Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment Stage 2 --- 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seanryan58

Hi all,

Applied for the most recent campaign and just completed stage 1, got through it no problem and invited to stage 2. Is the where I can post and discuss upcoming supervised tests and results or is there a specific thread for this new campaign. Just so I know how people got on, when they get their results etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Nikkipapa

just wondering has everyone received their confirmation message regarding stage 2, I rang last Friday and agreed to attend this Tuesday but still heard nothing. is everyone in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 floggmolly

Nikkipapa wrote: »
    just wondering has everyone received their confirmation message regarding stage 2, I rang last Friday and agreed to attend this Tuesday but still heard nothing. is everyone in the same boat?

I recieved my confirmation yesturday!

hope ya don't mind me asking you, but what day are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Raj08

I haven't received anything yet and I'm scheduled for Monday 7th at 8.30 so gonna call them tomorrow!

• Advertisement

might do the same myself Rajo8

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ericoc44

What do they do at stage two ? Is it like a drug test and all that kind of stuff

hope ya don't mind me asking you, but what day are you on?

Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Clodagh2016

I rang yesterday and got sent my confirmation today! Maybe juse give them a call. Im up on Tuesday too

Anyone else still waiting for confirmation? I'm scheduled for Monday morning at 8.30 but still no confirmation letter and just realised the line to call is closed for the weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Ericoc44 wrote: »
    What do they do at stage two ? Is it like a drug test and all that kind of stuff

Did you succeed in stage 1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Mark37

Folks, didn't get any confirmation email about Stage 2 on Monday, anyone else waiting? On Monday do you just wear jeans/shirt? its nothing formal is it?

Mark37 wrote: »
    Folks, didn't get any confirmation email about Stage 2 on Monday, anyone else waiting? On Monday do you just wear jeans/shirt? its nothing formal is it?

I didnt either, had mine this morning and they hadn't got my name on the list so they just took my ID again and advised they had issues sending out all the emails. It's informal so jeans and shirt are fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Mark37

Raj08 do you think I should ring or just wait for a few days an see? I was told on the telephone that it will last 3 hours, but a big part of it is watching a presentation by the Guards about the Organisation.

Mark37 wrote: »
    Raj08 do you think I should ring or just wait for a few days an see? I was told on the telephone that it will last 3 hours, but a big part of it is watching a presentation by the Guards about the Organisation.

I tried to ring and couldn't get through but I'd call today as no harm in double checking . It's closer to 4 hours than 3 too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MarcSG

Can anyone tell me what has come up in their stage 2? I wonder does everyone receive the same test?

1. Is the verbal and abstract the exact same test as we done at home online for stage 1?
    2. What came up for report writing? - Car crash etc, robbery etc?
    3. Job Simulation - Similar to stage 1?

Has anyone done courses to help them?

Regards,
    Marc

MarcSG wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what has come up in their stage 2? I wonder does everyone receive the same test?

1. Is the verbal and abstract the exact same test as we done at home online for stage 1?
    2. What came up for report writing? - Car crash etc, robbery etc?
    3. Job Simulation - Similar to stage 1?

Has anyone done courses to help them?

Regards,
    Marc

everyone doesn't receive the exact same test.

1. verbal and abstract will be of the same format but not necessarily the exact same test.
    2. Report writing scenarios are protected by a confidentiality agreement.
    3. Job sim is similar to stage 1, the same format but not necessarily the same questions.

I also have a friend that placed 1400 and he isn't getting called till the new year for stage 2
    Another has placed 1800 and is getting called for week 14th - 18th November.
    And another friend has booked in for his stage 2 on the Wednesday 9th November but received an email on Monday 7th November that they have over booked on that date and have rescheduled him to Saturday 12th November.

How does this system work?

Regards,
    Marc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

MarcSG wrote: »
    I also have a friend that placed 1400 and he isn't getting called till the new year for stage 2
    Another has placed 1800 and is getting called for week 14th - 18th November.
    And another friend has booked in for his stage 2 on the Wednesday 9th November but received an email on Monday 7th November that they have over booked on that date and have rescheduled him to Saturday 12th November.

How does this system work?

Regards,
    Marc

No tests take place on the weekend?
    I was told before mine was a saturday instead of a Friday,
    Rang up and was told someone made a mistake as the PAS is only open Monday to Friday.

Friend did his on Saturday 12/11/2016 so that's incorrect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Lads this is a wild shot but my brother has his stage 2 test tomorrow morning in Chapter House and he just realised they never sent him the test familiarisation material, nor a list of items to bring along with him.

Can any of you kind folk tell me what he needs to bring?

fartyarse wrote:
    Lads this is a wild shot but my brother has his stage 2 test tomorrow morning in Chapter House and he just realised they never sent him the test familiarisation material, nor a list of items to bring along with him.

fartyarse wrote:
    Can any of you kind folk tell me what he needs to bring?

Tell him to log into his public jobs account and check his messages tab.

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Tell him to log into his public jobs account and check his messages tab.

He gave me his login details, they definitely didn't send it. He has a message saying "Ring this phone number to book your slot for stage 2 test." Then "Thank you for booking your slot, your details are below. Please see previous email for familiarisation material along with list of items to bring".

I've attached screenshots. No attachments.

Look at The message with the results of stage 1

Look at The message with the results of stage 1

OH MY GOD. Thank you. *runs away and hides*

• Registered Users Posts: 23 paul88

****************HELP**********************
    So i was due to have my stage 2 assessment today at 8.30 had car trouble and missed it iv tried calling them but no answer and i cant find any other numbers to call.
    (id say because they don't open until 9.30)
    Does this mean i am withdrawn from the process or will they fit me in at a different time slot?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Madgek85

paul88 wrote: »
    So i was due to have my stage 2 assessment today at 8.30 had car trouble and missed it iv tried calling them but no answer and i cant find any other numbers to call.
    Does this mean i am withdrawn from the process or will they fit me in at a different time slot?

If you can get in they might fit u in next slot. Don't not show up otherwise you could be out of campaign. Best of luck

Madgek85 wrote: »

If you can get in they might fit u in next slot. Don't not show up otherwise you could be out of campaign. Best of luck

• Advertisement

Madgek85 wrote: »

Ye il head into them as can't get in touch with any of the numbers cheers

Anyone know how long the Stage 2 testing takes?

fartyarse wrote: »
    Anyone know how long the Stage 2 testing takes?

The tests themselves last approximately 2 hours, then there's an hour break and then there's a 30 minute presentation

The tests themselves last approximately 2 hours, then there's an hour break and then there's a 30 minute presentation
    That's not necessarily true, I had my orientation first and then straight into my tests, no break!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭wlynch1984

im the same no break neither, on the bus home now😴

wlynch1984 wrote: »
    im the same no break neither, on the bus home now😴

How did you find it?

• Advertisement

floggmolly wrote: »
    How did you find it?

Well I definitely got a higher score in the discover rules, and I answered more questions this time in the verbal reasoning. So I hope my results won't conflict with my stage 1 results. Job sim and report writing were ok I taught. How did you find them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Resus_Medic

On tomorrow at 11:15

Will garda agecard do as a form of ID?

Cheers RM

wlynch1984 wrote: »
    Well I definitely got a higher score in the discover rules, and I answered more questions this time in the verbal reasoning. So I hope my results won't conflict with my stage 1 results. Job sim and report writing were ok I taught. How did you find them?
    I found the report writing and job sim both fairly good, verbal reasoning I feel I done abit better than stage 1(which was a fairly good score) , but the discovering rules where I got full marks in stage 1 I only got 17 answered in stage 2. I do feel I got them all right though, so fingers crossed!

I find job simulation questions strange in that most of my responses were positive very few negatives.
    Report writing was ok expect I forgot the name of one witness but got every other detail said

leestone wrote: »
    I find job simulation questions strange in that most of my responses were positive very few negatives.
    Report writing was ok expect I forgot the name of one witness but got every other detail said

Not sure if we all get same job sim or not but there was defo alot of negatives in mine!

• Advertisement

Not sure if we all get same job sim or not but there was defo alot of negatives in mine!

Well was there a question about a noise complaint in yours near the end of the questions?

Well was there a question about a noise complaint in yours near the end of the questions?

Yeah, from a neighbour?

Anyone know roughly what percentage of people fail stage 2? Or what the failure rate for the report writing and job simulation is??

Yeah, from a neighbour?

Yep that was it

Does anybody know if the Qualifying scores are the same for Stage 2 as Stage 1?

floggmolly wrote:
    Does anybody know if the Qualifying scores are the same for Stage 2 as Stage 1?

Qualifying scores mean nothing in stage 2. In stage 2 you must "verify" your score from stage 1 meaning you must score a similar score to that you scored in stage 1

Anyone know when the results will be out?

Mid December they tolt me.

leestone wrote:

During the orientation for those who did it last week we were informed end of November.

For those doing it this week it'll probably be different.

When are the Stage 2 tests finished?

• Advertisement
Advertisement