Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New 10th gen Civic to be released in 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's certainly a lot more coherent than the current one, I don't know how I feel about it tbh. It's all a bit fussy looking, but it is something different.

1.5 turbo petrol could have lots of potential. The 1.6 diesel is already at 160bhp in the CR-V so it mightn't be all bad. No mention of a hybrid? The 1.0 would have to be turbo surely? (Reading the article, the wording suggests it is) Probably 3 cylinder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Back of it still looks Sh1te, simply do not like it. Mazda probably making the best looking Japanese cars at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Looks like a Mazda with too much going on. Colour doesn't help though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Horrific. No change there then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Very ugly-looking. I think it's completely over the top. Far too many sharp pointy bits and it looks like a kid's toy......but then I like the Audi A6 so this new Civic would be the polar opposite, I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

I really like it. Reviews from America where the saloon version is already out sound very good bar the CVT gearbox.

Just for comparison sake, here are threads from 10 years ago before the 8th generation hatchback was launched

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=292212

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=308333

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

I wouldn't mind that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Kinda reminds me a bit of a Lancer at the back, but I like it. I'd buy one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I like it. I do find it a bit odd though to release the Type R only last year/this year only for the FK2 to be replaced next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Civic designs of late have become love it or hate it. Hopefully half the overly fussy concept stuff won't make production.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I would say it will look really aggressive in Black.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I like the look of that I have to say.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

If it's as good or better to drive I'd have this over the Mazda 3.

I assume the 1.5 turbo petrol would give the same performance as the one in America? That sort of performance for around the 30k mark sounds like a winner to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Zurbaran wrote: »
    If it's as good or better to drive I'd have this over the Mazda 3.

I assume the 1.5 turbo petrol would give the same performance as the one in America? That sort of performance for around the 30k mark sounds like a winner to me.

Nice, so the 1l is set to output 127bhp and 200Nm of torque and the 1.5 is outputting 201bhp and 260Nm of torque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I really like it. Reviews from America where the saloon version is already out sound very good bar the CVT gearbox.

Sa the saloon in the US. Liked it, wasn't sure what it was till I had a second look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I like it, silly concept bits that will never go to production aside (all that green)

Nice, so the 1l is set to output 127bhp and 200Nm of torque and the 1.5 is outputting 201bhp and 260Nm of torque.
    I read that the 1.5 is 174bhp with a 0-60 time of 6.9 which is very impressive even if it's not 200bhp.

I suppose it all comes down to how they price the 1.5. Hopefully it will be around the same price as the diesel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I wouldn't go out of my way to buy one but i might be tempted to test drive one ;) Not a fan of the back of it but i do like the current civic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

either this car/ford focus hatchback/vw golf gti or mazda 3 will be my next car

I CANT DECIDE :(

have hondas improved at all over the years?
    I have never drove one but I heard their made of paper.
    Never actually heard of anyone enjoying the drive at all
    but this model looks great to be honest

It's a long time since they were built to be lightweight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Car manufacturers need to start bringing back the 3 door car :(

Last one I drove extensively was the 06 model. Loved everything about it other than the hard ride.

Used to own a 99 vti saloon. Now that did have a slightly made of paper/tin feel to it, was all worth it when the vtec kicked in though.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Car manufacturers need to start bringing back the 3 door car :(

Yep, what happened in the late 90s to the working mans coupe is currently happening to 3 door hatchbacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    have hondas improved at all over the years?
    I have never drove one but I heard their made of paper.
    Never actually heard of anyone enjoying the drive at all

Not sure if serious, or believes german cars are reliable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Nice looking, but of course thats the real top of the range stuff, the one most people will buy will look nothing like that.

Reminds me of the Kia Optima.

Is it bigger than the current Civic, looks so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

it looks like the b@stard love child of a ford focus and a hyundai veloceter.......

fugly as sin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is it just me, or a lot of new cars getting a very aggressive styling?

Starting to look like things you'd see in a Batman or Robocop film.

I read that the 1.5 is 174bhp with a 0-60 time of 6.9 which is very impressive even if it's not 200bhp.

I suppose it all comes down to how they price the 1.5. Hopefully it will be around the same price as the diesel.
    honda-civic-engines-jpg.1323

That's me told.
    honda-civic-engines-jpg.1323

You can bet your ass theyll do a lower powered 1.0 as well.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You can bet your ass theyll do a lower powered 1.0 as well.
    Na, Honda generally sell higher powered units when compared to their competitors equivalent. Although I'm a bit concerned they won't sell the 1.5 here as that's the replacement for the 1.8 and I'm not sure they sell that here anymore?

I read that the 1.5 is 174bhp with a 0-60 time of 6.9 which is very impressive even if it's not 200bhp..........

Decent, I like the looks in the OPs link, the production version will be a bit toned down so should look even better in sporty guise than the tad OTT pics at the moment.

Some interior pics here of the 2016 US saloon, should be the same.
    http://indianautosblog.com/2016/03/5-things-2017-honda-civic-hatchback-224289

Looks like its kept the twin exhausts and the two small spoilers from the prototype.

2017-honda-civic.jpg?itok=ksDY18uu

• Advertisement

Shur where would you put the drawbar :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Phil.x

I think, looking from the front it looks like the Subaru imprezza hatchback.

I think it has lost the magic rear seats and petrol tank from under the front seats which really is a bad thing in my book.

Now with turbos it's going to be as unreliable as a VW coal burner.

Doubt Honda will ever make anything as unreliable as VW regularly do. Turbo or no turbo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Phil.x wrote: »
    I think, looking from the front it looks like the Subaru imprezza hatchback.

I think it has lost the magic rear seats and petrol tank from under the front seats which really is a bad thing in my book.
    I wouldn't mind one bit if they fit proper independent rear suspension.
    Honda make great engines. There's more to wrong with turbo units but I'd bet these Honda units will be very reliable.

• Advertisement

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Arkady

Looks awful, like a flattened down nissan puke

Turbos are in the majority of what's on the road these days, they're largely troublefree and when they fail they give warning. Not really a component that makes a vehicle unreliable, can make a routine service more expensive than planned admittedly is a small number of cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Phil.x

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Why?

Bigger boot with petrol tank under front seats and very useful space when you flip up rear seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Looks much nicer than the current one.
    I must admit I quite like it.

Looks very similar to the concept as expected.

2017-civic-hatchback-jpg.17010

2017-honda-civic-hatchback-2-jpg.16872

VmQQG1A.png

Looks like a Prius that had bad plastic surgery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭newcar2016

On a related note where is the Honda Accord gone? I don't see it featured on Honda IE or UK website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They stopped selling it in Europe about 2 years ago due to lack of demand and high price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭newcar2016

bazz26 wrote: »
    They stopped selling it in Europe about 2 years ago due to lack of demand and high price.

Thats a shame.

• Advertisement
Advertisement