Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadetship 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bob123321

Anyone complete the overnight assessment recently? and if so how did you fare? what did you do while there? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 fasnet353

Hey all, Just as to update and brief with regards to the Naval Competition assessment stage 2.

Cadets and Recruits were brought in on the same day and processed together with regards to initial admin and the fitness test. There were a number of fails for the fitness, which goes to show that some people really think they can do a fitness test with zero training.

Group assessments were a practical exercise and a mock operation. There was a large group being assessed at the same time which made the situation interesting.

No overnighting as was common in the past and no trip about a ship or anything. Job preview consisted of a class room situation lecture with a Q&A at the end by the recruiting officer.

843 applicants, 600 did not attain the benchmark score on the psychometrics. There are 17 positions available this year with 2 of those pending department approval. Should be 8 operations, not sure on the other branch break down. Interviews this year will be from the 18th-29th July and are hoping for the offers to be given the same time as the CAO offers I believe.

Best of luck to all, great to meet those I met the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RangerSteve

Hi everyone. Completed overnight stay for army cadetship recently . Just wondering had anyone received details Of final interview yet? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 WARRIOR08

Hi everyone. Completed overnight stay for army cadetship recently . Just wondering had anyone received details Of final interview yet? Thanks

No word yet a few more days I believe.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SunnyA

Just got my date for the final interview for the air Corps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭HOPEFUL3

That's great, what date is your interview ? Anyone hear back yet for the Navy

HOPEFUL3 wrote: »
    That's great, what date is your interview ? Anyone hear back yet for the Navy

Interview is the 20th of July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭tommy_tucker

SunnyA wrote: »
    Interview is the 20th of July.

Whats the story with the vaccination history, never got asked for that before.

Not really sure how to go about getting it too, if my family doctor doesn't have the records i don't know where to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 djenthallman

Hey guys, so my interview for the army cadets is 21st July, but does anyone know roughly what dates the medical will be held? Trying to work plans around it. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Son of Jack

Whats the story with the vaccination history, never got asked for that before.

Not really sure how to go about getting it too, if my family doctor doesn't have the records i don't know where to get it.

'There is no national database for immunisation records. Vaccines given by GPs and HSE doctors and nurses are held in local health offices. You will need to contact your local health office to request a copy of your records.'
    More info here:

http://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/whoweare/requestrecord.html

Best of luck with it all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Anybody have any idea about start dates?

Has anyone completed the interview yet ? I have mine next week and looking for info / tips.

Has anyone completed the interview yet ? I have mine next week and looking for info / tips.

Are you going for Navy?

These were the competencies for Air Corps: Leadership + Supervision, Teamwork, Motivation + Discipline, Technical Aptitude, Maturity, High Stress Tolerance, Communication. Are your competencies the same?

If you are going for Navy, make sure you know the fleet, name of every craft, have a good look through the Navy's FB page, and the DF flickr feed.

If Technical Aptitude is one of the competencies, make sure you know how bouyancy works, how sailing works, what displacement is, the history of sailing etc.

Air Corps medical emails have been sent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seanryan58

Anybody heard anything? Had my interview the 15th. For the Army?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dantian

Lurker...first poster.

Anyone heard one way or another?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Betty16

Dantian wrote: »
    Lurker...first poster.

Anyone heard one way or another?

Navy emails being sent out this evening

Anyone get an email from the Navy yet ? Trying to wait patiently ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Navy results are out. Delighted!

Any Air Corps candidates still watching this thread? I think there's only 16 of us left now.

See the Irish Times and IAC FB page for photos of 32nd Cadet class commissioning ceremony.

You can see Anthony Candon who spoke to us on the testing day totally buzzing.

• Advertisement

stringbox wrote: »

If you are going for Navy, make sure you know the fleet, name of every craft, have a good look through the Navy's FB page, and the DF flickr feed.

If Technical Aptitude is one of the competencies, make sure you know how bouyancy works, how sailing works, what displacement is, the history of sailing etc.

In case anyone reads this later for future competitions, the Navy interview doesn't involve this for the Operations role (at least in my case). You have to know about the Navy's general role like what an officer will do and what the functions of the NS are, but they didn't ask anything specific like names of ships or anything technical. I've no knowledge of sailing, buoyancy or anything like that and passed the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MartP23

stringbox wrote: »
    Any Air Corps candidates still watching this thread? I think there's only 16 of us left now.

See the Irish Times and IAC FB page for photos of 32nd Cadet class commissioning ceremony.

You can see Anthony Candon who spoke to us on the testing day totally buzzing.

Yeah still having a look now and then. Have you heard anything about the second part of the medical yet? Know its going to be in Bricins again anyways.

MartP23 wrote: »
    Yeah still having a look now and then. Have you heard anything about the second part of the medical yet? Know its going to be in Bricins again anyways.

There is still no word on the stage 2 of the Air Corps medical.

Anyone know how many have got through to the medical stage for the Navy ?

Apparently the army take the amount of places they have plus 50% (so for 20 places, they'd normally take 30 for medicals and so on)
    I'd imagine the Navy would take a few more though given how few places there are (so even a few people failing the medical or withdrawing from the competition would mean they'd lack numbers)
    I'm guessing for the 8 operations cadetships, they'll be taking 15-20 of us for the medicals, although this is pure speculation on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 fasnet353

Just about the Naval competition. They brought 35 to medical and there were three failures and seven no shows on my day so as of then only 24 left for all branches.

Surprised with the number of no shows. Nothing more we can do now but wait.

Surprised with the number of no shows. Nothing more we can do now but wait.

Did you all go for just navy or army as well? Anyone know How many went for med for army?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Approximately 90 were called.

• Advertisement

Approximately 90 were called.

Thanks . Was there any notification on exact date candidates will know?

Advertisement