Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment Stage 2 --- 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭PMMG

Very difficult to know how things went really!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

PMMG wrote: »
    Very difficult to know how things went really!

It really is. I've calmed down about the aptitude tests and am worried about a job simulation scenario I think I ballsed up. It's pointless worrying about it but it's hard not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

misslemon wrote: »
    It really is. I've calmed down about the aptitude tests and am worried about a job simulation scenario I think I ballsed up. It's pointless worrying about it but it's hard not to.

Well they do good job making you think you will pass by asking you to get all them documents ready etc. Then you could just fail.

smiley963 wrote: »
    Well they do good job making you think you will pass by asking you to get all them documents ready etc. Then you could just fail.

Yea that's tough. Results in a couple of weeks so it looks like we are going to hear before everyone has sat stage 2

Yea that's tough. Results in a couple of weeks so it looks like we are going to hear before everyone has sat stage 2

Yea I reckon the week of the 4th April we may hear back. Hopefully anyway.

Can I ask where you heard that? They told us that we'd hear by April which excited me until I was told by family that 'by April' usually means 'by the end of April'.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Yea, they said something similar to us,will hear it in April some time and interviews will be May. Really don't give you that much time to prepare for the interview.

RedmondHR wrote: »
    Yea, they said something similar to us,will hear it in April some time and interviews will be May. Really don't give you that much time to prepare for the interview.

We heard we would hear before the rest that are sitting theirs next week and the week after. Also we heard that some interviews may be in the end of April.

We heard we would hear before the rest that are sitting theirs next week and the week after. Also we heard that some interviews may be in the end of April.

Same as

Well everyone who was this week is in the same boat. They end of April start of May for interviews. But I say take everything with a pinch of salt, we know how long it took the online ones to come out.

• Advertisement

Same as

All we can do for the remained of this week is wait u til it's over. 90 candidates are roughly been tested a day. That's nearly 350 or so in a week. Maybe even more so it shouldn't be too long. Soon as we finished the report writing they were took and someone took them away straight away.

All we can do for the remained of this week is wait u til it's over. 90 candidates are roughly been tested a day. That's nearly 350 or so in a week. Maybe even more so it shouldn't be too long. Soon as we finished the report writing they were took and someone took them away straight away.

Maybe they are rushing the first batch through because they want them in training ASAP?

Any else think job simulation was tough??

There's definitely more than 90 a day if they're going purely by our stage one results. I didn't finish in the top 100 and I was day 1.

Thank you! Yes, it was hard for me. I found it quite morally complex. I'm worried I might have failed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 TF1992

Was worried about being late , now I'm an hour early, not helping the nerves

TF1992 wrote: »

You will be grand! Best of Luck!

Early is better than late. You'll be fine! Verbal reasoning, abstract reasoning and job suitability tests got you here, now you just have to add a small report to the mix. You can do it! Best of luck, and let us know how it goes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

What made it so tough?

Is it not the same as in stage 1?

• Advertisement

AudiKid wrote: »
    What made it so tough?

Is it not the same as in stage 1?

I can't speak for PMMG, but for me there are two things that made it tough. First, in stage one my lowest mark was for the job simulation portion, so I was extra nervous.

Second, there's no clear correct answer. With verbal reasoning or abstract reasoning you can sometimes tell that you nailed a question. The job simulation isn't black or white, it's not set up like the rest with one right answer and the rest are completely wrong. So it's harder to tell how you did imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dalenka

I'm dreading the report writing as I don't know what to expect! How detailed it has to be, time is usually issue for me as I have usually loads to say /write and English is not my first language and it's not as good as it use to be before I left for Scandinavia over 6 years ago! ****. I'm getting stressed now...

dalenka wrote: »
    I'm dreading the report writing as I don't know what to expect! How detailed it has to be, time is usually issue for me as I have usually loads to say /write and English is not my first language and it's not as good as it use to be before I left for Scandinavia over 6 years ago! ****. I'm getting stressed

Don't worry. Just listen carefully. It will work out fine.

I'm dreading the report writing as I don't know what to expect! How detailed it has to be, time is usually issue for me as I have usually loads to say /write and English is not my first language and it's not as good as it use to be before I left for Scandinavia over 6 years ago! ****. I'm getting stressed now...

Your written English is at quite a high standard already though, and that's just based on your posts on an online forum!

As for taking in information, if you can watch and understand a crime based drama on television then you're at the same level as the rest of us and should have no problem. :)

Wonder how people got on today ?? Plus only 1 day left this week for testing.

Wonder how people got on today ??

I wonder if everybody is turning up everyday?

• Advertisement

AudiKid wrote: »
    I wonder if everybody is turning up everyday?

Prob never no ha just want results

just want results

I know, me too! I wouldn't care when the interview was scheduled for if I knew I definitely had one.

Thank God for this thread though, otherwise I'd drive my friends and family insane. :rolleyes:

I know, me too! I wouldn't care when the interview was scheduled for if I knew I definitely had one.

Thank God for this thread though, otherwise I'd drive my friends and family insane. :rolleyes:

Hopefully one week of waiting left.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

I'd feel better being ye than me ! I've to wait till April to do the assessment verification ! how lousy ;)

CorkColin wrote: »
    I'd feel better being ye than me ! I've to wait till April to do the assessment verification ! how lousy ;)

April next week my to bad

• Advertisement

Hopefully one week of waiting left.

As long as they don't send the results on April Fool's Day. It'd be almost as bad as the time last campaign when they sent everyone an email saying they'd failed when they hadn't!

As long as they don't send the results on April Fool's Day. It'd be almost as bad as the time last campaign when they sent everyone an email saying they'd failed when they hadn't!

Ha ha ha. Yea I heard that

How are you feeling about it?

How are you feeling about it?

Well I don't really get nervous to be honest, I've no fear of it, i currently have to to reports every day where i work, one thing that i feel will let me down is abstract reasoning, got over 680+ in it, and i'm usually diabolical at it. I must of has a few guesses in the online haah! rest of the modules i reckon will be grand :D

Well I don't really get nervous to be honest, I've no fear of it, i currently have to to reports every day where i work, one thing that i feel will let me down is abstract reasoning, got over 680+ in it, and i'm usually diabolical at it. I must of has a few guesses in the online haah! rest of the modules i reckon will be grand :D

It's great that you're so confident! Just the waiting for you then, which seems to be the hardest part of this campaign.

It's great that you're so confident! Just the waiting for you then, which seems to be the hardest part of this campaign.

well i'm happy to go do the assessments but i'm not confident that i'll pass :pac: with a bit of luck we all will :P

Just a tip for people.

If you divide your scores from stage 1 by 800, you can work out your score percentage, and have an idea of how many you must get correct to verify for at stage 2

I done pretty well on the online Job Stimulus section, so kinda worrying about matching that score again. :/

RedmondHR wrote: »
    I done pretty well on the online Job Stimulus section, so kinda worrying about matching that score again. :/

You don't have to match the job simulation score

You don't have to match the job simulation score

Really? Whys that? Wheres it say that? Sorry about all the questions, its just the one part of the thing I am worried about :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 TF1992

That was handy enough , no nasty surprises, but I guess we'll see

Thanks all. I hope it will go ok.
    Is 680 on abstract good result? That's what I got but I didn't thought it was particularly great result, good one but hmm what was the max on the tests? Anyone knows?
    Any Wonder Girls and Boys from first hundreds here can shed some light?

Thanks all. I hope it will go ok.
    Is 680 on abstract good result? That's what I got but I didn't thought it was particularly great result, good one but hmm what was the max on the tests? Anyone knows?
    Any Wonder Girls and Boys from first hundreds here can shed some light?

Well considering its out of 800 yea. 680/800 is 85% :p Would you see that as a good result? :p

Abstract reasoning was scored out of 800, as was verbal, so 680 is excellent. Well above the pass mark :)

Haha out of 800, how do you know? seems in abstract thinking I'm shxt hot ; ) verbal didn't go that well :p and in assesment I was honest - I wouldn't like to move to the other end of the country, driving distance from home would be fine and I think that's reasonable when you have family. Have to practice my verbal hm... any tips where I could find good tests?

PM'd you, said I couldn't send the links at the moment ? :/

Thanks :) I have to focus on improving the verbal it seems.
    I really wonder what person nr 1 result was :) He or she is probably a nerdy brainiac that won't pass fitness test; ) or maybe robocop man/lady that will totally nail everything ; )

That was handy enough , no nasty surprises, but I guess we'll see

Glad it went well! Now it's just the long wait ;)

I really wonder what person nr 1 result was :) He or she is probably a nerdy brainiac that won't pass fitness test; ) or maybe robocop man/lady that will totally nail everything ; )

Very little points difference between top 600. For example someone in top 100 posted there score and it was only about 20 or 30 marks more than someone else in 400s who posted there overall score

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

From looking at a lot of people in PAS today, there's gonna be a few failures for the fitness test.

Advertisement