Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

trying to find good homes for lovable pups

• 02-03-2016 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

i have 5 pups - mother was a yorkie but died 2 days after having them. Hand reared all of them. Have tried to find good homes for them - wanted them to go in pairs cos they are so devoted to one another - cry when they are not together. anyway neighbour complaining about them and landlord told me they have to go. Have to let them go but desperately trying to find good homes for them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Definitely do not let them go in pairs. All small puppies are playful & devoted to each at that age. This can & often does change drastically when they are mature. Issues between siblings are very common. As well as fighting sometimes the less outgoing puppy becomes too dependent on its litter mate leaving it a nervous wreck if separated.

Have you tried any of your local rescues? Have they been wormed, microchipped & vaccines started?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mairenidhuill

They are getting their shots in 2 weeks - not due til then. Have been wormed not microchipped. Havent gone to rescue centers - just need to know where they will be going - cos I reared them - am very protective of them and worry about where they will get homes. just want them to get great homes.

I just need to know where they will go. Can anyone understand that these pups are nearly like children to us. It will be so hard to let them go but we have to. they have had shots and everything else.

Sure I can understand that. You have obviously done a great job hand rearing 5 of them. It is not easy. Worming should be done every 2 weeks from 2 weeks old. They do need to be microchipped. How old are they now? They should not go to their new homes until 8 - 10 weeks. A reputable rescue vet their new owners & will work with you. Where are you based? Please heed advice though & do not let them be rehomed in pairs.

I am pretty sure many posters here understand!

Why should they not go in pairs? They are are over a year old now. We tried to hold onto all of then but it is not possible.

• Advertisement

We are in Mullingar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

Why should they not go in pairs? They are are over a year old now. We tried to hold onto all of then but it is not possible.

They are over a year old..you need to get them microchipped, have you neutered any of them?

I have explained above. Also google Littermate syndrome. From your description it seems this is already happening. At a year old toy breeds are not puppies. They really need individual attention & to be able to live independent of their littermates or they are going to be a nightmare for their new owners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

These dogs all need to be neutered and microchipped before going to their separate homes. I'm sure you did a great job rearing them but keeping them for a year is not the natural order of things. Keeping a whole litter is very detrimental to their development and behaviour. They do not develop normally in a psychological sense. I would imagine the reasons you want them to go in pairs are the very reasons why this should absolutely not happen.

Good homes are very hard to come by in this country, and no offence is intended but you give the impression that you don't really know how to evaluate if a home will be a good one or not.

Advertisement