Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone remember these?

Options
  • 01-03-2016 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I have a memory of having crisps when I was a child, they were in a pringles-like tube and they were a bit like KP's Mini Chips but they were flat instead of chunky. I'm almost certain the hunky dorys logo was on the tube. Does anyone remember them or something similar? The ones I had were just salted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Ripples maybe? I know Tayto have Ripples but might have been KP in a tube, can't find any images of it right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dandyelevan

I remember when Tayto first began. All bags came unsalted, but each bag contained a little paper twist of salt to use, or not...
    Ahh...those were the good ole days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I think I remember them, possibly Aldi/Lidl sold them. Was there a ketchup flavoured one?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭seanpjs93

Kovu wrote: »
    I think I remember them, possibly Aldi/Lidl sold them. Was there a ketchup flavoured one?

This was back when lidl/aldi were rare enough. I remember them from dunnes stores. I don't remember any other flavours. I think I only had them once.

I remember when Tayto first began. All bags came unsalted, but each bag contained a little paper twist of salt to use, or not...
    Ahh...those were the good ole days.

Haven't they been around since the 50s?

• Advertisement

Ruu wrote: »
    Ripples maybe? I know Tayto have Ripples but might have been KP in a tube, can't find any images of it right now.

I doubt they were ripples. KP in a tube is a possibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dandyelevan

seanpjs93 wrote: »
    Haven't they been around since the 50s?

Yep.
    Me too.
    :D

Yep.
    Me too.
    :D

My mother told me when she moved here from London in the 80s all they had in the local shops were tayto cheese and onion and king cheese and onion. If that's what it was like in the 80s, it must have been a bad place to get some unhealthy snacks since the 50s.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Pretty sure that they were Hunky Dory, too.
    Spicy ketchup version available here
    http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=760
    but I remember them being just salted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Doldrums

Nibs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

were they more like just pieces of crisps?
    Sounds familiar alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Stixx or something like that I seem to recall...

Pretty sure that they were Hunky Dory, too.
    Spicy ketchup version available here
    http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=760
    but I remember them being just salted too.

THAT'S THEM! I was beginning to think that I just mixed memories up.

Advertisement