Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadetship 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

fasnet353 wrote: »
    Just about the Naval competition. They brought 35 to medical and there were three failures and seven no shows on my day so as of then only 24 left for all branches.

Yeah, we were told 35 as well (including both Ops and Engineering)
    There were 60 being interviewed (of which 48 were Ops) so presumably most of the 35 medical examinees were Ops as well.

On my day, 7 showed up and everyone passed their medical. Dunno how many they were expecting though.
    Thanks . Was there any notification on exact date candidates will know?
    For the Naval Service, we were told it'd be soon after the Leaving Cert results are out (with Army results out at the same time). So probably late August/Early September.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RangerSteve

Lockstep wrote: »
    Yeah, we were told 35 as well (including both Ops and Engineering)
    There were 60 being interviewed (of which 48 were Ops) so presumably most of the 35 medical examinees were Ops as well.

On my day, 7 showed up and everyone passed their medical. Dunno how many they were expecting though.

For the Naval Service, we were told it'd be right after the Leaving Cert results are out (and Army results will be out at the same time). So probably late August/Early September.

Thank you. And wow 7 not to show up on one day for a medical is surprising isn't it? Especially when got that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭HOPEFUL3

Leaving cert results out next Wednesday so I am guessing we should hear something in about 2 weeks !!!

Now that the Leaving Cert results are out has anyone heard when we should get some news ??

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

Good luck to all who've gotten this far, looking to apply myself when the next competition comes up

• Advertisement

I heard on previous years successful candidates were informed around time of cao offers. Not sure how much truth is in this though. If that's the case though, next Monday offers are out. Anyone heard anything concrete?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SunnyA

I heard on previous years successful candidates were informed around time of cao offers. Not sure how much truth is in this though. If that's the case though, next Monday offers are out. Anyone heard anything concrete?

Normally they give out offers with cao offers but I have heard that the offers will be a little delayed. We are looking at late next week or the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 fasnet353

It all depends on the year with regards to offers i'd say. Its a bureaucratic nightmare since you have to have the tri-service talk to each other, probably run it through DFHQ, then to the department of defence where it gets shoved to the ministers table, signed, then back to the recruitment section, and finally back to us. That is if there haven't been any mess ups with medicals, vetting, and such.

Last year I believe they blamed the army for something they did and it took until the end of September for offers to be sent out which was fairly nerve racking.

SunnyA, where did you hear about the slight delay in the offers?

Best of luck to those remaining in the competition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Unity16

The Lt in charge of recruitment said at the medicals they hope to have offers out this week

75 people were called to medical for 48 positions. Every two out of three get offered it in the first round.

Best of luck everybody!

If anybody gets the offer can they please post here so we have some idea the process has started. Also can you tell us if the offer was by email or phone.
    Thanks

Has anyone received an offer yet ?? Still no news here, waiting patiently !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Aussie88

Still waiting to hear as well....hopefully this week!

Nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FrankOceanic

Waiting is hard.

Think it's going to be a long week. Hopefully it won't run into next week ..

Radio silence from recruitment. Today seems to me to be a nice day to get the call!

Has anyone had direct contact with recruitment yet to look for info that is?

Has anyone had direct contact with recruitment yet to look for info that is?

I emailed them but no reply.

Well. To repeat what someone said earlier . If anyone gets any notice good or bad could they post on this just for everyone's peace of mind. Thanks and best of luck.

quote="Unity16;100785419"]I emailed them butno reply.[/quote]

Well. To repeat what someone said earlier . If anyone gets any notice good or bad could they post on this just for everyone's peace of mind. Thanks and best of luck.

quote="Unity16;100785419"]I emailed them butno reply.
    [/quote]

Will do. Fingers crossed lads!

On the plus side, whatever the results, we've done extremely well to get this far. By passing all the stages, we've shown we're good enough to become officers, even if we don't make the final cut due to how few cadetships are on offer. Sincerely hope we all get to meet in the Curragh soon.

• Advertisement

There's rumours of a double intake in 2017 so if you don't scratch this one next year is just around the corner.

That said I'm sure you'll all get in this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

By double intake do you mean massively expanding the class or taking on two classes at different times of the year?

By double intake do you mean massively expanding the class or taking on two classes at different times of the year?

I assume two platoons in one year, trained separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FrankOceanic

BadBannana wrote: »
    I assume two platoons in one year, trained separately.

How many is it normally? I think I read on here that it would be 80 this year.

Anyone hear anything today? Rumours or goss? This waiting around is tough.

Waiting is a killer at this stage.. Hopefully it won't be much longer..

How many is it normally? I think I read on here that it would be 80 this year.

Anyone hear anything today? Rumours or goss? This waiting around is tough.

A training platoon is 40 odd as far as I can remember. They do however have a list of candidates to draw from should people drop out of the training platoon

Have a feeling tomorrow will be the day we hear something.. Don't fancy going into another weekend not knowing one way or the other.

Word on the street is that Garda vetting is holding up the process. Better sit tight lads, could be at least another week!

Monday morning lads .

• Advertisement

Monday morning lads .

Ranger Steve, sound for the heads up! If you don't mind me asking did recruitment tell you we will find out Monday?

Advertisement