Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadetship 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RangerSteve

Not at all. Recruitment didn't tell me specifically but I did hear it from a few lads who are still in the competition who have contacted recruitment through phone call. I think tradition is successful candidates are informed first followed by unsuccessful a few days later. Anyone confirm that?
    Unity16 wrote: »
    Ranger Steve, sound for the heads up! If you don't mind me asking did recruitment tell you we will find out Monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Unity16

Not at all. Recruitment didn't tell me specifically but I did hear it from a few lads who are still in the competition who have contacted recruitment through phone call. I think tradition is successful candidates are informed first followed by unsuccessful a few days later. Anyone confirm that?

Cool! I really hope we find out either way next Monday! Got to plan work, finance etc.

Have a great weekend lads! Keep the phones charged Monday! Best of luck everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RangerSteve

Anyone hear anything yet?

I have my phone on loud and still waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Nothing yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭HOPEFUL3

No news here, how confident are u guys that it will be today ? Anyone here anything official that today will be the day ??

HOPEFUL3 wrote: »
    No news here, how confident are u guys that it will be today ? Anyone here anything official that today will be the day ??

I have heard nothing official. Its all hear say unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aussie88

Heard nothing here yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sanna16

It will be out today .... 100%

• Advertisement

Sanna16 wrote: »

Is that from an official source ?

Is that from an official source ?

Yes the best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MartP23

Sanna16 wrote: »
    Yes the best of luck

Is that for all branches or just Army etc. ?

MartP23 wrote: »
    Is that for all branches or just Army etc. ?

For all

Lockstep wrote: »
    Anyone know if we'll hear by phone or email?
    Also, will everyone on the panel hear back today or just those who were awarded cadetships?

Email

Results are out, I got a Naval cadetship. Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 harkequin

Lockstep wrote: »
    Results are out, I got a Naval cadetship. Delighted!

Same, got engineering

Was it by Email lads?

Well done lads, what is the start date ?

MartP23 wrote: »
    Was it by Email lads?
    Yup, just got the email there.
    Well done lads, what is the start date ?
    Not sure on the exact date, they said sometime in late September.

• Advertisement

Anyone get an email saying they have not been successful... still waiting patiently here 😨😨

Anyone have any word from the Air Corps yet?

Got offered navy and army. Incredible honour to be offered either! Decided to take Army.

To anybody who has been offered the army fair play! 4,000 people applied and only 48 places. Its an amazing achievement to be a member of the defence forces, let alone a future officer! My advice guys is not to under estimate how significant this is! Make the most of it!

To everybody who got this far and has not been notified, keep in there! You are officer material! Unfortunately not everybody gets it. In the end of the day it does not matter how you got it, just once you got it!! Some people get it in the second round and others get it next year. Keep your head down and keep focused!

Looking forward to meeting you lads in September. Anybody knows someone going next year let me know, I would be delighted to offer whatever help I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I got it and this is my fifth application, so it's worth keeping yourself motivated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aussie88

See you in the curragh guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

Folks,

First of all, congrats to those of you who recieved offers to enter the Military College as Cadets and in turn, eventually become Officers in the various branches of the Defence Forces.

Secondly, once commissioned you will be in a position to directly effect the lives of troops and effect change at some level, for better or worse, in the various Units you will serve in during your career.

Treat your role within the organisation with the respect and professionalism it deserves. Choose your role models wisely and take everyday as a school day because you'll never know everything.

Best of luck in your careers.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanD123

Congrats to all who got offered a cadetship! I didn't get an offer but I'm happy to have gotten this far for my first time! To anyone else who got this far and didn't quite make the cut, stay motivated and try again next year and I have no doubt you will get it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FrankOceanic

I got it, delighted with myself...

Anybody know any more info in the absence of further emails?

We could start with the assumption that we'll start on Monday 26th.

I'd want to give my two weeks notice in to work tomorrow, to finish on the 16th.

That would give me a week off (17th-25th) before we start to rest the ceann.

Anybody hear any rumours or goss?

Well done to all those who got in this time!

Despite my efforts I haven't heard anything this week at all, not even a reply. Does anyone know what is going on with the Naval Cadetships? Have they been all offered? Are the classes smaller? There is a massive lack of correspondence on these issues.

Well done again to all those who made it in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 fasnet353

JoeShmo,

Yeah I haven't heard a thing either. Seems a little mean to post on facebook saying the offers have been sent out and not getting a correspondence of any kind.

Well done to all those that received offers. Best of luck with yer careers!

Advertisement