Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation primer for dry skin

Options
  • 01-03-2016 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations? Iv heard good things about the laura mercier one and flormar.. Anybody used these? Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Gal44 wrote: »
    Any recommendations? Iv heard good things about the laura mercier one and flormar.. Anybody used these? Cheers :)

I'd be interested to know too. Dermalogica have a new primer out which feels nice on my hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Make up forever primers are good, expensive mind but good.

I've two, the smoothing and mattifying ones. I love the mattifying one but a mistake I made in the past is using too much, you only need a teeny tiny amount otherwise foundation won't sit well over it.

They have a moisturising/nourishing/hydrating one too, never tried them so no idea what they are like but if they're anything like the ones I have, I recommend them.

https://www.makeupforever.ie/make-up/face/primer/step1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I only use primers for nights out etc, as I wear Image Prevention+ SPF 50 under my make up on a daily basis and I don't find that I need a primer with that.

I like the classic smashbox one or the lancome one - both i find work best if applied with a stippling brush and left to soak in for a few mins before applying foundation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Smashbox do a hydrating primer that I find really good on my super dry and sensitive skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

This isn't Supposed to be a primer but does the job of one while also being a serum
    http://www.olay.com/en-us/skin-care-products/regenerist-regenerating-serum

I use la Roche posay cicaplast when I feel I need a primer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Ok thanks for all your replies:)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

I know it's late, but I use the Laura Mercier hydrating primer and I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Just bought that this week excited to try it! :)

Advertisement