Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressing 9 on keyboard activates O and vice versa!

Options
  • 01-03-2016 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

It's a laptop keyboard and new - there doesn't appear to be anything wrong mechanically - is there any point breaking it down a little.....

It will probably be loads of hassle to send it back...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

euser1984 wrote: »
    It's a laptop keyboard and new - there doesn't appear to be anything wrong mechanically - is there any point breaking it down a little.....

Is this a keyboard with a numeric keypad or just the top row
    220px-Numpad.svg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

euser1984 wrote: »

If it's new just take it back and get a replacement. You'll likely void your warranty taking it apart. And if you can't fix it after removing the keyboard, you may not be able to send it back at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I don't know about windows but on the linux distro I use you can completely customise the format of the numpad (so it's even like a phone if you wish). Maybe try something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Quick fix is to download a program called sharpkeys. You can assign different letters to different keys. I recently had to use it when my "?" Key stopped working.

https://sharpkeys.codeplex.com

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Quick fix is to download a program called sharpkeys. You can assign different letters to different keys. I recently had to use it when my "?" Key stopped working.

https://sharpkeys.codeplex.com

It is a good solution, but for me I'd only use it if the machine was a bit older and not covered under warranty. If the OP can't fix it easily, it's time to send back imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement