Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internship 2016 Posts

Options
  • 02-03-2016 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys,

First time poster.

I'm a UK student in the process of applying for Internship 2016. Long story short, I missed my UK application deadline due to family problems so I applied to Ireland. I have passed the IEET exam and I am now applying for Internship posts which is difficult because I haven't experienced Irish hospitals. I just have a few questions regarding the Internship posts:

1) What's the best way to select the 50 posts out of ~700 posts?
    2) Which hospitals are the best for applying to in terms of training and other important aspects? Which hospitals should I avoid?
    3) What rotations are the most "competitive"/"uncompetitive" to apply for?
    4) I am considering GP as a future career. Would GP training schemes look favourably on your application if you chose relevant Internship rotations like Care of the Elderly, Ortho or Geriatrics?
    5) I'm in my final months of uni, what should I do to prepare myself for the Internship?

I really appreciate it if someone could help clear up a few things for me! Cheers!!

RL.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ragliaz

Hi, I'm currently applying for the intern year. I will have to attend the IEET but there's only limited information on the guidance. Can you please suggest me some materials for preparation?

Advertisement