Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Manchester City, Wed 2nd Mar @ 8pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Firminos been offside quite a bit......nice to see some running in behind defence though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

What tracking from flanagan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Flanno is basically just flattening anything that moves tonight. I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Streams.......

Google reddit/soccerstreams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Flanno > Moreno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Delighted!

Great response from Sunday. Klopps changes working well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That replay is pretty damning of Mignolet, only starting to dive when Milner chested it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Flanno is the embodiment of the local kid playing for his team. I'm not sure why he isn't already luxuriating in a new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

firminho needs to play quicker,gets caught with the ball a fair bit,does good things though aswell,embarrassing lead really :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Flanno is the embodiment of the local kid playing for his team. I'm not sure why he isn't already luxuriating in a new contract.

Good luck to moreno getting his place back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Vicxas wrote: »
    Flanno > Moreno

Scouse Cafu > Real Cafu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Vicxas wrote: »
    Flanno > Moreno

ronnie moran > moreno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

He's been pretty poor tonight.

Good head on his shoulders but he's been exposed a few times and caught in possession, which is just a total disaster for a fullback in his own half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Absolutely wretched from us tonight. Second to every ball, Liverpool showing far more commitment and energy. We'll do well to hold them to 2. Too many of these substandard performances this season.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

This league is so awful that a win tonight and a few more decent results could see Liverpool right back in the frame for fourth place.

Pellegrini is being pissed on by his players though, so many frauds out there that don't look like they could even give half a sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Gbear wrote: »
    He's been pretty poor tonight.

Good head on his shoulders but he's been exposed a few times and caught in possession, which is just a total disaster for a fullback in his own half.

Would be one of his biggest critics but can only really remember 1 time where he was caught out in possession, and one great interception to prevent a chance for sterling.

Edit: Forgot about the free kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Paully D wrote: »
    Who is Liverpool's game in hand against? Possibly only 3 points off the top 4 if they win that one now.

That kinda talk never bodes well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Do you think if we throw the game and let City win Pellegrini will let the lads get some photos with the Cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Flanno bails in and gives away a free... fair play lad! Passion.

Moreno gets forward to offer support, midfielder loses the ball, uses pace to get back but gives away a free. Braindead.

I do wonder if he wasnt a local lad would anyone think he was any good at all.

• Advertisement

Sterling off. Ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Do you think if we throw the game and let City win Pellegrini will let the lads get some photos with the Cup?
    It's the only way we're likely to get anything from tonight!
    :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Pyjamarama wrote: »

Moreno gets forward to offer support, midfielder loses the ball, uses pace to get back but gives away a free. Braindead.

Flano tracks back 40 yards to get in a great position to stop definite goal. Good defending

Moreno not so good.

Its like your upset that some people do not rate Moreno.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

blueser wrote: »
    It's the only way we're likely to get anything from tonight!
    :o

If city can get one back, liverpool will cave in as usual.

Flanagan's attacking play is also arguable better than Moreno, look at that pass!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sterling off. Ouch.

It's funny how some big name departures never really did wel when playing against us.

Owen, Torres and now Sterling (I know it's only 2.5 games) spring to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

NukaCola wrote: »

We've found Mrs Moreno's boards account anyway.

Needless from Lallana, we had the ball

Not rating him is fine, I think he's good, not great by any means. But the slating he gets annoys me. Its constant and imo unwarranted. I didn't like it when it was Lovren either... Mignolet deserves it tho. ;)

Why do you insist with this about Moreno?

He's a poor defender and attacker, look at his assist and goalscoring record.

Why would Irish fans care if he's foreign or local?

Flanagan is way ahead of him as a defender and attacking threat when fully fit.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »

Way ahead of him as an attacking threat is a bit of a stretch if we are being fair.....

Liverpool looking very comfortable so far. Surprised at City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This is the Milner we expected from the start. Only took 25 games.

Adapting to the PL. Should have bought PL proven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Lallana is playing well tonight..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

blueser wrote: »
    Absolutely wretched from us tonight. Second to every ball, Liverpool showing far more commitment and energy. We'll do well to hold them to 2. Too many of these substandard performances this season.

:mad:

You've obviously seen more of Joe Hart than i have, is it just me who thinks he's so poor at getting down to his near post? I've seen him concede so many silly goals in that fashion.

Why do you insist with this about Moreno?

He's a poor defender and attacker, look at his assist and goalscoring record.

Why would Irish fans care if he's foreign or local?

Its hardly like i'm the only one talking about Moreno, every second post seems to be about him.

Irish fans care because he's a local lad, i care because he's a local lad. There's an element of romance in it.

I personally think that Moreno is a far better attacking option (have people forgot how bad Flannos crosses are in his absence) and has pace which we basically don't have apart from him and I think the pace is needed to stretch teams. But there's no denying that Flanno is a better defender.

Way ahead of him as an attacking threat is a bit of a stretch if we are being fair.....

Disagree, his passing is much better, don't mind those long runs Moreno does every 25 games.

Flanno playing well in parts...making a few mistakes in possession but is tidy too... His aggression is causing them a lot of problems imo... striking a bit of fear into them

Moreno's pace doesn't matter because his starting position is so ridiculously high anyway. Yous think if he could run that fast he'd start further back.

monkey9 wrote: »
    You've obviously seen more of Joe Hart than i have, is it just me who thinks he's so poor at getting down to his near post? I've seen him concede so many silly goals in that fashion.

I thought his foot slipped when he was diving, maybe i'm giving him too much credit though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Delighted!

Great response from Sunday. Klopps changes working well.

Is Sturridge injured or just rested

Its hardly like i'm the only one talking about Moreno, every second post seems to be about him.

Irish fans care because he's a local lad, i care because he's a local lad. There's an element of romance in it.

I personally think that Moreno is a far better attacking option (have people forgot how bad Flannos crosses are in his absence) and has pace which we basically don't have apart from him and I think the pace is needed to stretch teams. But there's no denying that Flanno is a better defender.

He has pace at times but does nothing with it. Really he hardly ever stretches opponents defence and he is not missed tonight in anyway.

Boom!!! Title is ours I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Very nice goal.

Where has this Lalana kid come from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Magic. Hiding the ball from Hart

Is Sturridge injured or just rested

Klopp said he rested him after the final. Good decision.

GAME OVER NOW

Disagree, his passing is much better, don't mind those long runs Moreno does every 25 games.

Flanno is only ok at going forward......not sure how passing competently now means he's an attacking threat, its not like he ever takes a player on or chips in with assists and goals frequently.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Sexy!

• Advertisement

Get in!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement