Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Building in Smithfield shows celtic tiger is back in town.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

MrMorooka wrote: »
    Do horse fairs still happen on the square?

Yes it sure does, giddy up!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Jaysus, so we'll have Cinnamon, Urbanity, Costa, Third Space, Proper Order and that tiny place next to the vintage clothes shop, all within a couple of yards of each other!
    budgemook wrote: »
    Tiny place is Provender and Family. You also have:

The Kiosk place at LUAS stop
    Lighthouse cinema
    Bel Cibo
    Oscars
    Maldron (sign outside now about coffee)
    Christophes
    Sparks Cafe
    Generator
    Insomnia in Fresh
    The Italian shop on north King street

If you want a coffee, go to Smithfield.

I noticed that there's actually also a place inside that costume shop (bearded lady I think) that does coffee and all-day breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭carlaboi

MrMorooka wrote: »
    Do horse fairs still happen on the square?

Once a year now in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭carlaboi

I heard (from the guys in Urbanity today) that it was sold this week to Costa. They seemed to have solid information directly from the Dublin Loft Company. The owner of Urbanity seemed to think that it'd be a positive for them and that it would bring more people to that end of Smithfield. I doubt that the grumpy shïte in Cinnamon will see it that way!

He certainly is a grumpy sh**e.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Considering Costa Coffee are advertising for staff for a new store in Smithfield, I'm guessing its the empty ground floor cafe unit in the new Oxmanstown Lofts building?? Or is it somewhere else in Smithfield?

http://ie.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=9e3d340487cc9bce&q=Little+Island&tk=1ak6ouf2k9nosc3c&from=web

Edit: just reading an earlier post above that confirmed this it was this unit Costa were taken!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ongarboy wrote: »
    Considering Costa Coffee are advertising for staff for a new store in Smithfield, I'm guessing its the empty ground floor cafe unit in the new Oxmanstown Lofts building?? Or is it somewhere else in Smithfield?

http://ie.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=9e3d340487cc9bce&q=Little+Island&tk=1ak6ouf2k9nosc3c&from=web

Edit: just reading an earlier post above that confirmed this it was this unit Costa were taken!

It is Costa ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cardinal tetra

I believe it's Costa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Hey guys FYI, I just heard that the place is going to be a Costa.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Hey guys FYI, I just heard that the place is going to be a Costa.

Are you 100%. I heard it was to be Costa Coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cardinal tetra

like as in costa coffee shop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Freshii (similar to Chopped) opening a restaurant in Smithfield. Good to see more and more businesses opening here that increasingly add life and character to the area.

http://www.dublinpeople.com/news/northsidewest/articles/2017/02/03/4133923-fresh-fast-food-outlet-coming-to-smithfield/

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Iolar Iontach

ongarboy wrote: »
    Freshii (similar to Chopped) opening a restaurant in Smithfield. Good to see more and more businesses opening here that increasingly add life and character to the area.

http://www.dublinpeople.com/news/northsidewest/articles/2017/02/03/4133923-fresh-fast-food-outlet-coming-to-smithfield/

Another soulless chain won't add character to the area!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Another soulless chain won't add character to the area!

Certainly won't but I'd rather a soulless chain than a vacant unit. Anyone know which one it's going in?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Freshii isn't really similar to Chopped at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

newacc2015 wrote: »
    Another park/square is not what the city needs. Ask any German or American what they think of Dublin. They say it's full of parks, but no one actually uses them. Beside that site, there is the square on Smithfield, a park is 5 mins away in Kings Inn, etc. Why does the area need another park? We need more housing/office space in the city. Not another park with a few benches, where you cant actually do anything in ie cant play football, tennis, running track or basket ball.

How many more parks do we need in the city, that you can actually do anything in other than sit there?

that's one of the weirdest things I've ever read..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    Certainly won't but I'd rather a soulless chain than a vacant unit. Anyone know which one it's going in?

I had heard that Chopped was going into the vacant place beside Fitness Ireland a few months back. Maybe the person who told me it was Chopped mixed it up with Freshii.

Advertisement