Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 29 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

Why so many axing Payet. ? Got 6 points last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I've changed my mind on bringing in a Man City player - rotation, form, and I don't want rid of Payet just yet. Instead Ward can finally go for a Southampton defender. My defenders have tough fixtures this weekend anyway so it should be a positive move and it's GW30-compliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Help Needed!!

Current team:

Cech-McCarthy
    Alder-Smith-VVD-Targett-Ivanovic
    Willian-Sanchez-Alli-Mahrez-Arnie
    Kane-Aguero-Vardy

Team is a mess. Had a nightmare week with 29 points total and my 2 transfers were a complete disaster.
    Brought in Ivanovic/Willian for Payet/Olsson.

1 FT and 4.2m itb.
    What do to with this? Wildcard maybe??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Lemlin wrote: »
    Any shouts for a Costa replacement? I have Kun and Vardy. Ideally I'd like someone who plays the blank and would have doubles.

Looking at fixtures, Afobe looks a decent shout with Newcastle away and Swansea home.

Although, I might just bank, play Costa and then get Harry back in for Villa in GW30.

Will Costa play at the weekend though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Anyone think Aguero will be rested?

Villa at home is surely a mental game to not have him for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Cech out of the NLD, time to get Kane in.

lougal88 wrote: »
    Help Needed!!

Current team:

Cech-McCarthy
    Kane-Aguero-Vardy

Team is a mess. Had a nightmare week with 29 points total and my 2 transfers were a complete disaster.

1 FT and 4.2m itb.

I wouldn't wildcard yet.

You have 10 outfield players for GW 30 so you could bring in a keeper for that weekend with a free transfer.

Then you can wildcard with double GW 34 in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Help Needed!!

Current team:

Cech-McCarthy
    Kane-Aguero-Vardy

1 FT and 4.2m itb.

You got one more week to hold on to your wildcard to prepare for the DGW, you can do this! I don't think your team is bad, and is in a great position for GW30.

I'd be tempted to get in one of Schmeichel, Boric or Elliot in goals who all have decent fixtures for the next two games. And, I hate to say it as an Arsenal fan, but I think you should play all three Spurs players (I probably am too). Willian should start on the weekend as well, his high work rate was probably the reason he was benched mid-week.

Schmeichel
    Ivanovic VVD Alder/Smith
    Willian Alli Mahrez Arnie
    Kane Aguero Vardy

I know starting Arnie is contradictive, but at least you have cover if Stoke do turn up and get a goal or two. Chelsea haven't kept a clean sheet in the last four games.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Any chance of hart been rotated or was it only for cup games?

• Advertisement

I wouldn't wildcard yet.

You have 10 outfield players for GW 30 so you could bring in a keeper for that weekend with a free transfer.

Then you can wildcard with double GW 34 in mind.

That 10 you counted includes Targett though right? He's only started 2 of the last 5 so wouldn't be confident he will feature. Might be aswell to ship Sanchez now.

I really need to get a keeper for this week though. Cech won't play and neither will McCarthy.

You got one more week to hold on to your wildcard to prepare for the DGW, you can do this! I don't think your team is bad, and is in a great position for GW30.

I'd be tempted to get in one of Schmeichel, Boric or Elliot in goals who all have decent fixtures for the next two games. And, I hate to say it as an Arsenal fan, but I think you should play all three Spurs players (I probably am too). Willian should start on the weekend as well, his high work rate was probably the reason he was benched mid-week.

Schmeichel
    Ivanovic VVD Alder/Smith
    Willian Alli Mahrez Arnie
    Kane Aguero Vardy

I know starting Arnie is contradictive, but at least you have cover if Stoke do turn up and get a goal or two. Chelsea haven't kept a clean sheet in the last four games.

Cheers man!!
    Maybe not as bad as I think. Just very stupid transfers made last week.

Yeah I guess that team isn't too bad. But although you aren't very confident in Arsenal, I wouldn't really fancy lining up with 3 Spurs players in that fixture. Toby has only kept me 2 clean sheets in 8 games which has been a huge let down.
    Also I was thinking on Sanchez -> Silva as Sanchez has been another huge failure (15 from 5). Would be a pure waste of 11m on my bench.

I like the idea of getting Schmeichel in as I wanted Leicester def cover. Not convinced on Boruc/Eliot yet as they haven't been keeping that many cleans.

What about Fabianski or even Hart?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ramsey out. Probably Siggy.

Less convinced on the merits of Payet to Spacecraft just now with that injury.

I want to keep up my momentum whatever I choose, I could bank one transfer too and arm myself for the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Butland--Hennessy

Huth--Bellerin--Toby--A.Smith--Fonte

Ozil--Payet--Mahrez--Anya--Alli

Kane--Vardy--Aguero

2FTs, £3.1m in the bank. My thinking is Anya->Siggy, uses up pretty much all my funds and leaves me with the string front 8 dilemma. Anything else I should be looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Poker Face

Any chance of hart been rotated or was it only for cup games?

Very little I would think, it was only for cup games. Ill be wildcarding in in 33 for 34 DGW and he will be one of my keepers for bench boost.

This week I think i will get Kompany in for Bellerin, esp with the news that Czech is now out for weekend and they probably blank the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Thinking Payet to Silva and one of Cedric/Williams/Fuchs/Daniels to Kompany.

Silva's form is awful though but don't see any better options from City.

Just have enough in the bank to do it. Wise or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Delaney > Kompany....I've so much in the bank, I don't even have to think of prices anymore!

It's a real shame Kolarov is not getting regular game time, Villa at home would have been a tasty fixture to get him in...and captain!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

keano25 wrote: »
    Why so many axing Payet. ? Got 6 points last night

Tough game away to Everton and then blank GW30

Thinking Siggy in for Payet and defender upgrade for 2nd FT

Who do people think the best City defender to get in is? Cant trust Kompany.
    Might get Hart in for Lloris either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Cheers man!!
    Maybe not as bad as I think. Just very stupid transfers made last week.

Yeah I guess that team isn't too bad. But although you aren't very confident in Arsenal, I wouldn't really fancy lining up with 3 Spurs players in that fixture. Toby has only kept me 2 clean sheets in 8 games which has been a huge let down.
    Also I was thinking on Sanchez -> Silva as Sanchez has been another huge failure (15 from 5). Would be a pure waste of 11m on my bench.

I like the idea of getting Schmeichel in as I wanted Leicester def cover. Not convinced on Boruc/Eliot yet as they haven't been keeping that many cleans.

What about Fabianski or even Hart?

Now that I look at it again, there's more options than I thought there were for goalkeepers! Yeah it's probably a pick between Hart, Schmeichel and Fabianski. I'm wary of Man City's dreadful games in the EPL ever since Guardiola was announced, but they surely have to do better against two of the bottom teams!

I'm thinking of getting in Silva myself, but he hasn't been playing well lately, especially in terms of fantasy football. There's not much other options out there, only Wijnaldum and Siggy spring to mind. However, if Arsenal do lose to Hull in the replay, Sanchez could be really handy for GW30 which is one of the reasons I'm keen on holding him for one more week. Getting in Silva for a (-4) and starting him ahead of Arnie probably will pay off however!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I want a City defender in for the next few games. Kompany seems the only nailed on choice, doesn't he? Or should I be extra cautious and go for Hart?

I have 2 FTs:

Nyom/Hennessey -> Kompany/Hart
    Payet -> 6.7m/6.8m midfielder

Any opinions? Looking to WC in GW33 and well behind in my leagues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Looking at kompany silva and siggy before gw30

I'll need too take a hit too get all 3 in tho.
    I'm going too take it this week by getting 2 In. Which two would Ye get this week? I also only have .1 too do all 3 moves which will be risky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Tough game away to Everton and then blank GW30

I've seen this written a few times on here now and I have to disagree. Everton full backs push way up the pitch so he'll have a lot of space to play in. It might be a tough game for West Ham to win as Everton score a lot of goals but they have the joint worst record in the league at home for goals conceded - 23 goals!

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I've seen this written a few times on here now and I have to disagree. Everton full backs push way up the pitch so he'll have a lot of space to play in. It might be a tough game for West Ham to win as Everton score a lot of goals but they have the joint worst record in the league at home for goals conceded - 23 goals!

You could well be right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Those who've mentioned Aguero being rested this week, what would he be rested for? Norwich away next week? The Champions League 2nd leg where Kiev need to score 3 goals to even have a chance? City will be all guns blazing to try revive their flailing title bid and my poor Villa are going to be annihilated. Villa don't put it up to the big teams at all, they roll over and take the beating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Dearg81 wrote: »

Good point, I had planned to do this with Everton's poor home form in mind and then ship him then following gw for Siggy but I currently have 3 West Ham players and 1 Everton which isn't ideal for gw30, so I'll prob be forced into getting rid of Payet for Siggy and then Lukaku to Aguero. Only keeping Kane because of Arsenal's defensive injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac84 wrote: »

I'm going too take it this week by getting 2 In. Which two would Ye get this week? I also only have .1 too do all 3 moves which will be risky

Any feedback on how too do this lads before I over think things and change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Siggy will definitley start, so should Kompany unless injured. Pellergini mentioned about his team being tired so can imagine him making changes, Silva may be dropped but so could any of their midfielders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Any feedback on how too do this lads before I over think things and change

For what it's worth I'm probably doing Ward/Payet to Kompany/Siggy for a hit this week and hoping to roll over transfer next GW. I've no city mid which is a bit scary but want to stick to post gw34 WC plan, Assuming no injuries and an Arsenal win in FA cup I'll then have 10 playing in GW30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

patmac wrote: »
    Costa likely to blank, Chelsea said he would only play one of the two games this week, having said that the way the top 4 are playing that might change.

I'm holding on until tomorrow's press conferences. Might go with Harold back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Any love for Ayew over Siggy? Guess Siggy beats him as he's on set pieces?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Would love to get in Siggy by my transfer has gotta be Costa to Aguero(C). Tempted by a -4 though haven't taken one in ages. Hart or Silva are other options :)

Lot of love for Siggy on the forum.

Would you guys transfer in Siggy or Silva this week?

I wanted a City mid for the Villa game as I see a rout. In 2 minds now though

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

I'm thinking of doing Payet to Siggy to set me up for GW30. I have 2FT and... No money issues! Can anyone see a different move theyd first?

Butland, McCarthy
    Toby, Fonte, Ward, Huth, Smith
    Payet, Mahrez, Alli, Ozil, Arnie
    Aguero, Kane, Vardy

Xaniaj wrote: »
    I'm thinking of doing Payet to Siggy to set me up for GW30. I have 2FT and... No money issues! Can anyone see a different move theyd first?

Butland, McCarthy
    Toby, Fonte, Ward, Huth, Smith
    Payet, Mahrez, Alli, Ozil, Arnie
    Aguero, Kane, Vardy

Looks like that will be a popular transfer. It will be one of mine.
    You are well set for GW30 so you could also bring in Hart for McCarthy or drop Ward/smith say for a Man City defender or if your planning on WC after DGW34 you could be "clever" and bring in Robles off Everton or Mignolet if you plan on say Kompany/Silva/Kun. I presume you'll roll the other transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Tempted to take a -4
    My first since gw 13
    I've been playing it WAY too safe and my lead was sleepy chipped away at and now I'm behind !
    Too safe on transfers especially captains
    Time for action

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

ElTel wrote: »
    Looks like that will be a popular transfer. It will be one of mine.
    You are well set for GW30 so you could also bring in Hart for McCarthy or drop Ward/smith say for a Man City defender or if your planning on WC after DGW34 you could be "clever" and bring in Robles off Everton or Mignolet if you plan on say Kompany/Silva/Kun. I presume you'll roll the other transfer.

Ya, I'll try and roll one and go from there. I've held onto the WC this long, I'll manage to hang on for another few weeks!

Ward will definitely be the other transfer out, Kompany might be the replacement alright but I'll hang on for another week for that I'd say!

I may act silly have too many players for gw 30
    Will be hard pick the team :D
    That's what had me leaning towards a city player as at least they will also have a double
    I've slipped to 2nd in money league so want a fresh set of eyes on this lot please
    1FT but cud take a hit even thought it's VERY tight at the top
    Would like to bank next week then
    Forster Elliot
    Alder Fuchs Williams wolly smith ( all 5 have a game next week!!!)
    Sanchez Willian Alli mahrez Arnie
    Kane Aguero vardy
    Wish I'd banked last week tbh instead if getting Arnie as I'd rather have Siggy :(
    Help :D

km79 wrote: »
    That's what had me leaning towards a city player as at least they will also have a double
    I've slipped to 2nd in money league so want a fresh set of eyes on this lot please
    Forster Elliot
    Kane Aguero vardy
    Wish I'd banked last week tbh instead if getting Arnie as I'd rather have Siggy :(

Will.I.An to Siggy :cool:

Will.I.An to Siggy :cool:

Stoke at home this week though ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

-8 taken
    Aguero triple captain

Stoke at home this week though ?

Stoke > Norwich

Forster Elliot
    Kane Aguero vardy

What would be your 2 "silly" transfers and your WC plan?
    Is it something like I suggested above?

spock. wrote: »
    -8 taken
    Aguero triple captain

I'll bite......Well?

What would be your 2 "silly" transfers and your WC plan?
    Is it something like I suggested above?

I've already wildcarded !
    Tempted to bring in 2 of Kompany silva and Siggy this week
    If it was Silva and Siggy then it would be for Sanchez and Arnie . I regret just not keeping Payet and the FT last week to be honest
    Don't mind selling Sanchez either but if Arsenal were to lose the cup he has a great fixture next week........I'm so confused now and that's before I even look at my defensive options this week ! Prob shud just leave that alone and play alder and save the -4 komsonybwoold cost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's Aguero in, but I can't decide yet if it's for Kane, Vardy or Costa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

SlickRic wrote: »

Well as an Arsenal fan, I would say keep Kane...the thought of us going to WHL with Ospina, Mertesacker and Gabriel is bringing me out in a cold sweat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

SlickRic wrote: »

Costa no doubt. Likely rested then blank. Not even up for debate imo :) Other two have gw 30 fixtures

I've the same front 3. I just don't know whether to make the transfer tonight to save 0.1. Is it really worth doing it now??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

keano_afc wrote: »
    Butland--Hennessy

Huth--Bellerin--Toby--A.Smith--Fonte

Ozil--Payet--Mahrez--Anya--Alli

Kane--Vardy--Aguero

2FTs, £3.1m in the bank. My thinking is Anya->Siggy, uses up pretty much all my funds and leaves me with the string front 8 dilemma. Anything else I should be looking at?

So now I'm thinking Payet and Anya for Firmino and Siggy. Firmino scoring well, no GW30 fixture but a DGW coming up. Make sense?

I've already wildcarded !
    Tempted to bring in 2 of Kompany silva and Siggy this week
    If it was Silva and Siggy then it would be for Sanchez and Arnie . I regret just not keeping Payet and the FT last week to be honest
    Don't mind selling Sanchez either but if Arsenal were to lose the cup he has a great fixture next week........I'm so confused now and that's before I even look at my defensive options this week ! Prob shud just leave that alone and play alder and save the -4 komsonybwoold cost

Save the transfer so.
    Can take a hit later on if needed.

Save the transfer so.
    Can take a hit later on if needed.

Would you make any transfer ?
    One of Siggy/Silva in for Sanchez / Arnie ?
    Willian has no game next week but a good one this week and I'll have to bench one mid next week anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement