Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terenure 5 Mile - Sunday May 15th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Super event. First time doing it. I had a goal of 42:30 in my head and with the heat, I thought it wouldn't be my day. As it turned out, it was :) Delighted with my chip time of 39:31. Very well organised, came out on Friday evening to collect my number and tshirt so I'd have an idea where I was going on Sunday morning. Only quibble was I managed to pick up what was probably the only rotten apple in the box :roll eyes: Definitely putting this in the diary for next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

racheljev wrote: »
    Super event. First time doing it. I had a goal of 42:30 in my head and with the heat, I thought it wouldn't be my day. As it turned out, it was :) Delighted with my chip time of 39:31. Very well organised, came out on Friday evening to collect my number and tshirt so I'd have an idea where I was going on Sunday morning. Only quibble was I managed to pick up what was probably the only rotten apple in the box :roll eyes: Definitely putting this in the diary for next year :)

Great going, Rachel! That's a great time... Glad to see you back on form.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 what the heck

Despite growing up on the route and my parents still living within the first loop, this was my first time to run this race. I really enjoyed it and the pacers were great. I was slow (had been sick in the lead up so no running) and stuck to the 55 minute pacers and they were great - kept us motivated along the way. Great support too along the route.

One minor thing - there was no water to be found for those of us who had finished later... not to mention fruit. Luckily my brother had brought a number of bottles of water from home when he came to support us.

Will be back next year all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Run and Jump

Despite growing up on the route and my parents still living within the first loop, this was my first time to run this race. I really enjoyed it and the pacers were great. I was slow (had been sick in the lead up so no running) and stuck to the 55 minute pacers and they were great - kept us motivated along the way. Great support too along the route.

One minor thing - there was no water to be found for those of us who had finished later... not to mention fruit. Luckily my brother had brought a number of bottles of water from home when he came to support us.

Will be back next year all the same!

Thanks - I was one of the two 55 min pacers: glad you had a good run.

Sorry to hear about the water shortage at the end: we had asked that finishers only take one bottle each but on such a hot day people understandably took more. Certainly something for improvement next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CassieManson

adrian522 wrote:
    If you have any feedback, positive or negative I'd be glad to hear it. You can post here or message me privately.

Not enough water it was all gone by the time I was finishing. Apart from that it was great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Thanks for your feedback. This is something that will certainly need to be sorted for next year. Glad you had a good day apart from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

KJ wrote: »
    Great race, great support around the course and the samba band were great. I also got a PB so happy about that.

Only negative was I got last years t-shirt instead of the new long sleeve snazzy one. I'm guessing you guys ran out of them. (I know it's just a t-shirt but just saying)

I have an unopened large ( too small for me ) you are welcome to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

vasch_ro wrote: »
    I have an unopened large ( too small for me ) you are welcome to.

Thanks for the offer but large would be too big for me. Thanks again though.

Advertisement