Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling in Wales or Scotland

• 01-03-2016 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Which would you say is a better country to travel in? Obviously it's subjective, but I want I want to get away for a bit over the summer. I've never been to either, in fact the only place I've been to in Britain is London and Birmingham, neither of which I've really liked.

I'm drawn to Scotland on account of the landscape, history, trad scene and general affiliation between Ireland and Scotland. Though I feel Wales might have a lot to offer that I just don't know about.

I guess it boils down to what I'd be looking for. I'd only be gone for 10-14 days. I'd like to see some pretty landscapes, castles, general history and also have the craic and play trad music. Ideally I'd go to one of the bigger cities for a few days, then spend some time in the country or vice versa.

What say ye!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭afatbollix

I would pick Scotland myself it's amazing country.

The first time I went I took the train everywhere which was fine, Aberdeen and Edinburgh are expensive but Glasgow and Inverness are cheaper. Personally I love Inverness it reminds me of Galway. The Highlands are amazing such history, fantastic landscape and castles everywhere.

More recently I get the sleeper from London hire a car in Inverness and head into the highlands or go north of Inverness.

Advertisement