Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance

• 01-03-2016 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭

hi All so my Car Insurances has gone from 350 ish up to 650 ish for no reason. This is every company I try. Full no claims for years, Full Licence for years. maybe its the car as its an 03... Anyone know of a company or broker i should try? Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Shop around. But its the going rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

You're not alone, read this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Try Aviva online
    6541 wrote: »
    hi All so my Car Insurances has gone from 350 ish up to 650 ish for no reason. This is every company I try. Full no claims for years, Full Licence for years. maybe its the car as its an 03... Anyone know of a company or broker i should try? Thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭Corvo

6541 wrote: »

Truth be told, that's probably the industry standard or thereabouts at the moment. Try a broker, especially one with a large personal lines book (Brittons I believe have one) and see if you can fare any better.

However I fear that you may pay around that figure regardless. The days of €300 - €400 car insurance are nearly dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kombinacka

hi, I recently got renewal with AXA. Last year 830E, third party, theft and fire. This year they are asking for 1356E, thats increase by 65%. I didnt have claim in last year. I have ford focus estate 1.8 petrol, year 09. Everywhere you read increase by 25%.... Im with them 8 years, always pay in full. No accident, no penalty, nothing. Last claim in 2014, damage from theft attempt, settled, 890E, not my fault, they kept my NCD on 75%...
    So I think they are just trying, somebody will pay somebody not....Not me..

• Advertisement
Advertisement