Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment Stage 2 --- 2016/2017

1262728293032»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dublingarda

Just in from today's test. PAS rep saI'd mid December to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 copreed

I completed stage 2 this week was in mid 1000's but think my score improved from stage 1. will my oom improve or is it just a case of passing the requirements ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

copreed wrote: »
    I completed stage 2 this week was in mid 1000's but think my score improved from stage 1. will my oom improve or is it just a case of passing the requirements ?

you need to pass everything.
    I scored very high last time in stage two in three tests but was 12 marks short in one test and thus failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 RussellHobbs

Hi all,

I'm doing Stage 2 shortly and just wondering if anyone has any tips etc on how to write the Report?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭wlynch1984

Hi all,

I'm doing Stage 2 shortly and just wondering if anyone has any tips etc on how to write the Report?

Cheers!
    Just write everything down as fast as you hear it! And good handwriting and grammar

leestone wrote: »
    you need to pass everything.
    I scored very high last time in stage two in three tests but was 12 marks short in one test and thus failed.

Can you remember what test you failed?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 RussellHobbs

Thanks wlynch1984,

How about the structure of the report. I read it should be something like this:

Paragraph 1 - How I arrived / Who did I arrive with / Where / What was the scene?
    Paragraph 2 - Witness 1 details
    Paragraph 3 - Witness 2 details
    Paragraph 4 - Witness 3 details
    Paragraph 5 - If a Garda is present give Garda account.
    Paragraph 6 - This concludes my report.

Are there any examples online of reports? Had a look but couldn't find any.

wlynch1984 wrote: »
    Can you remember what test you failed?

job simulation

leestone wrote: »
    job simulation

Did you find the tests were 'easy' compared to the last two campaigns???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eraj

hi lads i m in 2800 ,s , any idea will it be jan or feb ,planning holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jimmibar

Hey guys I recently completed statge 2 and I was just wondering about the report writing I messed up a part of a woman's second name and some of her phone number .! But my structure layout and grammar were good would this impact much on me passing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jimmibar

Hey guys I recently completed statge 2 and I was just wondering about the report writing I messed up a part of a woman's second name and some of her phone number .! But my structure layout and grammar were good would this impact much on me passing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Jimmibar wrote:

Jimmibar wrote:

If that's all you'll be sound.

wlynch1984 wrote: »
    Did you find the tests were 'easy' compared to the last two campaigns???

Same really

The wait for results is killing me! Hopefully those of us from the first week will hear something before next weekend :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 timmym628

Hi all,
    I'm doing stage 2 on Monday and i cant open the Familiarisation Material. Can somebody please tell me what i have to bring with me and if i have to be there earlier than the time specified?

timmym628 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm doing stage 2 on Monday and i cant open the Familiarisation Material. Can somebody please tell me what i have to bring with me and if i have to be there earlier than the time specified?

Ring publicjobs they will send you all the info again. Same thing happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭clairelouise95

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    The wait for results is killing me! Hopefully those of us from the first week will hear something before next weekend :-)

Same! Hopefully we do get the results soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 floggmolly

MrBlack93 wrote: »

I rang public jobs to see when we should expect results and she said that it will be after the Stage 2 tests stop, which are finishing after this week so it'll be another couple of weeks yet I'm sure😴 Although I hope this is wrong..

Thanks, but i cant get through to them because its the weekend. I'm just going to have to wing it. I know i have to bring passport photo's, ID and my confirmation email but I don't know if I'm supposed to be there at a certain time before hand. Can someone please inform me?

• Advertisement

Also can someone please tell me what to expect for the report part of it. I'm sorry for asking but I'm just getting nervous about it. Its basically the first time I've done anything like this!! To be honest I'm surprised i got this far!!

timmym628 wrote: »
    Also can someone please tell me what to expect for the report part of it. I'm sorry for asking but I'm just getting nervous about it. Its basically the first time I've done anything like this!! To be honest I'm surprised i got this far!!

You'll watch a video of an incident (interviewing witnesses victims), you'll have to log phone numbers, names, car registrations, details etc.

Then you'll have to summarise the incident in a report

• Registered Users Posts: 22 JW23

Hey, I've the stage 2 assessment test tomorrow but I'm confused I got exempt from Irish in secondary school and did no other language for leaving cert due to dyslexia, would the exemption be taking into account or will I just need to try study another language?

JW23 wrote: »
    Hey, I've the stage 2 assessment test tomorrow but I'm confused I got exempt from Irish in secondary school and did no other language for leaving cert due to dyslexia, would the exemption be taking into account or will I just need to try study another language?

You have two options
    1. Publicjobs will test you competency in a language by giving you a oral and written exam, this exam is just testing your knowledge to check if you can reach the D3 equivalent at the LC. (I know they do this for irish not sure about any other language)
    2. Apply to do a leaving cert language next year like I had to do before all you need is a D3 it's manageable even if you have a learning difficulty.
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lmarie2016

Hi Guys, Quick question- I have done my stage 2 but I think I messed up verbal reasoning so bad and only answered 28/29 should I just write the full thing off now or is there still some hope. Won't find out until Mid-December, don't want to get my hopes up and then be let down. Thanks everyone.

Lmarie2016 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, Quick question- I have done my stage 2 but I think I messed up verbal reasoning so bad and only answered 28/29 should I just write the full thing off now or is there still some hope. Won't find out until Mid-December, don't want to get my hopes up and then be let down. Thanks everyone.

Once your verbal results match roughly the same as your stage 1 result you pass. It's just to show you didn't get someone to do your exam in stage 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Don't be panicking. Forget about it till you get results!

Thanks TallGlass and wlynch1984- I flew home from Australia 2 days before it to do it and was just physically exhausted doing the exam the jetlag had really hit hard:(

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Topps

Thanks TallGlass and wlynch1984- I flew home from Australia 2 days before it to do it and was just physically exhausted doing the exam the jetlag had really hit hard:(

Im just interested. Did you do it today?

Topps wrote: »

Im just interested. Did you do it today?
    Hi Topps- No I did it last week :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Listen. We all feel like that after exams or interviews, it's natural. You might pass or you might fail, you don't know and we won't find out for a few more weeks. Your best to just forget about it until then. Honesty, it will eat you alive if you keep thinking about it in your mind. TBH, what you reached is high it's 3/4 of the questions asked, if you done well it should see you over the line on that part.

TallGlass wrote: »

Listen. We all feel like that after exams or interviews, it's natural. You might pass or you might fail, you don't know and we won't find out for a few more weeks. Your best to just forget about it until then. Honesty, it will eat you alive if you keep thinking about it in your mind. TBH, what you reached is high it's 3/4 of the questions asked, if you done well it should see you over the line on that part.

Thank you so much TallGlass, yeah the overthinking about it does slightly consume you. I don't think I personally could have answered anymore so its the best I could have done:) .... Its out of my hands at the minute and if it's meant for me it won't pass me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seanryan58

People who tested early should have gotten confirmation at this stage. I got mine there earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭macker16

When were you tested ?

macker16 wrote: »
    When were you tested ?
    Hi Macker16 was tested on the 15th :(

For stage 2 ?

For stage 2 ?

Yea did stage 2 on the 15th of November?

And you have the results already ? I thought it was mid December before we would know

And you have the results already ? I thought it was mid December before we would know
    No I was just asking to make sure to check did anyone who did it on my date got the email... I haven't heard yet, but was just making sure :) so you haven't got your email either? Thank god,..

• Advertisement

No email yet 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seanryan58

When were you tested ?

tested on the 11th November

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Peterh89

Sorted and got through, just a wait for a call

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eraj

Hi guys I m in 2800 anyone in my row, and have an idea when we r doing stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Deedee27

Jimmibar wrote: »
    Hey just was looking though can I ask how did you do in your written report I done my myself yesterday and feel the same way you did kinda messed up on the last name but got the phone numbers but no address ☹️ Not sure how to go about the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Anyone get results from stage 2 yet? Suppose to be out the 25 of august, but when I went for stage 2 they said the 15th of September? Is that true?

• Advertisement
Advertisement