Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadetship 2016

Options

Comments

fasnet353 wrote: »
    JoeShmo,

Yeah I haven't heard a thing either. Seems a little mean to post on facebook saying the offers have been sent out and not getting a correspondence of any kind.

Well done to all those that received offers. Best of luck with yer careers!
    From what I have heard from some of those who got offers is that the class size was reduced and that there is chopping and changing going on. There may be hope yet of an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭xavier8228

From what I have heard from some of those who got offers is that the class size was reduced and that there is chopping and changing going on. There may be hope yet of an offer.

Is it for the army or navy you're on about?

xavier8228 wrote: »

Is it for the army or navy you're on about?
    Navy mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 fasnet353

Can anyone that got a naval offer please fill in any details they might have? I still haven't heard a word from the DF.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 harkequin

No word here either mate, Navy too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Betty16

harkequin wrote: »

Has anyone called/emailed the recruitment office?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RangerSteve

Those who have got army offers. I'm paranoid they my accept email didn't send. No-one has heard any correspondence since the offers were sent out right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ChrisM93

Those who have got army offers. I'm paranoid they my accept email didn't send. No-one has heard any correspondence since the offers were sent out right?

I'm in the same boat with the navy (excuse the pun!) I emailed them yesterday to ask if they receive my acceptance email. Still no reply.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue!

Betty16 wrote: »

Has anyone called/emailed the recruitment office?
    Numerous times. No response.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 harkequin

navy emails out today

• Advertisement

navy emails out today

Is that an official source?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Yeah. We got them today.

Lockstep wrote: »
    Yeah. We got them today.

That's just for successful candidates?

Yeah, we got start dates, kit to bring etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 fasnet353

Anyone that wasn't given an offer been contacted yet?

fasnet353 wrote: »
    Anyone that wasn't given an offer been contacted yet?

Nope, nothing yet.

No, nothing yet. I doubt anyone will get offers at this stage, seems very late. Not very professional to be left sitting for so long in the dark, but I'm sure there is an explanation, but disheartening none-the-less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Niallers123

I wrote to the Defence Forces Recuitment page on Facebook this was the conversation:

Hi, I applied for the cadetship in the year just gone 2016. I got through every stage and was passed fit at the medical stage pending bloods. I understand that offers were sent out last week but I didn't get one. Does that mean I'm put on a panel and that I might get called later on in the year? Or by not getting an offer does it mean that my application is now void and I will just have to reapply next year? I would really appreciate any information.

Reply:
    You will just have to hang on in there. As offers are turned down other offers are issued. This process will continue for approx 3 weeks after the actual Cadet intake begins.

Does anyone know what date is intake?

I wrote to the Defence Forces Recuitment page on Facebook this was the conversation:

Hi, I applied for the cadetship in the year just gone 2016. I got through every stage and was passed fit at the medical stage pending bloods. I understand that offers were sent out last week but I didn't get one. Does that mean I'm put on a panel and that I might get called later on in the year? Or by not getting an offer does it mean that my application is now void and I will just have to reapply next year? I would really appreciate any information.

Reply:
    You will just have to hang on in there. As offers are turned down other offers are issued. This process will continue for approx 3 weeks after the actual Cadet intake begins.

Does anyone know what date is intake?
    Thankyou very much for the information mate. That has cleared alot of things up. Would have been so much easier if this had been communicated to us from the beginning. I believe 19th September is the start date for inductions.

Hang in there lads, 2 friends of mine got cadetship offers in the last couple of days. There's still hope yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Dantian

Lockstep wrote: »
    Hang in there lads, 2 friends of mine got cadetship offers in the last couple of days. There's still hope yet.

Do you know what number thye were on the reserve list?

No, I've no idea what the placement is on the reserve list. I'd say that's confidential for the Defence Forces.

they should know - the lads were told their places on the letters, and no mention of keeping quiet, I know they've been taking about it.

Hi folks just letting you know that the Naval Cadet Class was sworn in yesterday. I still haven't got anything from them and just had a quick look at the number of emails I sent, 10! and I called the office 5 times. Very poor stuff indeed.

Has anyone who didn't get in received any word confirming anything?

Has anyone who didn't get in received any word confirming anything?

Nope

Anybody else get that email about the competiton still being active for the next three weeks?

Betty16 wrote: »
    Anybody else get that email about the competiton still being active for the next three weeks?

Yea, reserve panel to fill any drop-outs.

Reserve panel were notified at the end of august, at least a fair chunk of them were (first 25 spots as far as I know)

I guess they could need more reserves but since drop outs after the first week or so would be rare enough for a job they've worked this hard to get I doubt they'll need 25 when the class size is 60

• Advertisement

Anyone hear anything since the last email?

Advertisement