Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer moisturiser recommendations/Skin care help....

Options
  • 02-03-2016 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi guys

I'm in the process of changing up my skin care routine and have been looking to Caroline Hirons for some inspiration

The problem is I can't seem to find a recommendation from her for a good light summer moisturiser for dehydrated/combination skin....

Any recommendations???

So far I've decided on the following products

Clinique take the day off
    Clinique mild clarifying lotion
    Clinique moisture surge face spray

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I have dehydrated combination skin and I use Avene Hydrance light hydrating cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I like the Image Vital C range at night and Prevention+ SPF 30/50 for during the day.

I'm a huge advocate for suncream, and the Image at the best that I've tried, as they are non greasy and feel really good under my make up.

For the record, I've tried the following SPF moisturizers.
    Kiehls - also quite good
    Vichy - not too bad, a bit greasy
    La Roche Posey - also too greasy, didnt dry in as well
    Channel - way too rich, didnt dry in well

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭kaykay27

Thank you both!

Saw in a blog that Caroline hirons recommended the simple night cream.... Wonder if it's too good to be true at that price point

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I've sensitive rosacea prone skin and I wear Clinique city block spf25 as a moisturiser with a serum underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭kaykay27

I've sensitive rosacea prone skin and I wear Clinique city block spf25 as a moisturiser with a serum underneath.

Thanks how strange

Would you use this at night as well or do you have a seperare night cream? What serum do you pair with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I use Vichy aqualia serum (blue glass bottle) and at night I use retinol (indeed labs) and an oil. I've started using clarins blue orchid oil but I was using the body shop vitamin e serum oil all summer and despite the very perfumed smell my skin was fine with it. I alternate with vitamin e oil a couple of times a week.

I've yet to find a night cream that suits my skin and I struggle with day moisturisers too. Most cause my skin to breakout or aren't hydrating enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

I've found Clinique's moisturisers to be very drying. I know a few people who say that.

I use Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream. Every so often I change and always go back to it. I also use a sunscreen 365 days of the year. I love the Clarin's SPF 50 booster which I use under my moisturiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I've found Clinique's moisturisers to be very drying. I know a few people who say that.

I use Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream. Every so often I change and always go back to it. I also use a sunscreen 365 days of the year. I love the Clarin's SPF 50 booster which I use under my moisturiser.

I love hearing other people doing this. I nag my friends about it constantly, I've been doing it myself for about the last 5 years and I just think its so important.

So many people say "oh my foundation has SPF" but that really isnt the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

I love hearing other people doing this. I nag my friends about it constantly, I've been doing it myself for about the last 5 years and I just think its so important.

So many people say "oh my foundation has SPF" but that really isnt the same.

Agreed. I found a good SPF protects me from the air-conditioning and the elements - not just the sun. I don't leave the house without slapping some on.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

kaykay27 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    I'm in the process of changing up my skin care routine and have been looking to Caroline Hirons for some inspiration
    The problem is I can't seem to find a recommendation from her for a good light summer moisturiser for dehydrated/combination skin....
    Any recommendations???

I will still use my Monsia intense moisturizing day cream with SPF15 followed by Boots #7 match made foundation also with SPF15 but after cleansing & toning before bed and after applying my night repair cream I will stop applying the vit E oil to my face and only apply it on my neck area. I find that in the summer my skin reverts to being normal and does not need the vit E oil help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

kaykay27 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Any recommendations???

Hi Caroline recently reccomended the bliss drenc and quench moisturiser for dehydrated https://www.instagram.com/p/BCc3qewEvWJ/?taken-by=carolinehirons

you can get it on cult beauty :)

Advertisement