Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment Stage 2 --- 2016/2017

• 01-03-2016 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Can we use this thread for stage 2, to stop confusion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭PMMG

Had the same idea myself. Congratulations everyone :) Another few months of worry and torture awaits us!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

PMMG wrote: »
    Had the same idea myself. Congratulations everyone :) Another few months of worry and torture awaits us!!!!

This is Wer it gets harder, we have to meet similar score to get verified or we could be knocked out.

I reckon we will get information this week for stage 2.

Got to stage 3 last tie which is the equivalent of stage 2 this time. Failed simulation test and it was my worst score this time. Anyone got any advice, tips, strategies they wish to share pleassseeeee

Got to stage 3 last tie which is the equivalent of stage 2 this time. Failed simulation test and it was my worst score this time. Anyone got any advice, tips, strategies they wish to share pleassseeeee

What was the simulation ?

• Advertisement

smiley963 wrote: »
    I reckon we will get information this week for stage 2.

Yeah I think the top say 500 will be sitting the exam very soon so will have the material in the coming days

What was the simulation ?

Job senarios

Job senarios

Were they tough

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kahmen

if youer 5000 on the list if thay dont get down to you do you aply in the next applchins or dos i cary over un till thay get down to you

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cdaly32

I ranked 2176 did very well in abstract and verbal reasoning but let down by assessment questionnaire, any idea when the next batch ie anyone after 1791 will get called ?
    Also is there anyway you can appeal your results?

• Advertisement

Were they tough

Same as stage one we just did but I don't seem to be able to get a good grasp of them! Maybe I use common sense to much and they want you to act as if everything is black and white !!!

cdaly32 wrote: »
    I ranked 2176 did very well in abstract and verbal reasoning but let down by assessment questionnaire, any idea when the next batch ie anyone after 1791 will get called ?
    Also is there anyway you can appeal your results?

Send them an email asking for appeal

Same as stage one we just did but I don't seem to be able to get a good grasp of them! Maybe I use common sense to much and they want you to act as if everything is black and white !!!

In fareness they are bit tough. Just want everything done.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭FletcherBelle

Ranked 2961 gutted :(
    Is there any hope for me???

Yes!!! You will still get the opportunity. Think of the amount of people that prob will not even consider going forward anymore. Life changes etc. You will b called soon I reckon. They take them stages in 600

What did your email say? I would say you have a very good chance of being called

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭df14

Thank god that wait is over! I'd say it could be the start of April by the time we get to stage 2 judging by how slow things go. They gave a few weeks notice in the last campaign.

Will be up there by the end of March at latest me thinks....

Will be up there by the end of March at latest me thinks....

Ah most definitely, should hear shortly they stated. According to timeline they gave stage 2 to commence end of March. I'll have to make a call ha ha ha ha

Hopefully it does, back to practice tests it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭PeteK*

What did your email say? I would say you have a very good chance of being called

So above what number do you think should 'give up'?
    A lot don't know if they'll be getting a chance for this campaign.
    I'd imagine no one knows, really?

PeteK* wrote: »
    So above what number do you think should 'give up'?
    A lot don't know if they'll be getting a chance for this campaign.
    I'd imagine no one knows, really?

Anyone that qualified will get the opportunity. Did they state people above the score would not get the chance. Otherwise they would not put people through.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

If your not in the top 2000-2500 I doubt you'll be getting called this year. Things should start to progress more quickly with each stage so people should be sitting the supervised tests within the month would be my guess

If your not in the top 2000-2500 I doubt you'll be getting called this year. Things should start to progress more quickly with each stage so people should be sitting the supervised tests within the month would be my guess

Yea deffo. It suppose to be this month better be.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

Waiting around seems to be harder than the actual tests....good practice for my patience for the career with all the waiting around

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭AiB123

Will the job simulation in stage 2 be similar to what we saw in the questionnaire does any one know? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭fearmhor18

My verbal/abstract scores were quite good but I under performed with the assessment! The questions in it seemed quite subjective, did anyone who scored well in it do any specific study? If job simulation is similar to it i wont be setting my expectation too high

AiB123 wrote: »
    Will the job simulation in stage 2 be similar to what we saw in the questionnaire does any one know? Cheers!

Was last time around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Send them an email asking for appeal

Why though? It's all electronically assessed, it's not as if it's one human considering candidates individual answers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

fearmhor18 wrote: »
    The questions in it seemed quite subjective, did anyone who scored well in it do any specific study?

I couldn't find anything to study for it. However, when answering the questions, I kept an open mind about the concept of "new policing" and answered the questions with a "Keep GSOC happy" lean to them.

discus wrote: »
    Why though? It's all electronically assessed, it's not as if it's one human considering candidates individual answers.

Not saying it will do any good but the candidate is entitled to it

fearmhor18 wrote: »
    My verbal/abstract scores were quite good but I under performed with the assessment! The questions in it seemed quite subjective, did anyone who scored well in it do any specific study? If job simulation is similar to it i wont be setting my expectation too high

I am in same boat. Failed it last time at stage 3 and it was my worst score this time. Don't know what I am doing wrong

I am in same boat. Failed it last time at stage 3 and it was my worst score this time. Don't know what I am doing wrong

I failed it at stage 3 too, this time I tried to think what I'd do myself logically before reading answers and then apply it to the best one, seems to have helped a bit as my score is better this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Would I be right in saying our stage 2 results dictate how we progress to the interview regardless of our stage 1 results. For example in stage 2, the candidate who placed 1900 in stage 1 outperforms the top candidate in stage 1.They will move on quicker than them because of their stage 2 results?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 TF1992

Just gonna aim to always be in the top 600 and hope that moves me through quick enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭fearmhor18

discus wrote: »
    I couldn't find anything to study for it. However, when answering the questions, I kept an open mind about the concept of "new policing" and answered the questions with a "Keep GSOC happy" lean to them.

great help thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭damienf1

Hiya placed 921 any tips on the Job Simulation Exercise and Report Writing Exercise? what is the format for these assessments

damienf1 wrote: »
    Hiya placed 921 any tips on the Job Simulation Exercise and Report Writing Exercise? what is the format for these assessments

Job simulation is the same as stage 1 senarios. Report writing is exactly what it says on the tin, you have to write a report based on what you hear in a video clip. It's difficult to practice for these aspects of the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 daithi72222

anybody have any questions as regards the process, any of the stages or just general queries ?

anybody have any questions as regards the process, any of the stages or just general queries ?

What the best way to approach simulation test???? I need help people!

• Advertisement

in situations where a garda is in trouble which is a common question that comes up always prioritise reacting then secondarily calling fro backup. In tense situations such as crowd control officer safety then calling fro backup. Generally once you get into a frame of mind these questions and simulations become very easy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

RedmondHR wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying our stage 2 results dictate how we progress to the interview regardless of our stage 1 results. For example in stage 2, the candidate who placed 1900 in stage 1 outperforms the top candidate in stage 1.They will move on quicker than them because of their stage 2 results?

Yes and then after interview you will get your final order of merit or oom as we call it as it is the last copetitive stage and this will decide how soon you do medical, physical and technically when u go to college but this seems to be pot luck depending on how slow or fast your vetting is.

in situations where a garda is in trouble which is a common question that comes up always prioritise reacting then secondarily calling fro backup. In tense situations such as crowd control officer safety then calling fro backup. Generally once you get into a frame of mind these questions and simulations become very easy

Give me more daithi!! Best advice I got so far here. What about in senarios were one of your colleagues do something wrong or in senario were you know someone well but have to arrest them or when your on surveillance and you observe a crime being committed..... oh jez the fear has set in :(

in interpersonal situations firstly address issue with colleague and try to help them yourself then talk to sergeant if issue persists. Surveillance and crime being committed example young lad breaking into a car. arrest him yourself and call for backup is usually one of the options because doing nothing is the worst thing you can do in any of those simulations . generally act first then backup is the protocol for most things.

in interpersonal situations firstly address issue with colleague and try to help them yourself then talk to sergeant if issue persists. Surveillance and crime being committed example young lad breaking into a car. arrest him yourself and call for backup is usually one of the options because doing nothing is the worst thing you can do in any of those simulations . generally act first then backup is the protocol for most things.

I would have thought blowing your cover would have been a bad thing in young lad and car senario????

This is great...anyone else like to contribute :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2 jaybyrne9

I'm placed 2942.
    I'd did quite well on both aptitude test sections. Did poor on personal assessment. Not surprised. Answered honestly. I do not follow orders without question,etc.

see it depends on the questions because they mention that you have time or they'll mention that you don't have time so you just call it in and ask for an unmarked. It really depends on the question. Worst thing you can do is nothing. Keep that in mind and always be adaptable and always be in favour of choosing the work at weekend option or work past your scheduled hours option . Don't get hung up on individual scenarios because they are very case specific and the wording is key .

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Theflycatcher

Hi all, quite embarrassed but I only got placed at 4000, should I assume that I'll not get a call to the stage 2 tests? I'm also 34y/o, so if I do will the time be against me? First time, enthusiastic applicant.

Hi all, quite embarrassed but I only got placed at 4000, should I assume that I'll not get a call to the stage 2 tests? I'm also 34y/o, so if I do will the time be against me? First time, enthusiastic applicant.

It will probably be next year before you get called, also I think the age limit only applies on the date you apply so you will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭i-ron

damienf1 wrote: »

That's strange. I placed 921 as well?

• Advertisement
Advertisement