Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eniscrone Glamping village

Options
  • 01-03-2016 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭

David McGowan's venture where he's trying to bring a 737 from Shannon to Eniscrone to use as accommodation.

Radio Inverview

Facebook Link

This man is off his rocker in the best possible way. He's come up with the most insane thing to do in Eniscrone to try and bring in a bit of business and put the place on the map. I for one can't wait to see this happen and hope its a resounding success. It certainly a great talking point for the county.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

I live nearby and am really hoping that I get to see it coming onto the beach. Hope it goes well for him. The area needs more of this type of thing. It has such amazing natural beauty, just needs some more nice places to stay/eat and things to do to make it a complete package.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

littlejp wrote: »
    I live nearby and am really hoping that I get to see it coming onto the beach. Hope it goes well for him. The area needs more of this type of thing. It has such amazing natural beauty, just needs some more nice places to stay/eat and things to do to make it a complete package.

Exactly. He's doing something completely different too, which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

It's a wonder planners and Doo gooders have not yet objected!

crusier wrote: »
    It's a wonder planners and Doo gooders have not yet objected!

Joe Queenan probably sorted all that out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Heard him on Anton Savage yesterday - it's a 767 he's planning to bring to Enniscrone......

.....the very best of luck to him, I think it's genius!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Interesting. Near Diamond Coast Hotel too as a venue with a gourmet restaurant. I hang out in Enniscrone too, in another part of it occasionally enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

Wonder if he will get planning permission for it? Sometimes huge structures are erected in picturesque unspoilt locations (think that huge factory a stones throw from Hazlewood house, I forget the name of it ) with the best of intentions, but if plans do not work out do they become an abandoned decaying wreck? Hope it works out for him anyway.

maryishere wrote: »
    Wonder if he will get planning permission for it? Sometimes huge structures are erected in picturesque unspoilt locations (think that huge factory a stones throw from Hazlewood house, I forget the name of it ) with the best of intentions, but if plans do not work out do they become an abandoned decaying wreck? Hope it works out for him anyway.

There is major work going on on the site already in anticipation of the plane arriving so I'd imagine that that is all sorted out already. Or at least I'd hope so.

On a side note that factory at Hazelwood House is due to be redeveloped and turned into a whiskey distillery/visitor centre. It housed the Magnetism art exhibition last summer and is an amazing space. Would be great to see it put to use. But it is slightly baffling that permission was ever given to that factory in the first place given that it is literally a stones throw from a beautiful, historic Manor house.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Feed Up

littlejp wrote: »
    There is major work going on on the site already in anticipation of the plane arriving so I'd imagine that that is all sorted out already. Or at least I'd hope so.

On a side note that factory at Hazelwood House is due to be redeveloped and turned into a whiskey distillery/visitor centre. It housed the Magnetism art exhibition last summer and is an amazing space. Would be great to see it put to use. But it is slightly baffling that permission was ever given to that factory in the first place given that it is literally a stones throw from a beautiful, historic Manor house.

Snia was built in the early 1970s. They needed a fresh water supply and Sligo, like everywhere, else needed the jobs. Back in those days environmental protection was in its infancy.

Advertisement