Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed Term Lease Agreement

Options
  • 02-03-2016 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

I have a fixed term lease agreement signed by new tenants and they have a deposit paid. They were to move in yesterday but I have not heard from them in almost 4 weeks since deposit was paid. The agreement is a soft copy pdf document. I emailed to them, they printed it and signed it and emailed back.

I am wondering where do I stand if they fail to communicate with me or do not show. They are moving back home from another country so I dont have a contact no. just an email. Spoke on phone once, in laws viewed house for them, all seemed happy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

pajoguy wrote: »
    I have a fixed term lease agreement signed by new tenants and they have a deposit paid. They were to move in yesterday but I have not heard from them in almost 4 weeks since deposit was paid. The agreement is a soft copy pdf document. I emailed to them, they printed it and signed it and emailed back.

I am wondering where do I stand if they fail to communicate with me or do not show. They are moving back home from another country so I dont have a contact no. just an email. Spoke on phone once, in laws viewed house for them, all seemed happy.

Have they paid first months rent?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Keep sending emails and mark them urgent. If they've paid the first month's rent and deposit, I'd only start to worry if next month's rent isn't paid.

There's plenty of reasons why they might not have moved yet, and having the place lined up for when they get their ducks in a row abroad helps with the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pajoguy

davo10 wrote: »

They paid the deposit and a portion of rent for february as agreed and that is printed in the lease agreement as we wanted full rent paid on 1st of month. This was so I would hold the house for them until they returned home two days ago and they were to pay full months rent when they got here.
    The tenancy agreement started on the 22nd of feb so they paid 25% of months rent for february.
    Maybe I should have got March rent aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭pajoguy

davo10 wrote: »

They paid the deposit and a portion of rent for february as agreed and that is printed in the lease agreement as we wanted full rent paid on 1st of month. This was so I would hold the house for them until they returned home two days ago and they were to pay full months rent when they got here.
    The tenancy agreement started on the 22nd of feb so they paid 25% of months rent for february.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

pajoguy wrote: »

Issue a notice of late rent right away to their email address. Give it a few days at least, if there's no word, then issue 14 days notice of rent arrears. After 14 days issue a notice of termination in line with the process in the RTA 2004 and start advertising for new tenants.

As I said before there's plenty of reasons they might not have been able to pay or move yet. But it's important that you notify them that without the rent they are at risk of termination of the lease.

• Advertisement
Advertisement