Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 29 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

lougal88 wrote: »
    Pretty sure it'll be Speroni in.

Also I wouldn't fancy any Palace keeper getting much joy against a Liverpool team that beat City 3-0 midweek.

palace are a bit of a bogey team for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Fant11 wrote: »
    McCarthy might start tmr. Pardew said Hennessey is struggling. Might be a nice reprieve for Cech/McCarthy holders.

Poor Cech/Hennessey owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Might jus do McCarthy -> Fabianski and swallow any drops on Cech.

He should be back for GW32 so only really missing the 3 gameweeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I want to do Payet to Silva but form over fixtures is stopping me from doing it.

Silva has done nothing of note in ages.

Option A: Arnie to Silva and bank the other FT.

Option B: Payet to Silva and Forster to Hart.

Option C: Payet to Silva and Cedric to Kompany.

Help please! Leaning towards C.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Siggy and Silva (has a nice ring to it!) in for Sanchez and Arnie. Maybe an unnecessary -4, but f*ck it at this stage :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Just cant bring myself to get Silva in. No form at all. Yes its Villa but I would rather go with Sterling due to the cheaper price

EDIT: no goals or assists in his last 8 games. Scratch that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Arnautovic out, Sigurdsson in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Aenaes wrote: »
    Arnautovic out, Sigurdsson in.
    I'd love to do this transfer but I need Arnie for GW 30. Might hold out and do Payet out for Siggy after this GW. Everton away is not exactly a daunting fixture.

Have you 11 for GW 30?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Am pretty set on bringing in Kompany. Was going to bring him in for O'Shea, but now I'm considering dumping Bellerin. They are likely to miss GW30, his returns have been sparse, Cech is now missing and Arsenal are playing poor I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I want to do Payet to Silva but form over fixtures is stopping me from doing it.

Silva has done nothing of note in ages.

Option A: Arnie to Silva and bank the other FT.

Option B: Payet to Silva and Forster to Hart.

Option C: Payet to Silva and Cedric to Kompany.

Help please! Leaning towards C.

I'll be turning in my grave before i recommend anyone selling Ma Boy Cedric.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Officer999

Really need help on who to drop!

Mahrez (A), Vardy (A), Payet (A)

Thinking of dropping Mahrez......any advice? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

who to transfer in?

Leicester Defender & Silva

or

City Defender & Siggy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Officer999 wrote: »
    Really need help on who to drop!

Mahrez (A), Vardy (A), Payet (A)

Thinking of dropping Mahrez......any advice? Thanks!

Toss up between him and Vardy really, Watford aren't in great form but are still quite solid at the back. Don't really see many goals being scored in that game. I'd definitley start Payet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I really should have sorted my team before tonight. But finding it hard to care...

UTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Everybody talking Silva or Sterling and I'm thinking Yaya. Have I lost the plot? Pell said he is good to start.

Gonna do Cech to Schmeichel and Lukaku to Aguero for a -4. Slightly concerned Aguero could be rested though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

siblers wrote: »
    Gonna do Cech to Schmeichel and Lukaku to Aguero for a -4. Slightly concerned Aguero could be rested though

Lukaku might be worth keeping this week. He's scored in every game he's played against West Ham when he's been at Everton so will probably be good for at least a goal.

Lights On wrote: »
    Lukaku might be worth keeping this week. He's scored in every game he's played against West Ham when he's been at Everton so will probably be good for at least a goal.

I don't want to get rid of Kane as I fancy him to get something against Arsenal and they have Vila next week, also, I want Vardy for next week, so it's either keep Lukaku or get rid of him for Aguero. I'd also be left with 3 West Ham and 1 Everton for gw 30 which wouldn't be ideal.

Still can't decide who to bring in.

Siggy, Silva, Yaya or Sterling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Torricelli wrote: »
    I'd love to do this transfer but I need Arnie for GW 30. Might hold out and do Payet out for Siggy after this GW. Everton away is not exactly a daunting fixture.

Have you 11 for GW 30?

I wanted to do Payet to Sigurdsson and keep Arnautovic myself but the guy catching me in my private league has Payet and Sigurdsson so I was afraid of a Payet high score.

I have thirteeen for GW30 but two from Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

tranfer done leaving me a nice trio of differentials for my league in midfield
    banking next week hopefully to start getting the doublers in after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Arnie to Siggy plus Sanchez to Ozil to protect myself really. Should have never sold him.

who to transfer in?

Leicester Defender & Silva

or

City Defender & Siggy

City defender & Siggy by a street.

You should make it Kompany if you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Same here. I will probably get Siggy in and then debating a hit for Silva/Yaya.

Siggy or Yaya.

In fact - Siggy just shades it.

I am bringing in Yaya instead of Siggy but only because I have Paloschi.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think I'll do payet to yaya

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Targett and Payet out for Kompany and Siggy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ramsey -> Siggy before a brief flirt with Ayew

My 2nd FT will either be used on Payet to somebody or role it over.

Yaya to save my season? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ramsey -> Siggy before a brief flirt with Ayew

My 2nd FT will either be used on Payet to somebody or role it over.

Yaya to save my season? :)

jump aboard the yaya wagon, Mr P, you know you want to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Any news on Costa? Did Hiddink mention him today?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Replace Cech with Hart and have him for a DGW or Schmeichel and bank a few quid? I'm torn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Lemlin wrote:
    Any news on Costa? Did Hiddink mention him today?

He said he'll start but won't play 90,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

spock. wrote: »
    He said he'll start but won't play 90,

Cheers. I'll keep him and bank my transfer so.

I had a look at the City mids and even versus Villa I don't see any of them worth the gamble at the minute.

Zaph wrote: »
    Replace Cech with Hart and have him for a DGW or Schmeichel and bank a few quid? I'm torn.

Hart rising in price tonight.

Looks like most Cech owners have made Hart their replacement. So if City get 2 clean sheets in next 2 fixtures, which they should, you'll be losing ground without him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Zaph wrote: »
    Presuming you have no defenders from either team, I'd opt for Hart. You don't want to waste a transfer on a keeper down the line for City's DGW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hart rising in price tonight.

Looks like most Cech owners have made Hart their replacement. So if City get 2 clean sheets in next 2 fixtures, which they should, you'll be losing ground without him.
    Torricelli wrote: »
    Presuming you have no defenders from either team, I'd opt for Hart. You don't want to waste a transfer on a keeper down the line for City's DGW.

I have Sagna as well, but I think Hart is the way to go all right. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    I really should have sorted my team before tonight. But finding it hard to care...

UTH
    Thought you'd already done Barkley to Siggy. Having second thoughts?

--

Why is everyone so panicked about getting City defs/GKs with their DGW in mind? City aren't exactly keeping CS and their DGW will involve either Chelsea away or Arsenal at home coupled with Newcastle away. There'll be much better options (United, Arsenal if they don't troll us to the ultimate trolling level). Is it people with no WC left planning ahead and using their next 2 favourable fixtures?

Couple of questions for you guys now.

1. For GW30, better a City def away to Norwich or a Spurs def away to Villa? Have none at the moment.

2. This week, Sanchez or Payet out?
    Form would say Sanchez. But he did hit the post twice in his last game and who knows how far Arsenal will push their trolling level this year. If they don't blank GW30, they'll be home to WB.

3. a) Sanchez/Payet -> Siggy & Souaré -> Alder next GW
    b) Sanchez/Payet + Souaré -> Siggy + Kompany
    c) Sanchez + Payet -> Siggy + Yaya/Silva
    d) Sanchez + Payet + Souaré -> Siggy + Yaya/Silva + Kompany for -4
    current defense is Simpson VVD Cawson (with Wollscheid benched)

iroced wrote: »

--

Why is everyone so panicked about getting City defs/GKs with their DGW in mind? City aren't exactly keeping CS and their DGW will involve either Chelsea away or Arsenal at home coupled with Newcastle away. There'll be much better options (United, Arsenal if they don't troll us to the ultimate trolling level). Is it people with no WC left planning ahead and using their next 2 favourable fixtures?

1. For GW30, better a City def away to Norwich or a Spurs def away to Villa? Have none at the moment.

Form would say Sanchez. But he did hit the post twice in his last game and who knows how far Arsenal will push their trolling level this year. If they don't blank GW30, they'll be home to WB.

1. Norwich have more goalscorers in their team than Villa so a Spurs defender for that one.

2. I would say Payet out. Sanchez is getting close to a big return and if they lost against Hull, midweek, he'll be at home to WBA next GW.

3. Too confusing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Kompany in for Ward. Still debating getting Siggy for a hit but would mess with my plans. Can't trust Sterling/Silva over Payet or Sanchez 9 starters for GW30 atm

Worth a -4 to do Arnie -> Siggy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

--

Sanchez and Souare to Siggy and Kompany because, well, that's what I did! And then bench Cawson with Man United being so unpredictable at the moment (but I wouldn't be at all surprised if west Brom actually managed a CS).

It's a risk taking Sanchez out of the team, but it's unlikely he'll get any luck tomorrow. And Arsenal will definitely focus a lot on the FA Cup if they (God forbid and touch wood and all that)... I can't say it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Kompany in for Wollschied and Yaya in for Payet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Yaya and Silva in for Payet and Sanchez I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think I'll do payet to yaya

Done. One of those lucky pens for yaya after aguero has gone off with his hat trick would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

No but was leaving it late and then was too distracted. Had half planned on going on thw lash tonight but I'm too knackered and old so I'm just going home.

Courtois to Hart worth -4 given I'd be more than happy if it broke even this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Be some craic if Willy got a game or 2 in the league, after all Hart didn't cover himself in glory for pool's first goal on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Can do Anya->Yaya and Payet->Siggy. Liking this transfer a bit more. Maybe go AOA too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Genuinely don't know whether to do Arnie or Payet to Siggy for -4 or just leave it. I'm well set for gw30 and never really trusted Arnie as a fantasy asset so I think I'll do that bu I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger. Especially seeing so many favouring Sanchez or Payet out to get Siggy.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Genuinely don't know whether to do Arnie or Payet to Siggy for -4 or just leave it. I'm well set for gw30 and never really trusted Arnie as a fantasy asset so I think I'll do that bu I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger. Especially seeing so many favouring Sanchez or Payet out to get Siggy.

I'd keep Payet, Everton are poor at home and West Ham are flying at the moment. Don't think it's worth it for a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    No but was leaving it late and then was too distracted. Had half planned on going on thw lash tonight but I'm too knackered and old so I'm just going home.

Courtois to Hart worth -4 given I'd be more than happy if it broke even this week.
    No. I'm not a fan of -4 for keepers and Chelsea being home to Stoke...
    You can do it next week for free and play a good looking 3-4-3.

You still have your WC and most chips so you're still on for a strong finish. Forget about your current rank. You've seen what 2 good GWs can do in terms of jumping high up the rankings.

If FPL players stop trolling us we should be rewarded in GW30. And a well played WC should pay dividends too.

Looking at your team, you've a no brainer move to make in Barkley -> Siggy or Yaya/Silva (though City mids form is worse than dire).
    Then change your keeper next GW.

At least that's what I'd do. When I'm struggling, I try to keep it simple ;).

I have to say Yaya really tempts me but I've just checked his last 7 games return and jeez there's no word to say how bad it was :eek:!

• Advertisement
Advertisement