Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment Stage 2 --- 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Formal or casual wear for tomorrow's stage 2. I think I'll stick with casual wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

eraj wrote: »
    Hi lads little nervous, as I booked for stage 2 for 25/26 th july but no confirmation message yet, anyone received so far

U won't receive anything until one week after the close date that is stated in public jobs email

Cedric87 wrote: »
    Formal or casual wear for tomorrow's stage 2. I think I'll stick with casual wear.

I'm going casual, chinos and Tshirt job. No need for anything fancy - only resist of tests

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

I'm going casual, chinos and Tshirt job. No need for anything fancy - only resist of tests

Go as casual as you like. For mine most were in tshirts and jeans, a few tracksuits and one guy in a suit. He stuck out like a sore thumb. It's all about comfort for this stage it's nothing to do with your appearence

So how did everyone sitting stage 2 today get on. I know I ****ed up on report writing, ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭FletcherBelle

I thought the report writhing was ok today where do you think you messed up?? I found the abstract reasoning difficult and I scored high in stage one so I'm worried about that :( does anyone know what percentage either way they let the results differ from stage one??

I thought the report writhing was ok today where do you think you messed up?? I found the abstract reasoning difficult and I scored high in stage one so I'm worried about that :( does anyone know what percentage either way they let the results differ from stage one??

• Advertisement

I was going well then added stuff that wasn't relevant In and had to scribble out a paragraph so it was very messy. Were you in at 14.30 ?

Cedric87 wrote: »

I was going well then added stuff that wasn't relevant In and had to scribble out a paragraph so it was very messy. Were you in at 14.30 ?

I'm sure you'll be fine they allow for the situation you are in I was in the earlier one

I'm sure you'll be fine they allow for the situation you are in I was in the earlier one

Hopefully, best of luck to you.

Found this stage relatively easy to be honest. Practice made perfect when it came to abstract and verbal. The report and job sim was straight forward. Time to plan ahead to stage 3 and not wait around until **** hits the fan to get prepared. Again practice makes perfect with the interview , relevant information and selling points to come accross as top candidate. Competition is stiff from here to make last few intakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eraj

Morning guys, please reply if anyone have info, I m sitting stage 2 on 25/26th july, didnt received confirmation message yet, very nervous.

anyone received info so far.

Morning guys, please reply if anyone have info, I m sitting stage 2 on 25/26th july, didnt received confirmation message yet, very nervous.

Don't worry they leave it a while before they send the emails out
    If you want to make sure just ring the public appointments service Monday and ask have they sent the emails out yet they are very helpful.

When can we expect results for this stage? Is everyone working on interview phase now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Hi all

What number ranking are we at now ? :)

I'm in the 5,000s myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

I was thinking the same myself, thought they were sending out confirmations by the 4th July?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Longstand14

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Hi all

What number ranking are we at now ? :)

I'm in the 5,000s myself

Anyone know how many people got through to stage 2?

They must be nearly finished conducting the supervised tests at stage 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

got my message this morning at stage 2 now

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Shazzy1993

Hey guys :) just wondering, got invited to stage 2! Regarding to the educational needs, I got a b2 in foundation maths🙈, which is a pass and also done French once a week for "LCVP" In 5th and 6th year in secondary school, will I just keep going and hope for the best or am I wasting my time? Any help will be greatly be appericated 👌ðŸ½

Shazzy1993 wrote: »
    Hey guys :) just wondering, got invited to stage 2! Regarding to the educational needs, I got a b2 in foundation maths🙈, which is a pass and also done French once a week for "LCVP" In 5th and 6th year in secondary school, will I just keep going and hope for the best or am I wasting my time? Any help will be greatly be appericated 👌ðŸ½

The best thing to do would be to contact PAS and they can tell you if you meet the requirements. It may mean that you'll have to do extra tests or maybe a coarse but they will be able to point you in the right direction or tell you if your ineligible. Best of luck

The best thing to do would be to contact PAS and they can tell you if you meet the requirements. It may mean that you'll have to do extra tests or maybe a coarse but they will be able to point you in the right direction or tell you if your ineligible. Best of luck

Thanks, going to be so mad and upset if this little thing is going to stop me doing my dream job! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

Hi All,

I got my confirmation for Stage 2 yesterday,booked in today for August 4th,has anybody who completed stage 2 already got any tips for the report writing?

What was your scenario?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Sparky_7 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I got my confirmation for Stage 2 yesterday,booked in today for August 4th,has anybody who completed stage 2 already got any tips for the report writing?

What was your scenario?

I dunno how much information we can give out but the report writing is fairly straightforward but the scenario will change every time.
    Take shorthand notes while they're talking and write a more coherent report after. Don't worry about missing out some pieces of information, you don't need to get everything. I missed out on one of the phone numbers and still got through in the first round of stage 2.
    Also make sure you only write down the facts and not any opinions or thoughts you have on the scenario.

Guys orientation round is not one to one , is it with big group or its more like interview type.(In stage 2)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I know they said end of July for results but nerves just randomly set in today :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

''Job simulation questionnaire"

Hi guys. As some of you may know I failed the job simulation questionnaire at the assessment centre. Like many others I was devastated, but I'm still determined in my quest to become a member of AGS.

My question is in relation to any preparation material or resources that are available, either free online or through a preparation course? Do the preparation courses thoroughly cover the topic of the job simulation questionaire?

I realise that the replies to this message may be in breach of the forum charter and thus ask you to direct your responses to my inbox. :)

Thank you!

• Advertisement

What happens if your abstract and verbal scores shoot up as opposed to lowering. Would they still think it's suspicious?

Surely you're only going to improve your scores the more you do the tests.

Hey guys, quick question, how long is the orientation go on for in stage 2? Mines at half 11 and have to be back in Mayo for work at half 4 :-/ thanks

Hey guys, quick question, how long is the orientation go on for in stage 2? Mines at half 11 and have to be back in Mayo for work at half 4 :-/ thanks

Orientation lasts for about 40 mins. Depends on how many people ask questions and how chatty the Sergeants are feeling I guess

please tell me its with big group -orientation presentation ?
    also what kind of clothes have to be worn for stage 2?
    I have small tattoo at my ankle , is tattoo allowed or hiding is best?

please tell me its with big group -orientation presentation ?
    also what kind of clothes have to be worn for stage 2?
    I have small tattoo at my ankle , is tattoo allowed or hiding is best?

Big group presentation. Wear comfortable clothes. DO NOT WEAR A SUIT. Jeans and a tshirt. Keep yourself tidy but its not an interview so no one is judging you by your clothes. Tattoos are fine once they have the option to be covered by the uniform if your successful. Eg once its nit on ur face neck or hands ur fine

Results Friday hopefully?

• Advertisement

Or today. Results are out lads. Passed thank God "D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

Soby wrote: »
    Or today. Results are out lads. Passed thank God "D

Good stuff Soby! See you in the next round :) onwards and upwards from here ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Had stage 2 today. Wasnt actually that bad minus the info in the report writing. Never met a garda who could remember all that detail accurately.

From the orientation chat after the test. It seemed like they are going to hire a fair few.

The Sargeant was talking about the volume of new recruits going into templemore rising and new bunks getting installed. The HEO/Civie came across as if they were crying out for new recruits and that if you passed everything you could get in before December.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 WolfWhisper

Hey Everyone,

I'm due to sit stage 2 tomorrow just wondering does anyone have any idea when stage 3 will commence for me IF I pass? I'm booking a holiday in the next few weeks and just want to know in/around what month to avoid? Any help much appreciated! Thanks & Good luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

Hey Everyone,

I'm due to sit stage 2 tomorrow just wondering does anyone have any idea when stage 3 will commence for me IF I pass? I'm booking a holiday in the next few weeks and just want to know in/around what month to avoid? Any help much appreciated! Thanks & Good luck to all

I took the exams in the first week of July, got the results back today (26/6) and the interviews for my group is to take place sometime in September. Cannot say for certain when you'll be called for an interview, but that might give you a rough guideline as to when you could be called. Based on my experience, I'd say sometime in October possibly? Best of luck tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭LikeTheseOdds

Got results today after sitting Stage 2 early July. Absolutely gutted that I failed Job Simulation questions after doing so well in stage 1 job simulation questions. Passed everything else, is there options up to appeal? Kind of a last grasp at straws considering it was online system but in a state of disbelief to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Got results today after sitting Stage 2 early July. Absolutely gutted that I failed Job Simulation questions after doing so well in stage 1 job simulation questions. Passed everything else, is there options up to appeal? Kind of a last grasp at straws considering it was online system but in a state of disbelief to be honest.

I feel your pain. No harm in trying but I have not heard of anyone being successful in obtaining a retest for this campaign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭air assault

Got my results today. Onwards to stage 3. Interview in September form what the email says. Pity they don't give a date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Absolutely gutted that I failed Job Simulation questions after doing so well in stage 1 job simulation questions. Passed everything else, is there options up to appeal?
    What's the pass mark for the Job Sim & Report Writing?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

"A print out or copy of your invitation to attend the Assessment Centre"

What did people bring for that?
    A physical paper copy or a screenshot on your phone?

I had a print out. They didn't even look for it for my group anyway.
    Just make sure you have photo id passport/drivers license and your passport photo. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 andrewkiely

Have stage 2 on Friday. Nervous!

Hey, just wondering are the test reasonably as easy as stage one? Thanks, can't find any good ways to study for them :-/

Hey, just wondering are the test reasonably as easy as stage one? Thanks, can't find any good ways to study for them :-/

I thought the tests were the very same as stage one. If you found them easy you will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

For those that this stage 2 this week, were any of you told that the results would be out in the next 10 days?
    The Garda at the orientation said this while the public appointments lady said it would be end of August at the earliest...

• Advertisement
Advertisement