Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment Stage 2 --- 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eraj

hoping result to be in 3rd week of August for writing stage 2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Shazzy1993

Any ideas of where to park at the PAS place in Dublin? My test is a half 8 in the morning :-/ so afraid il miss it cause of traffic and parking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Shazzy1993 wrote: »
    Any ideas of where to park at the PAS place in Dublin? My test is a half 8 in the morning :-/ so afraid il miss it cause of traffic and parking

Jervis shopping centre car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

Or if its handier, maybe get the luas in? Drops you at the door, no need to worry about parking or traffic. Theres load of work going on in town this weekend. I'd look it up just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

Have my stage 2 tomorrow lads,any tips on practising? Should I go over the samples they gave in stage 1 for the aptitude tests?

Been going through report writing on youtube to try get an understanding!

I did test on 27th July, When should we expect results to be out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

eraj wrote: »
    I did test on 27th July, When should we expect results to be out.
    The PAC Lady said early September, whereas the Sergeant at the orientation said in the next 10 days for those that did it last week...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kinkylukinbitch

I Got Invited to stage 2 but the deadline to ring for an appointment was tuesday the 2nd before 5pm. I only saw my email last night if i rang would they accomadate me or have i lost my application now?! someone please help asap

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

All you can do is call and see what they say. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Hally21

Hello everyone, just wondering can anyone help me out or point me in the direction of help with the layout of the report writing section excluding the online courses or the training course? Thanks!

Hally21 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, just wondering can anyone help me out or point me in the direction of help with the layout of the report writing section excluding the online courses or the training course? Thanks!

This is what I used. There is only one clip on youtube so do it under exam conditions. Also if you search back through pre 2009 post on Garda recruitment you'll find some very useful information. But honestly have a read of this and it'll give you a good idea of what you need to do. Plus there's an example of good/poor report writing. Skip down to the Phase II: Writing Sample.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.columbus.gov/police-recruitment/2015-Police-Officer-Study-Guide/&ved=0ahUKEwiA_bmoq6_OAhVDD8AKHWmzDwMQFggdMAA&usg=AFQjCNEYNgUg7pcjCtDsJZxtdC7V3aDdSQ&sig2=iT7cRN1bNvrG2rcy-Zayug

Hally21 wrote: »
    So the report I read through on that example you gave me is pretty much what they look for in the exam? Thanks for helping by the way!

No worries. Did you watch the video on youtube? Try doing it in real time. Oh and take the americanisms out. I found the tips they give in the study guide pretty useful, too.

The stage 2 familiarisation material tells you what PAS/HRM are looking for. Just practice with the Columbus Ohio stuff and adapt it for over here. That's what I did anyhow and I passed. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cars4life

I was suppose to have my stage 2 assessment tomorrow. i booked it in july over the phone and got a date and time, i never got a confirmation email so called public jobs and they have no recollection of me booking my assessment. Has this happened to anyone else here

• Registered Users Posts: 13 WolfWhisper

Hey again everyone,

Just an update for anyone who took the in house exam on the 27th - They are hoping to have results given to us next week. At least I can now relax been checking emails/boards/PAS non stop as I'm sure some of you have too.

Hey again everyone,

Just an update for anyone who took the in house exam on the 27th - They are hoping to have results given to us next week. At least I can now relax been checking emails/boards/PAS non stop as I'm sure some of you have too.
    Who said this? Will the people who did it on the 25th get it earlier?

• Advertisement

ganthy wrote: »
    Who said this? Will the people who did it on the 25th get it earlier?

I'm just off the phone to PAS and told them the date i took mine - he said next week, that's all I know.

I'm just off the phone to PAS and told them the date i took mine - he said next week, that's all I know.
    I think it will come at the end of this week. They usually give a later date just to stop everyone ringing them..

• Registered Users Posts: 43 PoorAuldDivil

Hello folks, just popped in to see if anyone could help me with a quick question. My Stage 2 tests are starting at half 2 on Thursday, around what time could I expect to be finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

Hello folks, just popped in to see if anyone could help me with a quick question. My Stage 2 tests are starting at half 2 on Thursday, around what time could I expect to be finished?

Depends on if you have an induction talk before or after. The talk takes about 40mins to an hour and the tests take about an hour and a half. Set aside 3 hours for all of it just to include people registering and late people. Eg if you have your test after the talk you should be out by 4/4.30. If the talk is before you should be done by 3/3.30

Depends on if you have an induction talk before or after. The talk takes about 40mins to an hour and the tests take about an hour and a half. Set aside 3 hours for all of it just to include people registering and late people. Eg if you have your test after the talk you should be out by 4/4.30. If the talk is before you should be done by 3/3.30

Thanks bud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Did stage 2 myself this morning. Started at 11:30. Out the door at 14:50.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 JN94

Does anyone know if passport/driver licence is the only form of photo ID accepted or would an age card or student leap card be ok ???

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

JN94 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if passport/driver licence is the only form of photo ID accepted or would an age card or student leap card be ok ???

I think Garda issued IDs are ok. I wouldn't chance the student card cos try aren't Garda issued. When I was there it was licence and passport. You could chance the Garda age card.

I don't see why they would have an issue with Garda age card. It has your DOB,Full name and a picture.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Longstand14

Expect a new recruitment campaign to start in the next few months. Stage 2 testing is finished on Friday.

Did that include the orientation speech?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

Did that include the orientation speech?

Yup - orientation was approx 35 mins. No break between testing and orientation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kilrodane boy

Hi guys any idea what's the marking like for the report writing in phase 2

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Hally21

They're pretty Leniant, if it's not too bad they'll pass you, they don't particularly want to fail you

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

It's under a few headings. If I recall they are: content, structure of report, grammar and spelling!

Remember don't panic if you miss a few key details! They are interested in your observation skills but also in how you conduct the report itself for example neatness and legibility!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Two intakes left this year September and November

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Two intakes left this year September and November

Yeah but I feel those of us waiting to do interviews won't have a hope in making them dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Yeah but I feel those of us waiting to do interviews won't have a hope in making them dates.

I agree there with you, with getting the vetting done too next year I'd say !!

Good luck

Is it this week when we get the results? .. I make it out to be three weeks now and PAS said it'd be this week.

How long does it usually take to receive your results from stage 2 ???

Any point in appealing if u failed under 10 marks on a section?

Gutted

how I can appeal my result.

got very good in job simulation and report writing but not qualified for verbal and abstract , how i can appeal my result .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Wouldnt be so sure about November. During the induction. They made them seem like their really desperate and are trying to funnel people through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Theflycatcher

Got my stage 2 results just there now, passed, thank God. on to stage 3 interview in early September.......best of luck to everybody else.

In the email it says;

The Interview Form must be titled CandidateID_Firstname_Surname, (e.g.
    012345678_Joe_Bloggs).

Where do we put this exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

In the email it says;

The Interview Form must be titled CandidateID_Firstname_Surname, (e.g.
    012345678_Joe_Bloggs).

Where do we put this exactly?

In the 'subject' part when you send it by email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Could some1 upload the interview form here. Seems to be something wrong with it in my mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Could some1 upload the interview form here. Seems to be something wrong with it in my mail.

It wouldn't work for me when trying to open on google chrome, safari, internet explorer.
    If I remember correctly I opened it on Mozilla firefox no problem.
    Try that

D Trent wrote: »
    In the 'subject' part when you send it by email.
    But it says to type "interview form" in the subject...Or do we put both in the subject?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Malarkey101

But it says to type "interview form" in the subject...Or do we put both in the subject?

Its what you name the interview form when you save it. So when you attach the file it has your name and canditate id.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Shazzy1993

Got my stage 2 results just there now, passed, thank God. on to stage 3 interview in early September.......best of luck to everybody else.

Hey, just wondering what date you done your test? Done mine August 4th? Assume you done yours before me?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Theflycatcher

Did mine on the 26th of August

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

Did mine on the 26th of August

Time travelling would be a really useful skill in AGS make sure to mention it in interview

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

Time travelling would be a really useful skill in AGS make sure to mention it in interview

Hahahahahahahahha

• Advertisement
Advertisement