Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment Stage 2 --- 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

Yea it's unfair to give them knowing they are not the what the tests are like.
    I know what question I'll be asking when are the results due out.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

Anyone else in on Monday? When I got the date originally I was glad to get it over with early, but now I'm starting to wish I had more time to practice.

I also wish we'd got different sample questions, they're the same ones we had for stage one. Nerves kicking in I guess!

misslemon wrote: »
    Anyone else in on Monday? When I got the date originally I was glad to get it over with early, but now I'm starting to wish I had more time to practice.

I also wish we'd got different sample questions, they're the same ones we had for stage one. Nerves kicking in I guess!

Everyone is the same. Nerves trying to reach same scores etc.

I'd say it will seem a little more real after this stage. We've all just done our assessments by ourselves in the comfort of our own home. Now we'll get to see other candidates, get a talk from Gardai...it's getting interesting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

I'd say it will seem a little more real after this stage. We've all just done our assessments by ourselves in the comfort of our own home. Now we'll get to see other candidates, get a talk from Gardai...it's getting interesting now.

It really is.

The people that progress from this stage have a great chance.

All we have to do is get the same scores again in two tests, pass the job simulation again, and then write a report.

Then on to the interviews.

Good luck to everyone doing starting the tests on Monday :)

• Advertisement

AudiKid wrote: »
    It really is.

The people that progress from this stage have a great chance.

All we have to do is get the same scores again in two tests, pass the job simulation again, and then write a report.

Then on to the interviews.

Good luck to everyone doing starting the tests on Monday :)

Just try not to allow nerves take over.

I have a feeling boards is going be quiet for awhile until either people complete tests or results are out. Last date of testing seems to be the 9th April. PAS be doing some overtime to get all 1791 canidates through stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

Did they test 1,792 candidates in just 4 weeks in the last campaign?
    It seems that everyone that passes will sit stage 2 this year and not be waiting 18 months like the last time.

danube wrote: »
    Did they test 1,792 candidates in just 4 weeks in the last campaign?
    It seems that everyone that passes will sit stage 2 this year and not be waiting 18 months like the last time.

No they took 600 each time. This time they are taking all to complete stage 2

That's great to hear. I better start preparing then :)

What's your OOM.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't give anyone my exact OOM for reasons previously stated, but it was not close to 1791.

Yea that's understandable. Not sure how quick they will use the other bands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

in situations where a garda is in trouble which is a common question that comes up always prioritise reacting then secondarily calling fro backup. In tense situations such as crowd control officer safety then calling fro backup. Generally once you get into a frame of mind these questions and simulations become very easy[/quote

It's backup then react, if you react and get into difficulty you may be unable to get that backup.

lyons_92 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long the tests last? Im scheduled for 8.30am and an orientation time of 11:45am. I'm trying to organise travel and just want to know what time would be okay to leave Dublin when everything is finished? :)

They said 3 hours in total. It's 1 hour for the orientation. So they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭PMMG

Cedric87 wrote: »
    in situations where a garda is in trouble which is a common question that comes up always prioritise reacting then secondarily calling fro backup. In tense situations such as crowd control officer safety then calling fro backup. Generally once you get into a frame of mind these questions and simulations become very easy[/quote

It's backup then react, if you react and get into difficulty you may be unable to get that backup.

I would have thought the same calling for backup should come first but then I always end up doing badly on this test so......

smiley963 wrote: »
    They said 3 hours in total. It's 1 hour for the orientation. So they say.

The exam will take 2 hours with a small break in the middle. Make sure you keep some money in your pocket to buy coffee/water at break because they do not allow you to access your belongings at break.

Anyone doing there tests tomorrow.

Yep, I'm in tomorrow. I'm worried about the job simulation the most, I got below average in that section of stage one. Nerves are beginning to kick now. Still, at least it'll be all over this time tomorrow! :)

Yep, I'm in tomorrow. I'm worried about the job simulation the most, I got below average in that section of stage one. Nerves are beginning to kick now. Still, at least it'll be all over this time tomorrow! :)

Oh it shall be interesting to see. Can't wait until it's over wonder will we be waiting long for results.

Oh it shall be interesting to see. Can't wait until it's over wonder will we be waiting long for results.

Well they'll be correcting the report phase as they go, so giving them two weeks from the final date (that we know of) to correct the remaining reports, admin, and other work for different projects I reckon we'll hear the week starting April 25th.

That's a pure guess though, and it presumes they wait until stage 2 is completed to start stage 3. Others who are more in tune with how many are still waiting to enter Templemore right now probably have a better idea. After all if they're in no rush for us there's no incentive to process us quickly!

Best of luck to everyone in this week!

Well they'll be correcting the report phase as they go, so giving them two weeks from the final date (that we know of) to correct the remaining reports, admin, and other work for different projects I reckon we'll hear the week starting April 25th.

That's a pure guess though, and it presumes they wait until stage 2 is completed to start stage 3. Others who are more in tune with how many are still waiting to enter Templemore right now probably have a better idea. After all if they're in no rush for us there's no incentive to process us quickly!

Best of luck to everyone in this week!

Yes maybe and the fact that reserves have completed their interviews at this stage. Hopefully not waiting too long I think this stage is 3 weeks long hopefully they start interviewing the end of April that would be a good sign for all.

• Advertisement

I hope so too. Waiting for the last set of results nearly broke my refresh button. When are you in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭baldshin

What's everyone planning on wearing to the assessments? Suits, shirt and tie, smart casual??

baldshin wrote: »
    What's everyone planning on wearing to the assessments? Suits, shirt and tie, smart casual??

Jesus no. It tells you to dress comfortable jean tshirt hoodie.

I hope so too. Waiting for the last set of results nearly broke my refresh button. When are you in?

Tuesday. Hope can meet same scores in test that what I'm worried about.

baldshin wrote: »

I haven't decided what I'm wearing, too busy practicing fecking abstract reasoning and feeling the fear, but it will be something casual. If I get to interview stage and meeting my local sergeant it'll be a different thing altogether ;)

I haven't decided what I'm wearing, too busy practicing fecking abstract reasoning and feeling the fear, but it will be something casual. If I get to interview stage and meeting my local sergeant it'll be a different thing altogether ;)

People show up in track suits. Hoodie tshirt and jeans perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

In tomorrow, great to get it over with but wish I had more time to go over everything !

RedmondHR wrote: »
    In tomorrow, great to get it over with but wish I had more time to go over everything !

Me too! Starting to panic to be honest, which is the last thing I need. I'm convinced I'm going to fall short on the abstract reasoning verification.

It doesn't help that we've such a small amount of practice material. I've found other tests online, but they're very different to the ones that we're expected to complete.

Trying not to panic it's impossible. Stomach in knots, then the waiting around God help us. I just want to pass!!!!!

• Advertisement

I haven't told many people that I'm doing this, so they've no idea why I'm a neurotic mess!

I haven't told many people that I'm doing this, so they've no idea why I'm a neurotic mess!

16,500 applied only 5500 were female. I think we could pick you out tomorrow MissLemon 😜 We can chat

16,500 applied only 5500 were female. I think we could pick you out tomorrow MissLemon 😜 We can chat

I thought 1 in 3 was quite high actually! The first intake in the last drive had only 18 women out of 100 recruits, less than 1 in 5.

I thought 1 in 3 was quite high actually! The first intake in the last drive had only 18 women out of 100 recruits, less than 1 in 5.

Yea it really is a small minority of women applying.

Jeez, thought there would be much more to be honest. How yous feeling for the report writing? Have an idea, but not a great one.

Jeez, thought there would be much more to be honest. How yous feeling for the report writing? Have an idea, but not a great one.

Honestly I'm more hung up on meeting qualifying scores for verbal and abstract. I would hate to lose on that. I just hope they are leanant. Taking nerves into account etc.

• Advertisement

Do anyone wanna meet up before we go in ha ha I'm getting train so I'll b there early.

Do anyone wanna meet up before we go in ha ha I'm getting train so I'll b there early.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

Good luck tomorrow guys :)

I thought there would be more women given that there was an emphasis in this campaign on recruiting more women and people from minority backgrounds, but I suppose any increase is a step in the right direction.

I haven't practiced report writing. I'm worried about getting bogged down in unnecessary detail and missing the important points. I'm also worried about the job simulation, that was my worst result in stage one.

The worst thing about being some of the first up is that we have longer to wait for results!

I thought there would be more women given that there was an emphasis in this campaign on recruiting more women and people from minority backgrounds, but I suppose any increase is a step in the right direction.

I haven't practiced report writing. I'm worried about getting bogged down in unnecessary detail and missing the important points. I'm also worried about the job simulation, that was my worst result in stage one.

The worst thing about being some of the first up is that we have longer to wait for results!

Yes longer wait but advantage of having it done. They may clarify time period for when results to be out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dalenka

Hello Miss Lemon :) nice to know I'm not the only lady ;) in the group :)
    I just wanted to wish you all good luck and don't let nerves get the better of you! remember to breathe :) I hope we will get to meet each other in the next serious stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

So 1791 people are going in to sit stage two in the next 2 weeks ? Seems a lot but be good news for those of us just above that number I suppose. Best of luck everyone sitting stage 2.

Cedric87 wrote: »
    So 1791 people are going in to sit stage two in the next 2 weeks ? Seems a lot but be good news for those of us just above that number I suppose. Best of luck everyone sitting stage 2.

Next 3 weeks.

Best of Luck tomorrow everyone, also remember to bring invitation email, photo ID and passport photos!

Are you first or second half of day?

Best of Luck tomorrow everyone, also remember to bring invitation email, photo ID and passport photos!

Thanks for reminding me!!!

PMMG wrote: »
    Are you first or second half of day?

I thought there is only one time tomorrow and the following days have two or three settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

is the email we've to print out the message in our publicjobs inbox yeah?

Yea the one with the time and date of the second stage. Not the ones with the results!

What times are people in at

• Advertisement
Advertisement