Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR16 - Chapter 3 - Surya Namaskar

Options
  • 01-03-2016 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭

Here we go again. Chapter 2 started with 7 participants and the standings are as follows

Overall Standings after Chapter 2 - Plank Madness

39pts Neady83
    30pts shotgunmcos
    23pts sconhome
    11pts Green&Red
    6pts RaccoonQueen
    6pts Solobally8
    0pts mossym

For March

The Challenge - options pick one
    3,000m Total Ascent or 60 Yoga Sun Salutations Surya Namaskar A & B (This one will add to S&C goal too!) Do them slowly for the best benefit

Then

Pick between 1 and 7 goal activities and how many hours (min 30 mins) you intend to spend doing those very things.

And/Or decide if you are going to do the monthly challenge as your only or additional goal. No need for tables.. we can put it on Gdocs, which was cool.. thank you sconhome!

So to kick off my March goals are

Goal1 - Run on/off road for 5hrs
    Goal2 - MTB & Hike a Bike for 9hrs
    Goal3 - Erg or Paddle for 8hrs
    Goal4 - Roadie/Turbo for 10hrs
    Goal5 - Trek/Orienteer for 4hrs
    Goal6 - Swim for 6hrs
    Goal7 - S&C for 8hrs
    Goal8 - 60x Surya Namaskar (Yoga Sun Salutation Sequences)

How do you score?

Gold = 3pts, Silver = 2pts, Bronze = 1pt

Gold
    • Complete the Yoga or Ascent challenge
    • Be first of an activity that has at least 3 doing it
    • Set a goal that is bigger than what you have actually done in any previous month and hit it (this month only applies to existing participants)
    Silver
    • Be first of any activity with just 2 participants
    • Set a goal and hit double the number.
    Bronze
    • Be the only person to do an activity and log at least an hour of it
    • Set and complete a any goal
    • Finish 2nd of only 2 people doing an activity
    • Finish 3rd of 3 or more people doing an activity

Its just a bit of craic but I'm going to rope sconhome into sponsoring a little prize for the overall winner at the end of the year (I'll go halves Chief)

The only fast rule is that you must set your goals asap and once you set them that's it. No adding a new activity in the last week for a free bronze!

Plus no need for tables, just list your goal activities and how long you plan to spend doing them... simples

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Gonna put my name in the hat for this month with Goals 1 (6 hours), 4 (10 hours), 7 (8 hours)and 8 (Part of the 8 hours from 7 I think?) Been working on S&C mainly lately anyway so this month suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Gonna put my name in the hat for this month with Goals 1 (6 hours), 4 (10 hours), 7 (8 hours)and 8 (Part of the 8 hours from 7 I think?) Been working on S&C mainly lately anyway so this month suits me.

The list I put up are my goals to list as you like or whatever you like. PM sconhome to be added to the Google docs tracker

Oh right, thought it was targets I'll still aim for some and think about others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Oh right, thought it was targets I'll still aim for some and think about others.

Yep create your own targets and aim to hit or exceed them. Its not to measure you against another but a way of disciplining yourself to achieve your own targets.

Then like me you can realise if you are over reaching or your targets are too high / low or just right for your life balance.

The March page is up, I need to share the doc with you for editing so PM me your gmail or similar address.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Is the 3000m total ascent the total in one session?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Well done on a cracking Feb Mike

No competition, 3,000m total ascent :)

Goal1 - Run on/off road for 17hrs
    Goal2 - MTB & Hike a Bike for 8hrs
    Goal3 - Erg or Paddle for 7hrs
    Goal4 - Roadie/Turbo for 10hrs
    Goal5 - Trek/Orienteer for 4hrs
    Goal6 - Swim for 6hrs
    Goal7 - S&C for 9hrs
    Goal8 - 3,000m ascent

Is the 3000m total ascent the total in one session?

Total Ascent but feel free to do it all in one go too (Not in any motorised vehicle!) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Count me in again :)

Goal 1: 20 hrs out on the roadie
    Goal 2: 15 hrs turbo
    Goal 3: Going to try bring in some S&C 2 hrs
    Goal 4: Lose 4 more lbs (still plenty more to go)
    Goal 5: Easy back into using the rowing machine 2hrs

I like both March Challenges but will go for the 3,000m ascent

After all the February planking I can feel abs. Need to discipline the diet to see them though :confused:

First sequence of suryanamaskar tonight and I only did the basic sequence twice. Can't even touch my toes. Woeful. Here's hoping 120 down dogs will fix that. Really going to try and hit all goals this month.

I'm behind on some goals. Really need to start biking. Galway 14 weeks away. Gonna be a long day.

Just did some Yoga. DOMS all the better for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

A few days in Kerry really sorts you out for climbing!

Green&Red wrote: »
    A few days in Kerry really sorts you out for climbing!

Sure does, nice going!

Think I need to start setting easier goals. :D Messy month for training, again. If only every month could be like January! :)

Think I need to start setting easier goals. :D Messy month for training, again. If only every month could be like January! :)

+1 January was a very motivated month.

I've 68 minutes of running and an hour of S&C to get done this evening to hit two more targets :o

Edit: the 3,000m ascent, does it all have to be done on foot or can some of be on the bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I presumed it was just cycling

I don't think it matters. Think it can be a combination of bike and on foot. Well he never clarified so you're not taking my climbing away from me :pac:

I don't think it matters. Think it can be a combination of bike and on foot. Well he never clarified so you're not taking my climbing away from me :pac:

Between the biking and the climbing, I've scraped over the line :D

3 weeks of traveling played havok on this month, going to count my time rambling about Paris this past week though. Walked about a half marathon last Wednesday which considering I'm just back logging run miles after a long lay off is good. Will total the month tomorow when I'm in front of a PC

Well done all for hitting goals in March and 3 cheers to better climbing and better cores plus weight loss for some!

Overall with over 6,000m climbing in March, the best effort was Green & Red and he gets to call out the Zany challenge for April?

Scores on the door for March

27 Green & Red
    25 shotgunmcos
    23 neady83
    9 Raccoon queen
    9 Solobally 8
    3 68 Lost Souls
    0 Mossym
    0 Sconhome

Scores on the doors for 2016

62 neady83
    55 shotgunmcos
    37 Green & Red
    23 Sconhome
    15 Raccoonqueen
    15 Raccoonqueen
    3 68 Lost Souls
    0 Mossy

Just did an update there on my totals for the month. Not too far off but still need to do a lot more on the bike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement