 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Much as i dislike this venue, I'll have to make an exception for this one!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

WOW - Didnt think we would be lucky enough to get our own gig !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

roll wrote: »
    Much as i dislike this venue, I'll have to make an exception for this one!

What are your dislikes about this particular venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    What are your dislikes about this particular venue?

people yapping and the fact that the bar is relatively close to the stage makes the general noise around the place pretty awful-at least in whelans there is a space around the corner from the bar (to the left of the stage as you're looking at it) where bar 'noise' isn't so bad....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

people yapping and the fact that the bar is relatively close to the stage makes the general noise around the place pretty awful-at least in whelans there is a space around the corner from the bar (to the left of the stage as you're looking at it) where bar 'noise' isn't so bad....

Unfortunately you can't gag people. Plenty of eagle eye viewing positions. The sound at least for me, has always been outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

im legit gobsmacked they reformed and a gig in acamdey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Ticket secured

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Anybody know what time they will be on stage roughly?, sick of trying to ring the venue.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Anybody know what time they will be on stage roughly?, sick of trying to ring the venue.

Thanks

6.30pm

Balls - can't go to this now-anybody want a couple of tix?

jaysus-nobody wants a ticket to see Belly?! For shame!

• Advertisement

Effects wrote: »
    6.30pm

just curious where you got that info?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 seanrhags1

Balls - can't go to this now-anybody want a couple of tix?

I'd take these if they haven't been snapped up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

ronano wrote: »
    just curious where you got that info?

Doors open at 7:30pm and they are highly unlikely to start playing to an empty room.
    They have no support on the English concerts and are going on stage there at around 8:20 to 8:30 each evening playing long sets

@Rock_City_Notts
    SET TIMES TONIGHT!
    Doors 7pm
    @Bellytheband 8:30pm
    Curfew 11pm
    TIX ON THE DOOR!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Never listened to them. Are they anything like the Breeders or the Throwing Muses?

Tanya Donnelly was in all three groups, so will have the same influence in all of them. Might be the last time around this part of the world.

Peter File wrote: »
    Doors open at 7:30pm and they are highly unlikely to start playing to an empty room.
    They have no support on the English concerts and are going on stage there at around 8:20 to 8:30 each evening playing long sets

@Rock_City_Notts
    SET TIMES TONIGHT!
    Doors 7pm
    @Bellytheband 8:30pm
    Curfew 11pm
    TIX ON THE DOOR!
    . Your initial post was 6:30pm which was why i was curious. It must have been a typo, thanks for the info. Set lists look amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jaysus, Belly and Suede on at the same weekend. Think it's going to have to be Belly for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

They are getting great reviews for the UK shows, here's one from Manchester:

http://louderthanwar.com/belly-manchester-ritz-live-review/

and Leeds:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jul/17/belly-review-leeds-university-tanya-donelly-band

Really looking forward to Saturdays gig, haven't seen them live since supporting REM in Slane in 95. Also see they are playing a couple of new songs...is a new album too much to hope for??

Anywhere close by to go for a few drinks afterwards with decent music, also is it still manic at taxi ranks on a Saturday night?

ahlookit wrote: »
    They are getting great reviews for the UK shows, here's one from Manchester:

http://louderthanwar.com/belly-manchester-ritz-live-review/

and Leeds:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jul/17/belly-review-leeds-university-tanya-donelly-band

Really looking forward to Saturdays gig, haven't seen them live since supporting REM in Slane in 95. Also see they are playing a couple of new songs...is a new album too much to hope for??

Tanya: New Belly songs will be released at some point, though the form isn’t yet fully decided yet. But we are writing and have a very good (imho) bunch coming along.

http://www.bristollivemagazine.com/belly-interview/

.@bellytheband fans! Band on-stage 8.30pm sharp tomorrow @academydublin - doing 2 sets! No support!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Anywhere close by to go for a few drinks afterwards with decent music, also is it still manic at taxi ranks on a Saturday night?

also is it still manic at taxi ranks on a Saturday night? Depends what time you hit them at ..3 am yes most likely,before then shouldn't be a problem to get a taxi.

Anyone know if they will have support and from whom?I know alot of the uk gigs didn't but the ticket is Belly & guests.

Anyone know if they will have support and from whom?I know alot of the uk gigs didn't but the ticket is Belly & guests.

No support, they'll be onstageat 830pm and will play 2 sets

Was there an encore?

Was there an encore?

I did not enjoy that gig at all...

I did not enjoy that gig at all...

ok that a was a bit (way too) harsh,as expected it was the 2hour set and can't fault the band. maybe a few too many slow tunes in the set for my liking.I am not sure if there was encore or not,certainly there was howls for more at the end that were not met but after 2 hrs they had done their bit.Tanya looked great onstage and voice sweet as ever.It was close to if not sold out.

ok that a was a bit (way too) harsh,as expected it was the 2hour set and can't fault the band. maybe a few too many slow tunes in the set for my liking.I am not sure if there was encore or not,certainly there was howls for more at the end that were not met but after 2 hrs they had done their bit.Tanya looked great onstage and voice sweet as ever.It was close to if not sold out.

I thought you were joking about not liking it! What did you not like? I thought they were stellar. Exactly what I thought belly live would be, the songs being a bit beefier than on record. Tanya's voice is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

I thought you were joking about not liking it! What did you not like? I thought they were stellar. Exactly what I thought belly live would be, the songs being a bit beefier than on record. Tanya's voice is great.

Worth the 21 year wait to see them a second time. Tanya's voice is amazing. Pity about the bass heavy bit for a few mins in the first set, and lack of an encore thanks to the academy...feckers... But still loved the gig

i answered the question above,,they where grand hardly gig of the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

the sound was a bit crap early on, kinda wrecked the first few songs for me but they sorted whatever it was. very enjoyable after that. Judas My Heart song of the night, just perfect.

Advertisement