Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment Stage 2 --- 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭df14

AudiKid wrote: »
    For Stage 2 it says "Supervised In-house Public Appointments Service expected to begin late March 2016"

Its not a delay. Its going to be a long process, and if they begin late March, then they will certainly continue into April.

We will get times and dates eventually

With Paddys day and Easter in the next 2 weeks it will probably be well into April. They will have to give people notice for work and travel to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

Candidates are more than likely to complete stage 2 in March. It will continue into April. At moment dates are been wrote up I reckon end of this week early next week, for those invited to stage 2 will be informed. Middle of March was originally stated the end of this week early next week counts for middle of March. We're all on the same boat. Want to get through as quick as possible. You will have to take day of work depending. They may do it in groups of 300 and so on. First batch will go through stages until physical I'd say and then once full group is ready they will go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ccro

Hey guys,

I received an email on the 1st March to say I was through to the next stage and I would shortly receive an email telling me the time and date of the supervised assessments, but no email as yet. Anyone else still waiting?

ccro wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I received an email on the 1st March to say I was through to the next stage and I would shortly receive an email telling me the time and date of the supervised assessments, but no email as yet. Anyone else still waiting?

You will get them email tomorrow or Friday. Trust me on that.

Thanks very much ��

• Advertisement

Dates tomorrow anyone else think that. I heard from source 21st March is week 1 of assessments for stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

smiley963 wrote: »
    Dates tomorrow anyone else think that. I heard from source 21st March is week 1 of assessments for stage 2

I hope we do get them tomorrow for your sake, otherwise you'll be accused of spreading rumours :L

I hope we do get them tomorrow for your sake, otherwise you'll be accused of spreading rumours :L

Ha ha no I did hear the week 21st.

Anyone no the criteria for what your allowed to get under from your original score. I take it getting over your score will not matter as it can be seen as practicing. Is there 10% levy or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

Anyone no the criteria for what your allowed to get under from your original score. I take it getting over your score will not matter as it can be seen as practicing. Is there 10% levy or anything

Hopefully we get that information with our exam times and dates.

From what I've read on the old stage 3 forum, lots of people failed because their results weren't verified, or failed because of report writing/ job simulation.

Hopefully we just have to reach a qualifying score like the previous rounds to progress to the next stage

• Advertisement

Hopefully we get that information with our exam times and dates.

From what I've read on the old stage 3 forum, lots of people failed because their results weren't verified, or failed because of report writing/ job simulation.

Hopefully we just have to reach a qualifying score like the previous rounds to progress to the next stage

Does anyone know what the minimum needed for the verified scores 10% under etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

No one knows they dont tell you that information.

This is probably a silly question, but the tests in the supervised assessments are going to be different than the ones in stage 1 aren't they? They are not the exact same ones???

As in same categories: Abstract reasoning etc but not exact same papers?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 LD89

Check your public jobs inbox stage 2 in 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CreamTim

LD89 wrote: »
    Check your public jobs inbox stage 2 in 2 weeks

You got an email :O ? Are you in the top 600 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 LD89

CreamTim wrote: »
    You got an email :O ? Are you in the top 600 ?

Just got it there now, yep in top 100

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CreamTim

LD89 wrote: »
    Just got it there now, yep in top 100

I'd say there only calling forth the top people so for now .. I'm in the 1500's

• Registered Users Posts: 36 TF1992

No rescheduling? Ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭PMMG

Two weeks time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Cathyp

Just got an email-stage two for me is early April. You can't reschedule!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Mines before the 23rd of March, didn't think it would be this early.

Told yiz it would be today. Adrenaline is kicking in. Jesus.

Everyone obviously got called in respects to there candidate number cause I'm in two weeks my OOM is inot near the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

no rescheduling is a tough one, got it for early early april, still is under the months notice to take holidays, tough but it will have to be done ;)

Cathyp wrote: »
    Just got an email-stage two for me is early April. You can't reschedule!

Just out of curiosity what is your OOM? Ballpark figure obviously

Got 10 days notice when i did it and no rescheduling either. How many are they bringing forward?

thekopend wrote: »
    Got 10 days notice when i did it and no rescheduling either. How many are they bringing forward?

That's what I an trying to figure out. I was in top 400s and got called for less than 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭MondeoMan92

Got called for the end of march. Tests seem to be ranging from 23rd of march to 7th or 8th of april. Say they do 2 or 3 groups of 30-40 a day excluding weekends bank holidays and such. Theyre testing roughly 1200 -1600 people. Guestimation but roughly what they did last time

• Advertisement

I think there taking it in batches. One group per day of 30-40.

There's no mention of when results are due from stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Achilies

I think it starts from the 21st, I got that day.

Normally you get results 1 to 2 weeks after the first group of people are brought forward, as seen in other threads.

There's no mention of when results are due from stage 2

I still think that they will assess everyone that got through to stage 2 before commencing stage 3. They have enough from last campaign to get them to the end of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 soupyryan13

Got my date this morning Saturday 9th of April and I'm out of the country would ya say there's no hope whatsoever in rescheduling? Really annoyed by this!

PMMG wrote: »
    I still think that they will assess everyone that got through to stage 2 before commencing stage 3. They have enough from last campaign to get them to the end of this year.

No I doubt they will do that, they will bring people forward in batches as they have done for the guards and any other job PAS recruits for, otherwise there would be a backlog of interviews if they tried to do that.

• Advertisement

Got my date this morning Saturday 9th of April and I'm out of the country would ya say there's no hope whatsoever in rescheduling? Really annoyed by this!

It says on the test familiarization booklet that in extreme circumstances you may be able to get a change of day, i'd give them a ring ASAP and i'm sure they could accommodate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 soupyryan13

I hope so I was surprised I got it this quick I got 1500 in the first one didn't think it would come around so soon

Achilies wrote: »
    No I doubt they will do that, they will bring people forward in batches as they have done for the guards and any other job PAS recruits for, otherwise there would be a backlog of interviews if they tried to do that.

Yes I agree. I can't seem to find in the Familiarisation about no rescheduling. Maybe my eyes are blind to it can anyone state were that is.

Yes I agree. I can't seem to find in the Familiarisation about no rescheduling. Maybe my eyes are blind to it can anyone state were that is.

It's in the message PAS sent under the address of the place and above the date you sit the test

They are putting people through alot quicker than last time so.

• Advertisement

Yep my theory that all 1791 will be tested before stage 3 begins is holding up :)

Yep my theory that all 1791 will be tested before stage 3 begins is holding up :)

That would be too much pressure. We will know when we sit the assessments we could ask.

Requests for a change to a candidate’s allocated Assessment Centre session will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.

That would be too much pressure. We will know when we sit the assessments we could ask.

They can take as much time as they need to get through interviews. Stage 2 is essentially like the old stage 1. Everyone sat supervised tests and then waited on interview. Length of time waiting for interview was based on your OOM.

They can take as much time as they need to get through interviews. Stage 2 is essentially like the old stage 1. Everyone sat supervised tests and then waited on interview. Length of time waiting for interview was based on your OOM.

Yes !! I reckon by end of April Interviews may commence. Seems to be 3 weeks of assessments.

Stage 2 is like the old stage 3 you mean i presume

Stage 2 is like the old stage 3 you mean i presume

No. I am referring to the original way in which recruitment campaigns were done (pre-2013)

Report writing was done at interview that time so it was easier to facilitate just aptitude at stage 1. Plus only 7/8000 were applying in the boom. Its good bit different now with supervised apptitude, job sinulation and report writing all in one sitting. They are fairly pushing it to put that many candidates through in that space of time.

Report writing was done at interview that time so it was easier to facilitate just aptitude at stage 1. Plus only 7/8000 were applying in the boom. Its good bit different now with supervised apptitude, job sinulation and report writing all in one sitting. They are fairly pushing it to put that many candidates through in that space of time.

The old campaign style did not involve online tests. These tests cut numbers so that ultimately only a small few people get to supervised stage . It's clear that they are doing things differently this time around (compared to 2013). They are bringing all 1791 candidates through between mid/late March and mid April. Last time around they only brought 600 forward at any one time.

The old campaign style did not involve online tests. These tests cut numbers so that ultimately only a small few people get to supervised stage . It's clear that they are doing things differently this time around (compared to 2013). They are bringing all 1791 candidates through between mid/late March and mid April. Last time around they only brought 600 forward at any one time.

I know the old tests did not have any online stage. The point im making is that they are bringing alot forward to supervised tests in a short space of time when they only managed 600 every 3 months last time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement